2021 Olympics Thread

Home Forums Sports

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Aug 6, 2021 9:38 AM
posted by sportchampps

Water Polo is impressive as hell. They are out there drowning each other and swimming forever.

Friend from my dorm at Indiana played water polo. He was a fucking fish. We were at South Padre for spring break and he was just out treading water for about 2 hours past the drop-off/sand-bar and didn't drift more than 50 yards.

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Aug 6, 2021 7:30 PM

Molly Seidel bronze medal in the marathon! Watched the last 6 miles đź‘Źđź‘Źđź‘Ź

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Aug 6, 2021 9:45 PM

Felix bronze

Beautiful đź‘Źđź‘Źđź‘Ź

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Aug 6, 2021 11:03 PM

The men’s and women’s 4x1 races were fun. Italy rising up!

I still love Gabby. Hopefully she subs at my school this year….that would be cool.

Rhythmic Gymnasics……awful, terrible, wth

friendfromlowry

Sat, Aug 7, 2021 12:09 AM

Is this Chris Webber commentating the gold medal game? He tries to provide so much analysis on a play that by the time he finishes two more things have already occurred. He rushes his speech to try to keep up.

gut

Sat, Aug 7, 2021 12:15 AM

I thought as much as France kept hanging around and cutting the lead again that the US would lose this.  But every time France got close US went on a run. 

Great effort by France, though.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Aug 7, 2021 12:21 AM

Wasn’t easy but got it done

friendfromlowry

Sat, Aug 7, 2021 12:25 AM

Fuck off Gobert. That’s for shutting down the NBA!

friendfromlowry

Sat, Aug 7, 2021 12:31 AM

Basketball gold medalist Javale McGee

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Aug 7, 2021 12:55 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Is this Chris Webber commentating the gold medal game? He tries to provide so much analysis on a play that by the time he finishes two more things have already occurred. He rushes his speech to try to keep up.

Vince Carter. Webber is contracted by Turner, this is Carter’s first broadcast and he was excellent all tournament. I think he gets scooped up by Turner or espn quickly.

gut

Sat, Aug 7, 2021 2:14 AM

This men's beach volleyball match is just awesome.

Sorry, but way more athletic and entertaining than women's. Actually the difference is pretty comparable to men's vs. women's basketball.

friendfromlowry

Sat, Aug 7, 2021 6:31 AM
posted by Laley23

Vince Carter. Webber is contracted by Turner, this is Carter’s first broadcast and he was excellent all tournament. I think he gets scooped up by Turner or espn quickly.

I saw him and Maria Taylor earlier in the telecast, didn’t realize he was on commentary as well. It sounded a lot like Webber to me. 

jmog

Sat, Aug 7, 2021 12:44 PM
posted by gut

Speed climbing.  W....T....F.....These guys move like monkey-spiders.

I actually watched the women’s competition the other day and was intrigued. It was definitely interesting.  

Far better than “speed walking” which is one of the dumbest things I have watched  in the Olympics