2021 Olympics Thread

Home Forums Sports

Al Bundy

Wed, Jul 28, 2021 6:36 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Not doubting this, but out of curiosity, how'd you find this out?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/much-us-olympian-simone-biles-210021591.html

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Jul 28, 2021 7:15 PM
posted by Al Bundy

https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/much-us-olympian-simone-biles-210021591.html

Thanks for the link. 

Al Bundy

Wed, Jul 28, 2021 7:42 PM
posted by gut

Comparatively speaking, no.  Michael Phelps is worth $80M.  Heck, McKayla Maroney is worth $3M.

She's still marketable, obviously, and in some respects maybe even more so.  But I think she choked away some BIG paychecks.

Unless they do something stupid, they are all set for life.

superman

Wed, Jul 28, 2021 9:17 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Not doubting this, but out of curiosity, how'd you find this out?

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=simone+biles+net+worth

friendfromlowry

Wed, Jul 28, 2021 10:14 PM

I mean Laurie Hernandez and her dad are still in the Trulicity commercials and she’s not even competing anymore. 

It’d be interesting if they’d bring Simone back for future Olympics for gymnastics commentary. I bet they still would.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Jul 28, 2021 10:21 PM
posted by superman

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=simone+biles+net+worth

Moving home plate? Heightening the net?

friendfromlowry

Wed, Jul 28, 2021 10:25 PM

Anyone watch a weird amount of the same thing? I think I saw every one of the America women’s 3x3 basketball games.

bigorangebuck22

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 9:28 AM
posted by Ironman92

Softball lost gold….seems like same team from 3 Olympics ago

Softball going downhill in the US…despite the insane travel ball numbers

Monica Abbott and Cat Osterman were the only holdovers from 2008. 

The NCAA's juiced ball and the lack of a large viable pro league aren't doing the U.S. any favors.

QuakerOats

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 11:21 AM
posted by gut

Comparatively speaking, no.  Michael Phelps is worth $80M.  Heck, McKayla Maroney is worth $3M.

When does she get to stop getting frisbees off of roofs? 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 9:52 AM

Never forget what was taken from us...

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 9:53 AM

I watched a USA vs Japan women's rugby sevens match last night. The game was like 20 minutes and it was over.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 9:59 AM
posted by justincredible

I watched a USA vs Japan women's rugby sevens match last night. The game was like 20 minutes and it was over.

7s is the best. 7v7 and two 7' halves lol. So much more entertaining than regular rugby because of the space allowing the athleticis, to shine.

friendfromlowry

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 10:10 AM

Yeah I was initially surprised how short the rugby matches were but they also all looked exhausted by the end of it. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 10:16 AM
posted by justincredible

Never forget what was taken from us.

Fletch

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 12:05 PM

Mens 10k this morning was great, US Grant fisher misses gold by 3 seconds.  

Fletch

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 12:09 PM

In the meantime, currently rooting against the womens soccer team.  Tied 2-2 with the Netherlands

friendfromlowry

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 12:25 PM
posted by Fletch

In the meantime, currently rooting against the womens soccer team.  Tied 2-2 with the Netherlands

It’s a replay, they already won. Sorry, I know that hurts. You can root against your country again on Monday.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 1:05 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

It’s a replay, they already won. Sorry, I know that hurts. You can root against your country again on Monday.

REAL patriots root against their country because *checks notes* members of the team have differing political views and aren't shy about expressing them!!!

QuakerOats

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 2:09 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Seems more like he was rooting against those who are rooting against our country. 

Hope this helps. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 2:36 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Seems more like he was rooting against those who are rooting against our country. 

Hope this helps. 

I'm sure everyone in Tokyo not from the US is still focused on the US political positions of the US athletes.  I think that's all the universe thinks about.  

gut

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 3:14 PM
posted by Heretic

REAL patriots root against their country because *checks notes* members of the team have differing political views and aren't shy about expressing them!!!

Fans often turn on players who shit all over their team.  Usually said players do not continue to play for team.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Jul 31, 2021 11:00 AM

Men’s trampoline….nice

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Jul 31, 2021 11:34 AM
posted by Ironman92

Men’s trampoline….nice

I prefer the Man Show trampoline.

And now girls jumping on trampolines!

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Jul 31, 2021 11:47 AM
posted by justincredible

I prefer the Man Show trampoline.

And now girls jumping on trampolines!

Good times…solid show

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Aug 1, 2021 6:02 PM

Djokovic quite the sore loser. Lost bronze medal match and threw fits, broke racquets and then withdrew from double competition keeping his partner from medaling.