OSU Football 2018

Home Forums Sports

SportsAndLady

Tue, Nov 6, 2018 10:03 PM

Osu stays ranked behind 2 loss LSU. I thought the committee said they don’t like when teams get blown out? LSU got blanked AT HOME and they also lost to a Florida team that just lost to Missouri (Lol), and they stay ahead of 1-loss Ohio State. Okay...

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Nov 6, 2018 10:14 PM

Surprised OSU at 10 but they have looked ho hum too many times recently. A win at MSU and then beating UM and they’ll still be in the talk

wkfan

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 8:09 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Osu stays ranked behind 2 loss LSU. I thought the committee said they don’t like when teams get blown out? LSU got blanked AT HOME and they also lost to a Florida team that just lost to Missouri (Lol), and they stay ahead of 1-loss Ohio State. Okay...

Buuuuuuuuut....SEC

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 8:28 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Win out

SportsAndLady

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 8:31 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Win out

It’s not even about OSU. They’re playing like shit and don’t deserve anything in the polls. 

The point is LSU looked TERRIBLE at home in a primetime game, and it was their second loss, and the committee just kinda moves them down a few spots. If that were anyone else (outside of the SEC) they’d be dropped to 15 or below. But because SEC! SEC! They get a minor slap on the wrist. 

It completely contradicts everything the committee has said about valuing how teams play at home and how they absolutely hate when a team gets blown out. Well...

BR1986FB

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 8:39 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Win out

Win out doesn't mean anything. Even if OSU wins out, the teams to watch are Oklahoma & WV. If either of those teams win out, they will likely get in. Plus, if GA were to shock Bama, they will likely get in. LSU is ahead of the Buckeyes right now but I think OSU would leapfrog them if they win out. The committee has essentially said "not impressed" with OSU's body of work. They haven't looked like a BCS contender since week 3, sadly.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 9:24 AM

Win out

BR1986FB

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 9:30 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Win out

Still likely won't make it

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 9:45 AM

But that is all they need to worry about.

BR1986FB

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 9:50 AM

True

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 10:12 AM

And to you and S&L's point... it's not like we didn't already know the CFP committee's "algorithm" is a farce anyway... 

slingshot4ever

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 12:26 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

LSU lost to 2 ranked teams - big deal.  We got our asses handed to us by a Purdue team that lost to Eastern Michigan (bigger LOL).  LSU has a better resume and looks better using the eye test as well.  Take the scarlet and gray blinders off for a few seconds.

BR1986FB

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 12:41 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

LSU lost to 2 ranked teams - big deal.  We got our asses handed to us by a Purdue team that lost to Eastern Michigan (bigger LOL).  LSU has a better resume and looks better using the eye test as well.  Take the scarlet and gray blinders off for a few seconds.

This would be my case for OSU not getting in, even if they win out. The committee would likely love them in because they are probably the second biggest draw in the country. But I can't see them thinking OSU is worthy because they really don't pass the eye test. Bama would probably put up 60 on that shitty defense.

SportsAndLady

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 12:44 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

Purdue is 5-1 with the right QB playing. The committee has said before they look at that type of stuff. Osu losing at Purdue is no different than LSU losing at Florida. To anyone with a brain at least. 

What part of the eye test does LSU pass after watching that game Saturday night? I felt like jamming a sharp object into my eyes watching their offense, is that what you mean by them passing the eye test? 

SportsAndLady

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 12:45 PM

And by the way, I literally just posted that Osu is fine where they are in the rankings and I’m not advocating for them to be higher in the rankings (until they start playing better). The point, again, is LSU sucks but is being coddled by the conmiteee and national media because SEC! SEC!

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 2:17 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

Big deal? damn right it's a big deal--it's two fricking losses! and anyone who says that "this is team is better/worse cause they beat/lost to a team that beat/was beaten by blah, blah, blah..." hasn't a clue how college football works. Period.

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 2:19 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Bama would probably put up 60 on that shitty defense.

damn, I could've sworn I heard this before...hmmmm...maybe 2014?

BR1986FB

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 2:31 PM
posted by vball10set

damn, I could've sworn I heard this before...hmmmm...maybe 2014?

Was the defense THAT bad in 2014? This defense has no speed, whatsoever, at LB, no legit shutdown corner and lost their leader, perhaps the best defensive player in college football (and a top 3 draft pick). It's easy to say "next man up" but that shit doesn't fly when you're trying to replace a Nick Bosa and they don't have a backup that could sniff his jock, skill-wise. Oh, and while I'm on Bosa....no pass rush. Sounds like an ideal recipe to shutdown a juggernaut offense to me.

slingshot4ever

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 2:55 PM
posted by vball10set

Big deal? damn right it's a big deal--it's two fricking losses! and anyone who says that "this is team is better/worse cause they beat/lost to a team that beat/was beaten by blah, blah, blah..." hasn't a clue how college football works. Period.

