OSU Football 2018

Home Forums Sports

Al Bundy

Sun, Oct 21, 2018 3:33 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I agree wirh vball, I hate when people do that. Osu has top 5 recruiting classes every year, why would we be upset that we didn’t offer ONE local kid who went somewhere else and beat osu? Statistically, that’s simply going to happen. Can’t offer everyone. 

"The top 5 recruiting classes" are a self-fullfilling profacy because a player's ratings go up when OSU is interested in him. A kid goes to a camp as 3-star. Then he gets an offer from OSU (or one of the other top programs), and he is elevated to 4-star or 5-star.

SportsAndLady

Sun, Oct 21, 2018 4:48 PM
posted by Al Bundy

"The top 5 recruiting classes" are a self-fullfilling profacy because a player's ratings go up when OSU is interested in him. A kid goes to a camp as 3-star. Then he gets an offer from OSU (or one of the other top programs), and he is elevated to 4-star or 5-star.

Well then fine how about nfl talent. OSU has it. Because recruiting isn’t a problem. But sure that one fucking Columbus kid who had a good game against us one time, let’s make it into a problem. 

Al Bundy

Sun, Oct 21, 2018 5:15 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Well then fine how about nfl talent. OSU has it. Because recruiting isn’t a problem. But sure that one fucking Columbus kid who had a good game against us one time, let’s make it into a problem. 

I don't think we lost this game because of one kid. I was just pointing how rediculous the whole rating system has become.

We lost this game because Purdue cared more about it all week in preparation. Purdue was talking all week about trying to win the Big Ten west. Ohio State was talking all week about how rich they will be at the next level.

SportsAndLady

Sun, Oct 21, 2018 5:46 PM
posted by Al Bundy

I don't think we lost this game because of one kid. I was just pointing how rediculous the whole rating system has become.

We lost this game because Purdue cared more about it all week in preparation. Purdue was talking all week about trying to win the Big Ten west. Ohio State was talking all week about how rich they will be at the next level.

Yeah, you’re an idiot. 

Al Bundy

Sun, Oct 21, 2018 6:19 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Yeah, you’re an idiot. 

I have forgotten more about sports than you will ever know. I knew we were in trouble when everyone was counting NFL money this week. Purdue +13 was easy money this week, but I still hoped that we would pull out the win. I still think this team has enough talent to win the big ten, but if someone doesn't step up as a leader soon, it will slip away.

SportsAndLady

Sun, Oct 21, 2018 6:35 PM
posted by Al Bundy

I have forgotten more about sports than you will ever know. I knew we were in trouble when everyone was counting NFL money this week. Purdue +13 was easy money this week, but I still hoped that we would pull out the win. I still think this team has enough talent to win the big ten, but if someone doesn't step up as a leader soon, it will slip away.

You post on message boards about teenage boys playing football. It’s so rapey that I hope you don’t educate us on your football knowledge. 

Al Bundy

Sun, Oct 21, 2018 8:43 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

You post on message boards about teenage boys playing football. It’s so rapey that I hope you don’t educate us on your football knowledge. 

You have more posts about teenage boys playing college and high school football than I do. 

It's interesting how you to try to change the topic when you were proven wrong. 

BR1986FB

Mon, Oct 22, 2018 7:59 AM
posted by Heretic

Ugly ass game, but that's what happens when your line is physically incapable of run-blocking. No team with hopes of being a champion should have their QB throw the ball 70+ times in a game, but when you get 2 yards a carry and your big play backs can't even make the line of scrimmage before getting contact, that's gonna happen.

What makes me laugh is why do they even bother trying to run RPO's? Haskins is no threat to run. They're not fooling anyone.

BoatShoes

Mon, Oct 22, 2018 1:25 PM
posted by BR1986FB

What makes me laugh is why do they even bother trying to run RPO's? Haskins is no threat to run. They're not fooling anyone.

Say this outloud to myself every game. It is clear they aren't even reading it on the zone read action. This has killed our running game. 

Automatik

Mon, Oct 22, 2018 2:07 PM

This is on Urban. Losing Bosa sucked, but you can't look THAT bad after losing one player.

Why are they getting worse as the year goes on? 2nd year in a row they get blown the fuck out by a team they had no business losing to. That's on Urban. Oline was absolute trash.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Oct 22, 2018 2:29 PM
posted by Automatik

This is on Urban. Losing Bosa sucked, but you can't look THAT bad after losing one player.

Why are they getting worse as the year goes on? 2nd year in a row they get blown the fuck out by a team they had no business losing to. That's on Urban. Oline was absolute trash.

To add to that, I looked back at the stats from the TCU game (Day's last game as head coach and, really, the only game he coached against a team considered better than bottom of the barrel). Dobbins ran for 121 and Weber added 60-some. They haven't had remotely that level of success recently, with it being so bad Saturday that Haskins was throwing the ball so many times it seemed like a Hawai'i game or something. If you're going from a good-to-great rush game to a horrible one and haven't had mass injuries to your offensive line, that's all on the scheme. And if, for two straight years, you get absolutely skull-fucked partway into the conference schedule against an average team on the road, the problems go beyond the scheme and also are part of the team's mindset and mentality.

After being played closely by teams like Indiana and Minnesota at home for extended parts of those games, you'd expect a team with their talent to realize they can't coast to a win against a better team on the road and for their play to reflect that. Instead, they looked even more inept and this time, didn't even flip a switch to start playing good when they needed to. And that starts at the top. Simple truth is that they started out sluggish again and when they got in an adverse situation, they completely crumbled to put themselves in a position where they need to win out and do so with style points in order to have a shot at talking playoffs. Not impossible and they did win out after the Iowa loss last year, but after three straight uninspiring performances, it's hard for me to have that much confidence.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Oct 22, 2018 9:29 PM

Tough game to watch for sure. But man did Purdue play well. You’ve got to take your hat off to those guys. And it wasn’t like there was just one guy in their team who was killing it. There were a bunch. 

If the Buckeyes were going to lose though, I’ll take this one gladly just because of that Purdue student with cancer that was featured. What an inspiring kid. He probably doesn’t have much time left, so it was awesome he got to see this. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 11:39 AM

I want to see Tate today. And not in mop up time. He adds a wrinkle that can really disrupt a defense. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 12:15 PM

Ohio State's first-drive defense as porous as it's been in recent games. Not really what I was hoping to see after having a bye week to get shit worked on.

SportsAndLady

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 12:20 PM

I just don’t understand how the defense is so bad. Greg schiano has done an awful, awful job. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 12:22 PM

Can’t move Nebraska off the ball. Could be a loooooong day. 

SportsAndLady

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 12:24 PM

3rd and 1, let’s run backwards with parris Campbell. Smh

SportsAndLady

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 12:29 PM

Whoa, special teams welcome to the ‘18 season 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 12:30 PM

Stupid ass new-fangled punt formations. 3 guys back to block 6. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 12:36 PM

Speaking of bad defense, that was a fun play! No one remotely near Dixon!

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 12:36 PM

Might have been the most wide open I’ve ever seen an OSU WR run. 

SportsAndLady

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 12:48 PM

We might score 80. But might give up 50 lol

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 12:51 PM

Speaking of wide ass open. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 12:57 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

We might score 80. But might give up 50 lol

We've successfully transformed into a Big 12 team! All O, no D; first to 60 wins!