2021 Olympics Thread

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Jul 2, 2021 3:14 PM
posted by Gardens35

She accused her coach of Bogarting.

Not sure I even know what that means. Doesn’t it have to do with not sharing something?

geeblock

Fri, Jul 2, 2021 3:27 PM
posted by Spock

interesting take.  You never know when Nike is involved

She would have got more than a 30 day ban if it was PED

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Jul 2, 2021 3:49 PM
posted by geeblock

She would have got more than a 30 day ban if it was PED

I see now that they actually came out and said it was thc today. In that case, what a stupid thing to tested for since it obviously has no performance enhancing qualities. I know this was the IOC and not US rules (some dummies have already tried to cry racism at the US), but all US sports should stop testing for weed. Also, still funny that you can have a dick and compete in women’s olympics but can’t smoke a little weed while still being in tip too shape. 

gut

Fri, Jul 2, 2021 4:00 PM
posted by iclfan2

all US sports should stop testing for weed.

I mean, it really is that simple, isn't it?  You don't have to create an exemption from Schedule 1, you don't even have to take a position you just stop testing.

But I see it's the IOC, so that seems even more backwards.  I was hoping if it was the USOC they might reverse course.

Although, if we are to believe many athletes and Woody Harrelson types, if it's a pain reliever or anti-inflammatory then it might legitimately be considered a PED.  Certainly at least as much of a PED as cortizone cream.

gut

Fri, Jul 2, 2021 4:02 PM
posted by iclfan2

you can have a dick and compete in women’s olympics

If all men think with their penis, then for a man to believe he's actually a woman his dick must identify as a vagina.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Jul 2, 2021 4:04 PM
posted by gut
If all men think with their penis, then for a man to believe he's actually a woman his dick must identify as a vagina.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Jul 2, 2021 9:58 PM
posted by gut

Although, if we are to believe many athletes and Woody Harrelson types, if it's a pain reliever or anti-inflammatory then it might legitimately be considered a PED.  Certainly at least as much of a PED as cortizone cream.

But it’s not like they test for Advil. 

geeblock

Fri, Jul 2, 2021 10:56 PM

I’ve never lost a parent but I could see making a mistake after losing one. Much respect for her taking responsibility, she’s not whining about it. She understands what she did 

geeblock

Fri, Jul 2, 2021 11:09 PM

Also Larry Johnson calling her transgender was cringeworthy, he’s a very weird dude 

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Jul 2, 2021 11:13 PM
posted by geeblock

Also Larry Johnson calling her transgender was cringeworthy, he’s a very weird dude 

5’1 dude

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Jul 2, 2021 11:13 PM
posted by geeblock

5’1 dude

gut

Fri, Jul 2, 2021 11:30 PM
posted by geeblock

I’ve never lost a parent but I could see making a mistake after losing one. Much respect for her taking responsibility, she’s not whining about it. She understands what she did 

I thought her response was very mature and responsible.  Not sure how many of us could have said "I knew the rules" instead of "the rules are bullshit".

On the positive side, it sounds like there might be a chance for her to run the 4x100.  More than a consolation prize, but still....

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Jul 2, 2021 11:32 PM
posted by gut

I thought her response was very mature and responsible.  Not sure how many of us could have said "I knew the rules" instead of "the rules are bullshit".

On the positive side, it sounds like there might be a chance for her to run the 4x100.  More than a consolation prize, but still....

Get her and Gabby Thomas on that team….opposite ends of the spectrum and both can scoot

friendfromlowry

Fri, Jul 2, 2021 11:35 PM

AOC is crying racism about it. So there’s that.

gut

Fri, Jul 2, 2021 11:44 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

AOC is crying racism about it. So there’s that.

Yeah, surprised it took the Left's resident Communista that long to chime in.

She's every bit as embarrassing as Trump.  But no hope of her getting voted out, apparently.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Jul 3, 2021 1:24 PM

sportchampps

Sun, Jul 4, 2021 3:47 PM

Where was the outrage when the white snowboarder missed the Olympics over weed

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Jul 4, 2021 6:07 PM
posted by sportchampps

Snowboarding isn’t the high end Olympic event and winter isn’t as high profile as summer to most 

Where are the people that say hey…..every athlete knows the rules and not following will result in punishment, and it may not be very timely.

People should follow the rules and if rules are stupid, fight for what’s fair but probably should adhere to the rules otherwise. I’m glad she’s not the one pushing.

Fletch

Sun, Jul 4, 2021 9:20 PM
posted by Ironman92

Snowboarding isn’t the high end Olympic event and winter isn’t as high profile as summer to most 

Where are the people that say hey…..every athlete knows the rules and not following will result in punishment, and it may not be very timely.

People should follow the rules and if rules are stupid, fight fir what’s fair but probably should adhere to the rules otherwise. I’m glad she’s not the one pushing.

Well with that logic, our HS kids that get caught should be let go since it’s not high profule

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Jul 4, 2021 10:13 PM
posted by Fletch

Well with that logic, our HS kids that get caught should be let go since it’s not high profule

Yes if you don’t read the last 2/3 of my post.

Rules are rules and need to be adhered to…..some may be stupid and you can fight to maybe get them changed or adjusted, but until then you need to follow the rules.

It sucks we and the Olympic world are missing out on arguably the most “must watch” athlete at the games. She’s taking full responsibility and the weed rule is dumb and I’ve never even smoked a cigarette but just because everyone wants to see her doesn’t mean she should allowed to run. Today’s society is just that way…do t take ownership and accept your punishment and model how to correctly handle a mistake…..but let’s have everyone tell why it’s dumb on social media and ignore the known rules in hand.

friendfromlowry

Sun, Jul 4, 2021 10:15 PM
posted by Fletch

He didn’t say they shouldn’t be punished. He said the outrage isn’t comparable because no one cares about the Winter Olympics and snowboarding as much. Didn’t seem like that hard of a point to understand. 

friendfromlowry

Fri, Jul 23, 2021 10:26 AM

I just noticed 3x3 basketball is a sport in the Olympics. So they have the 5x5 and 3x3? Why? 

geeblock

Fri, Jul 23, 2021 10:51 AM
posted by sportchampps

Who and when was this? I did google but only saw where someone was stripped over their medal a few years ago. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Jul 23, 2021 11:02 AM
posted by geeblock

Who and when was this? I did google but only saw where someone was stripped over their medal a few years ago. 

If it's the Ross R. dude from Canada, he also was given his medal back less than 2 days after it was taken away, so all in all, that might be the single worst comparison that could possibly have been made.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Jul 23, 2021 11:14 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

I just noticed 3x3 basketball is a sport in the Olympics. So they have the 5x5 and 3x3? Why? 

I dont know "why"...but the 3x3 is half-court. Then again, I gave up trying to figure out Olympic sports. Like, there is multiple shooting ones, etc.