2021-22 NBA

Home Forums Sports

friendfromlowry

Tue, Apr 5, 2022 10:07 PM
posted by Laley23

They are playing with a G-League roster, atm. 

What does that make the Orlando Magic who they just lost to? Besides perhaps the worst team in the league. 

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Apr 5, 2022 10:14 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

What does that make the Orlando Magic who they just lost to? Besides perhaps the worst team in the league. 

Tonight was really bad effort. I’m just saying the Cavs have been playing with like 3.5 legit NBA players for awhile now. 

friendfromlowry

Wed, Apr 6, 2022 10:08 PM

I liked the celebration coverage game between NY and Brooklyn tonight. Back during lockout when nothing was going on, I enjoyed watching the games from the 60s/70s that the NBA offered, especially watching Wilt. My “time travel” bucket list would be going back to watch him in person. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Apr 11, 2022 6:51 AM

I can’t say it enough, but the play in games are so fucking stupid.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Apr 12, 2022 5:13 PM

What’s with all the guys wearing glasses with no lenses?

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Apr 12, 2022 5:47 PM

I think I am clearly in the minority in liking the Play-Ins. 

friendfromlowry

Tue, Apr 12, 2022 5:57 PM

I try not to get rustled jimmies about something that hasn’t happened and probably won’t. But it still seems crazy the Spurs and their 14 games under .500 record are two wins away from bumping the Clippers or TWolves from the 8 seed. 

friendfromlowry

Tue, Apr 12, 2022 7:35 PM

7 more quarters til the Cavs are put out of their misery.

friendfromlowry

Fri, Apr 15, 2022 10:14 PM

7 more quarters til the Cavs are put out of their misery.

Update: Cavs are put out of their misery. 

BR1986FB

Fri, Apr 15, 2022 10:46 PM

Damn shame. Injuries took them from being a 3 seed to not even in. Experience would've been nice.

friendfromlowry

Sat, Apr 16, 2022 1:25 AM

Gonna give this a try, we'll see how it goes. Just going off top of my head.

Heat over Hawks in 6 (this series might actually be really close; both talented, deep, experienced teams. Trae probably best player in the matchup and also biggest douche)
Celtics over Nets in 7 (Simmons returns somewhere in games 4-6 so they say, who cares. Nets will need a lot of help from players not named Durant/Kyrie)
76ers over Raptors in 6 (Embiid too much to handle, maybe Harden finally wakes up)
Milwaukee over Chicago in 5 (Giannis tells Chicago to fuck off)

Suns over Pelicans in 4 (Imagine how much more fun this series would be if Zion wasn't fucking fat)
Grizzlies over TWolves in 6 (really pumped for this series.)
Warriors over Nuggets in 7 (Jokic is MVP, but without Porter and Murray he's no match for Warriors)
Jazz over Mavs in 5 (Cant get excited for this series without Luka, he's missing game 1 and maybe 2)

friendfromlowry

Sat, Apr 16, 2022 1:29 AM

Also how disappointing for Los Angeles teams this season. Lakers are stuck in no man's land with nowhere to go. The Clippers will be better next season just by getting back a healthy Kawhi and PG. But through three years they have 1) lost in the conference semifinals, 2) lost in conference finals, 3) missed playoffs. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Apr 16, 2022 10:19 AM

Also how disappointing for Los Angeles teams this season. Lakers are stuck in no man's land with nowhere to go. The Clippers will be better next season just by getting back a healthy Kawhi and PG. But through three years they have 1) lost in the conference semifinals, 2) lost in conference finals, 3) missed playoffs. 

Kawhi hasn’t played more than 60 games in a season since 2016-17

friendfromlowry

Sat, Apr 16, 2022 3:44 PM
posted by Ironman92

Kawhi hasn’t played more than 60 games in a season since 2016-17

You haven’t played more than 60 games in a season since 2016-17

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Apr 16, 2022 7:23 PM

You haven’t played more than 60 games in a season since 2016-17

It’s a decent stat

superman

Sun, Apr 17, 2022 6:11 PM

Fuck the Celtics. 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Mon, Apr 18, 2022 10:52 AM

Thoroughly enjoyed the Memphis/Minnesota game.

friendfromlowry

Tue, Apr 19, 2022 2:33 AM

Nuggets imploding so far. Jokic looks sick of his two best teammates being hurt.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Apr 19, 2022 7:06 AM
posted by Laley23

I think I am clearly in the minority in liking the Play-Ins. 

Yup, gfy.

friendfromlowry

Wed, Apr 20, 2022 12:29 AM

New Orleans, who is sneaky good for an 8 seed, pulls off the most surprising playoff win so far. If Booker is going to miss any amount of time, this series could be concerning for Phoenix. 

friendfromlowry

Thu, Apr 21, 2022 10:04 PM

(Continues talking to myself)

Minnesota with incredible chokejob. Ugly, ugly 4th quarter effort. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Apr 22, 2022 6:26 AM

(Continues talking to myself)

Minnesota with incredible chokejob. Ugly, ugly 4th quarter effort. 

Keep it up….I’ve not followed the games at all but do click on here to see if anything good happened 

friendfromlowry

Fri, Apr 22, 2022 6:58 AM
posted by Ironman92

Keep it up….I’ve not followed the games at all but do click on here to see if anything good happened 

Minnesota blew a 20+ point lead…twice, in the same game. They had a 99% chance to win at multiple points in the 4th quarter. 

Memphis is such a scary team from top to bottom. They scored 104 points but only 22 came from Morant/JJJ. 

Otherwise, Denver on brink of elimination, already down 3-0. Outside of Jokic they weren’t very good and Golden State really is. I think they could meet up with Memphis next round and that will be a hell of a series if so. 

Utah down 2-1 to Dallas who hasn’t had Doncic with that calf injury. He’s probably back for game 4 Saturday and Utah could be facing another disappointing playoff early exit.

Game of the night tonight is New Orleans/Phoenix which is tied up 1-1. Booker is expected to miss the rest of this series which is really frightening for Phoenix because the Pelicans are sneaky good as an 8-seed. They, like Memphis, get great production from their 3-8 players. 

I’ll give my breakdown of the east side tonight. Big game 3 between Milwaukee and Chicago who are tied at 1-1.

superman

Fri, Apr 22, 2022 8:32 AM

Minnesota blew a 20+ point lead…twice, in the same game. They had a 99% chance to win at multiple points in the 4th quarter. 

Memphis is such a scary team from top to bottom. They scored 104 points but only 22 came from Morant/JJJ. 

Otherwise, Denver on brink of elimination, already down 3-0. Outside of Jokic they weren’t very good and Golden State really is. I think they could meet up with Memphis next round and that will be a hell of a series if so. 

Utah down 2-1 to Dallas who hasn’t had Doncic with that calf injury. He’s probably back for game 4 Saturday and Utah could be facing another disappointing playoff early exit.

Game of the night tonight is New Orleans/Phoenix which is tied up 1-1. Booker is expected to miss the rest of this series which is really frightening for Phoenix because the Pelicans are sneaky good as an 8-seed. They, like Memphis, get great production from their 3-8 players. 

I’ll give my breakdown of the east side tonight. Big game 3 between Milwaukee and Chicago who are tied at 1-1.

Like I-92 I get on here to read about the games. Thanks for the breakdown. 

sportchampps

Fri, Apr 22, 2022 9:10 AM

I usually don’t watch until the finals but I find myself watching more games this year and staying tuned in longer then just checking the score. Some of these young dudes are exciting and playing really hard.