2021-22 NBA

Home Forums Sports

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Oct 3, 2022 7:23 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

What'd he do now?

Said not taking the vaccine "cost (him) $100 million".

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Oct 3, 2022 7:31 PM
posted by Al Bundy

I find this shocking, but LeBron's school is one of the worst in the state.

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/news/education/2022/10/02/i-promise-school-akron-public-enrollment-lottery-changes-lebron-james-family-foundation/69522977007/

Based on the profile of student the school takes, this is not surprising.  The school is specifically for kids who are 2 years behind academically by the time they reach third grade and also have some diagnosed learning disability.  On top of that, they're from horrible home situations.

friendfromlowry

Wed, Oct 5, 2022 12:20 AM

Getting to watch some of Wembanyama live tonight. God damn he’s a freak. And he’s 7-10 from three.

Utah and Indiana going to be playing a lot of bad basketball to have a shot at him in the draft. 

friendfromlowry

Wed, Oct 5, 2022 12:26 AM

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Oct 5, 2022 11:49 AM

Yeah, he is fucking 7'5 with a better shot than Durant at his age. Better handles than most wings. More fluid on drives and in the post than LeBron (which ok, LBJ isnt fluid, but you get the point). They have him bring the ball up the floor and initiate offense. Goddamn!

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Thu, Oct 6, 2022 7:48 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Said not taking the vaccine "cost (him) $100 million".

Is he wrong?  I got the vaccine, but I'm 0% for any type of mandate to get one, in any industry. Yes, he knew the consequences, and HE is the one who made the choice.  But that choice DID cost him.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Oct 6, 2022 8:33 AM

$17M does not come close to $100M. 

friendfromlowry

Thu, Oct 6, 2022 8:53 AM

Not getting the vaccine was a bad career move. In addition to being a goofy, unreliable jackass. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Oct 6, 2022 11:16 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Is he wrong?  I got the vaccine, but I'm 0% for any type of mandate to get one, in any industry. Yes, he knew the consequences, and HE is the one who made the choice.  But that choice DID cost him.

I'm not arguing that it cost him financially.  What was so "Kyrie" about it was the $100 million figure.  He either doesn't understand his current compensation sources or he greatly overestimates his status.  Or both.  

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Thu, Oct 6, 2022 12:29 PM

Understood

friendfromlowry

Thu, Oct 6, 2022 10:58 PM

Pulled trigger on Houston Rockets at Pacers game in March. Eight rows off the court. Houston could be okay but Indiana will suck. Kind of going for the experience of being so close to the court. Haven’t been to an NBA game since 2015 in Charlotte, oddly enough. 

friendfromlowry

Wed, Oct 12, 2022 11:13 AM

Draymond lays out teammate at practice, voluntarily steps away to let heat die down (which is going to amount to about four days) and fined undisclosed amount which probably equates to fining one of us ten dollars. Oh and no suspension, because the Warriors don’t want to play the Lakers, Clippers, etc without him. Gotta love the Warriors. 

And none of this happens if the tape isn’t leaked, which Kerr seemed more pissed about. 

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Oct 12, 2022 11:41 AM

It was an "argument" until that tape came out. LOL

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Thu, Oct 13, 2022 10:37 AM

Any details ever come out in regards to what the argument was about?

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Oct 13, 2022 11:13 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Any details ever come out in regards to what the argument was about?

He was giving Draymond shit about a lot of stuff and saying he gets his women because he has all those triple single games lol….a lot of locker room banter that obviously went too far and they will just forever be in a pissing match I’d guess.

Automatik

Thu, Oct 13, 2022 11:56 AM

Watched the Redeem Team doc last night. Really enjoyed it.

Kobe was a savage. I remember the '04 failure well. Carlos Arroyo!