2020 Presidential Election thread

Home Forums Politics

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Nov 3, 2020 5:07 PM

Ours in AL was to fill in a bubble and then scan it.  Hundreds of people waiting in the line of all stripes.  The only "voter suppression" I witnessed was a guy in line ahead of us playing Michael Jackson songs kind of loud on his phone.  

majorspark

Tue, Nov 3, 2020 6:17 PM

Yikes.

jmog

Tue, Nov 3, 2020 6:24 PM
posted by majorspark

Yikes.

Yup, no dementia there right Ptown?

I know my relatives that died from it started mixing up relative names and/or forgetting who they were about 2 years before they died.

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Tue, Nov 3, 2020 6:36 PM

I know that in 2024 I'm also going to have a drinking game based on Nate Silver's tweets.

sportchampps

Tue, Nov 3, 2020 6:53 PM
posted by justincredible

Are ALL voting machines at a location going down? Or just one or two? No backups?

Where I was it was all and we were given pens and papers to vote. I heard it was only down for about 90 mins. My wife voted on the machine and got the free made in China stylus

sportchampps

Tue, Nov 3, 2020 7:32 PM

I think VA being able to be called so early this time around is a bad sign for Trump. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Nov 3, 2020 7:52 PM

Lol Dems spent almost $100M to still get smoked by cocaine Mitch in Kentucky. How does that make sense to spend money like that?

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Nov 3, 2020 7:55 PM

PA is the main play. Most twitter voting issues were in Philly. Lot of vote in ballots allowed to be counted for another week. Could take all week. 

gut

Tue, Nov 3, 2020 7:57 PM

I've been wondering where the turnout actually ends up.  Yeah, there's been record early voting....but maybe not that many people were voting today.

But, damn, $100M in one Senate race in KY.  Elections are big business.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Nov 3, 2020 8:06 PM
posted by gut

I've been wondering where the turnout actually ends up.  Yeah, there's been record early voting....but maybe not that many people were voting today.

But, damn, $100M in one Senate race in KY.  Elections are big business.

If you donate to a politician you’re just a dumbass. I saw some liberal woman on my Instagram donating to Mgrath... wtf did you think was gonna happen. Save your own money you poor idiots. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Nov 3, 2020 8:15 PM

Trump winning the popular vote but losing the EC would be HILARIOUS. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Nov 3, 2020 8:21 PM

gut

Tue, Nov 3, 2020 8:25 PM

Trump has A LOT of ground to make up in OH and PA.

LOL, watched CNN for about 30 seconds, and while the FL vote was coming in slowly, Blitzer jumping out of his seat "Biden has taken the lead in FL!" with only 20% of the votes counted.

If Trump launches his own news network he's going to continue trolling CNN for years.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Nov 3, 2020 8:31 PM
posted by gut

Trump has A LOT of ground to make up in OH and PA.

Yeah, very surprised by early results in Ohio.

gut

Tue, Nov 3, 2020 9:41 PM

Lot of time left, but starting to feel a lot like 2016 where you started to realize Trump might win.  He's done better in FL and GA than expected, so kind of looking like the polls missed about 5% of hidden Trump voters.

He was out to a shocking early lead in MI (+140k votes), has surged ahead in TX, and made-up a ton of ground in OH and NC.  Also up in WI with 20% of votes in.  So hard to read with who counted a bunch of mail-in ballots early and who is really just starting.

Definitely looks like this could come down to counting leftover mail-in ballots in the upper midwest.  Kind of expected Biden to pick-off one of these leaning red states, and he's got a good chance in OH and NC.  And no idea on AR yet.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Nov 3, 2020 9:41 PM

Ohio flipped red for the first time with 70% of the vote in.

gut

Tue, Nov 3, 2020 9:43 PM
posted by justincredible

Ohio flipped red for the first time with 70% of the vote in.

Wow.  That was a huge move from where the count started out at.  Been going that way in a number of states.

The really good news is it's sounding like maybe Repubs keep 52 seats in the Senate.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Nov 3, 2020 9:43 PM

Trump's huge lead in VA is shrinking (already called for Biden) and he's gaining late in NC. He's also gained A TON in PA. Still up big in MI.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Nov 3, 2020 9:44 PM
posted by gut

Wow.  That was a huge move from where the count started out at.  Been going that way in a number of states.

The really good news is it's sounding like maybe Repubs keep 52 seats in the Senate.

They lost Gardner in CO already.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Nov 3, 2020 9:45 PM

I was glad to see my favorite person in DC, Thomas Massie, was re-elected in bigly fashion.

gut

Tue, Nov 3, 2020 9:45 PM

Virginia might be one to keep an eye on.  Fox called it way early, and I don't think CNN has called it yet.  But Trump has a 260k vote lead with about half in, which we've seen differences like that disappear instantly all night.

gut

Tue, Nov 3, 2020 9:47 PM
posted by justincredible

They lost Gardner in CO already.

They had 53, with 9 seats in play I believe.  They've won two of the toss-ups, I think, and then Gardner took the 3rd.  And John James is leading in MI that would put it back to 53 with 5 seats left in play.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Nov 3, 2020 9:54 PM

NJ is going to legalize rec cannabis. SD might legalize rec cannabis and is definitely legalizing medical. Rec is on the ballot in AZ but no results yet. I'd guess it passes there.