If you think OSU is better than LSU you don't have a clue

slingshot4ever

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 3:00 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

And by the way, I literally just posted that Osu is fine where they are in the rankings and I’m not advocating for them to be higher in the rankings (until they start playing better). The point, again, is LSU sucks but is being coddled by the conmiteee and national media because SEC! SEC!

I don't think it is as much of them being coddled as there just aren't any other teams good enough to be ahead of them.  I think they are the best 2 loss team and better than OSU and WSU.  I actually could see WVU being ranked higher than LSU, but that's about it.

SportsAndLady

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 3:01 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

If you think OSU is better than LSU you don't have a clue

Guess we should just listen to you. Since you know!

slingshot4ever

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 3:03 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Purdue is 5-1 with the right QB playing. The committee has said before they look at that type of stuff. Osu losing at Purdue is no different than LSU losing at Florida. To anyone with a brain at least. 

What part of the eye test does LSU pass after watching that game Saturday night? I felt like jamming a sharp object into my eyes watching their offense, is that what you mean by them passing the eye test? 

I think losing to Florida looks far better than losing to Purdue.  The committee has Florida in their top 25.  They do not have Purdue in their top 25.  And the Purdue game was over at half time.  It was Iowa all over again.  

I just think Alabama is in their own world so it is hard for me to say that because of that LSU sucks.  If that is the case, then everyone sucks.  I actually think UM has the best shot at hanging with them with that defense.

SportsAndLady

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 4:06 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

I think losing to Florida looks far better than losing to Purdue.  The committee has Florida in their top 25.  They do not have Purdue in their top 25.  And the Purdue game was over at half time.  It was Iowa all over again.  

I just think Alabama is in their own world so it is hard for me to say that because of that LSU sucks.  If that is the case, then everyone sucks.  I actually think UM has the best shot at hanging with them with that defense.

Who cares about the committees top 25? My whole point is their ranking system is terrible. Florida is not good, yet there they are highly ranked in the rankings. 

Its pretty obvious to see that Purdue is a pretty good team with their QB (versus their previous QB when they lost to terrible teams)

LSU has two losses. For now, they shouldn’t be anywhere near the top 10. At some point you have to win games. And they haven’t done that, and in their losses they’ve looked TERRIBLE. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 4:56 PM

LSU has a couple good wins, but one of those (Auburn) is a good win in the "SEC, so immediately ranked high and then slowly dropped when they lose" ways. And after losing 29-0 at home, they should definitely be dropped a couple more spots. As for Ohio State, it's easy to see why they're where they're at. Their best wins came against a PSU team that dropped its next game and then just got housed by Michigan and against a TCU team that completely fell apart after OSU beat them. After that, a few wins against nobodies with some of those wins being far closer than they had any right to be and a blowout loss against a mediocre team.

As for the Purdue QB, S&L, I thought they benched Sindelar for Blough in their first game with Northwestern. Or did they bring Sindelar back as starter for a couple weeks before making it a permanent change? I remember watching that NW-Purdue game and thinking that it was Blough who nearly led them back in it at least, but I might have games mixed up because beer, lol.

SportsAndLady

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 5:19 PM
posted by Heretic

LSU has a couple good wins, but one of those (Auburn) is a good win in the "SEC, so immediately ranked high and then slowly dropped when they lose" ways. And after losing 29-0 at home, they should definitely be dropped a couple more spots. As for Ohio State, it's easy to see why they're where they're at. Their best wins came against a PSU team that dropped its next game and then just got housed by Michigan and against a TCU team that completely fell apart after OSU beat them. After that, a few wins against nobodies with some of those wins being far closer than they had any right to be and a blowout loss against a mediocre team.

As for the Purdue QB, S&L, I thought they benched Sindelar for Blough in their first game with Northwestern. Or did they bring Sindelar back as starter for a couple weeks before making it a permanent change? I remember watching that NW-Purdue game and thinking that it was Blough who nearly led them back in it at least, but I might have games mixed up because beer, lol.

His first start was vs Missouri. So I was wrong, they’re 5-2, not 5-1. Still, he threw for nearly 600 yards in a loss vs Missouri. Then beat BC, OSU, and Iowa. Three ranked teams. It’s crazy to me this isn’t a more talked about thing—losing @ Purdue with Blough at QB is not a bad loss. You’d think we lost to a low level Mac team the way the national media talks about that loss. It’s crazy.