OSU Football 2018

Home Forums Sports

FatHobbit

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 8:22 PM
posted by Heretic

As for Ohio State, it's easy to see why they're where they're at. Their best wins came against a PSU team that dropped its next game and then just got housed by Michigan and against a TCU team that completely fell apart after OSU beat them. After that, a few wins against nobodies with some of those wins being far closer than they had any right to be and a blowout loss against a mediocre team.

I think those big wins aren't really that impressive anymore. Both of those teams are now mediocre at best. 

FatHobbit

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 8:24 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

losing @ Purdue with Blough at QB is not a bad loss. You’d think we lost to a low level Mac team the way the national media talks about that loss. It’s crazy. 

Purdue was 3-3 at the time and OSU was ranked number 2. It was a big loss, but Purdue is now better than their .500 record indicated. 

slingshot4ever

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 8:33 PM
posted by FatHobbit

Purdue was 3-3 at the time and OSU was ranked number 2. It was a big loss, but Purdue is now better than their .500 record indicated. 

And what is a OSUs second best win beyond PSU?  Our resume blows. We have played next to nobody as of today.

SportsAndLady

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 8:53 PM
posted by FatHobbit

I think those big wins aren't really that impressive anymore. Both of those teams are now mediocre at best. 

You’re literally just repeating what heretic said. 

superman

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 10:32 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

And what is a OSUs second best win beyond PSU?  Our resume blows. We have played next to nobody as of today.

Stop saying we. Everyone here knows you're not a Buckeye, just a troll.

FatHobbit

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 6:08 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

You’re literally just repeating what heretic said. 

I was attempting to agree with him, although it may not have been clear. At the time I thought those were huge wins. Now it looks like we barely beat mediocre teams. (As others have already pointed out) 

vball10set

paying it forward

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 9:46 AM
posted by slingshot4ever

posted by superman

thank you

slingshot4ever

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 11:45 AM
posted by superman

OSU alum....so I will say we....im just not an OSU homer

slingshot4ever

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 11:46 AM

Im still waiting to hear what our second best win is....

slingshot4ever

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 11:47 AM

If everyone wants to use the argument that LSU should be below us because they have two losses then you all might as well put UCF at 4....

vball10set

paying it forward

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 11:58 AM
posted by slingshot4ever

OSU alum....so I will say we....im just not an OSU homer

posted by slingshot4ever

Im still waiting to hear what our second best win is....

posted by slingshot4ever

If everyone wants to use the argument that LSU should be below us because they have two losses then you all might as well put UCF at 4....

SportsAndLady

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 12:08 PM

Again, this isn’t about osu you dumbass. It’s about LSU and the SEC getting favorable rankings to boost up their resumes. I mean hell, they’re giving Georgia another ranked win by adding auburn to the top 25 this week. That’s a fucking joke

slingshot4ever

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 3:24 PM

So who do you think should be ranked ahead of LSU that is currently behind them?  I asked that and no one really had anything to say.  As I said, I could see an argument for WVU, but that is about it.  The back end of the Top 25 is a disaster - agreed.  It is clear to me that not only are they trying to favor the SEC, but also the ACC.  

I made an assumption that it must be partially about OSU since we are in the OSU thread vs. the general College Football thread.....

SportsAndLady

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 3:44 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

So who do you think should be ranked ahead of LSU that is currently behind them?  I asked that and no one really had anything to say.  As I said, I could see an argument for WVU, but that is about it.  The back end of the Top 25 is a disaster - agreed.  It is clear to me that not only are they trying to favor the SEC, but also the ACC.  

I made an assumption that it must be partially about OSU since we are in the OSU thread vs. the general College Football thread.....

You made an assumption this is about OSU even though I posted THREE times that this wasn’t my intention? Okay...

give me WVU and WSU over LSU. I’d even put OSU ahead of them, but we don’t have to go there. 

LSU is not good, and they shouldn’t be ranked this high with two bad losses this early in the season. They have talent on defense, but a terrible head coach and ZERO quality offensive players. 

slingshot4ever

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 11:27 PM

LSU beat #5 Georgia by 20 and #16 MSU by 16 with losses to #1 and #15.

WSU has no wins over teams currently in the Top 25.  Only decent opponent they have left is #25 UW.

OSU beat #20 PSU by 1 and lost to an unranked team by 29.  3-4 bowl teams in front of them to boost resume.

OSU wins out they jump them IMO, but based on resume as they stand today, the rankings in the top 10 seem pretty fair - again, maybe off a spot in either direction, but nothing egregious.

SportsAndLady

Fri, Nov 9, 2018 12:27 AM
posted by slingshot4ever

LSU beat #5 Georgia by 20 and #16 MSU by 16 with losses to #1 and #15.

WSU has no wins over teams currently in the Top 25.  Only decent opponent they have left is #25 UW.

OSU beat #20 PSU by 1 and lost to an unranked team by 29.  3-4 bowl teams in front of them to boost resume.

OSU wins out they jump them IMO, but based on resume as they stand today, the rankings in the top 10 seem pretty fair - again, maybe off a spot in either direction, but nothing egregious.

You’re completely ignoring the fact that LSU has TWO LOSSES. You can play the comparison game all you’d like but it needs to be typed in bold letters in the beginning and end of your argument that LSU has two losses, 3/4 of the way through the season. 

Not only that, but in one of those wins they got EMBARRASED at home. Something the commiteee has dropped other teams before because they hate when teams get blown out at home. 

1 loss + 1 quality win trumps 2 losses + 2 quality wins. Any day of the week. I feel like since this dumbass committee has started, everyone loses touch of the fact that it’s almost more impressive to say you lost to a good team versus you didn’t lose. LSU has more losses than 3 teams they’re ahead of and NO ONE wants to point out how much BS that is. Sure they have one extra better win, but are we going to just ignore they have one extra loss? That’s kind of a big deal, no?

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Nov 9, 2018 7:37 AM

Not sure why this is surprising. Losses have never seemed to matter. PSU almost made it with 2 losses, Undefeated FSU was a 3-seed behind two 1-loss teams. Every year you have undefeated major conference teams ranked behind 1-loss teams and 2-loss teams ahead of 1-loss teams. Always seems to be about who you’ve beaten and how you look doing so. 

SportsAndLady

Fri, Nov 9, 2018 8:25 AM
posted by Laley23

Not sure why this is surprising. Losses have never seemed to matter. PSU almost made it with 2 losses, Undefeated FSU was a 3-seed behind two 1-loss teams. Every year you have undefeated major conference teams ranked behind 1-loss teams and 2-loss teams ahead of 1-loss teams. Always seems to be about who you’ve beaten and how you look doing so. 

What about LSU last Saturday made the committee just drop them a few spots?

i don’t care if you’re playing the ‘85 Bears, the committee will drop you like a bad habit if you lose 29-0 at home. But they didn’t do that to LSU. 

wkfan

Fri, Nov 9, 2018 9:11 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

i don’t care if you’re playing the ‘85 Bears, the committee will drop you like a bad habit if you lose 29-0 at home. But they didn’t do that to LSU. 

Buuuuuuuuuuuuut.........SEC

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Nov 9, 2018 9:59 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Probably because they made Tua look human lol.

SportsAndLady

Fri, Nov 9, 2018 10:05 AM
posted by Laley23

Probably because they made Tua look human lol.

3 TD's, 300 passing, 50 rushing.

If anything they solidified him as the Heisman.

vball10set

paying it forward

Fri, Nov 9, 2018 12:14 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I don't know what the record is for the greatest margin of victory in Heisman voting, but Tua's going to shatter it.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Nov 9, 2018 2:45 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Never said they made him look bad lol. But it’s was the first performance where he made mistakes and didn’t sit 20+ minutes of the game because he accrued those same numbers in the 1st Quarter 

SportsAndLady

Fri, Nov 9, 2018 3:11 PM
posted by Laley23

Never said they made him look bad lol. But it’s was the first performance where he made mistakes and didn’t sit 20+ minutes of the game because he accrued those same numbers in the 1st Quarter 

So they got blown out at home by 30, but because the oppositions QB played the whole game, they should be ranked above other teams with less losses? That commiteee sure is doing a great job!