2021-22 NBA

Home Forums Sports

superman

Sun, May 1, 2022 6:34 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Think the refs ejected Draymond so they wouldn’t have to deal with him the rest of the game. Don’t blame them. 

I didn't see the election but I'm sure that piece of shit deserved it.  

Ja's final shot was not a great attempt. You have create contract there.  

friendfromlowry

Sun, May 1, 2022 6:48 PM

Brutal loss for Memphis. Home game, entire second half without Draymond, subpar shooting from Klay and Steph. 

friendfromlowry

Wed, May 4, 2022 12:30 AM

Boston and Memphis win tonight. Arguably must have games for them, especially Memphis who is at home. Don’t want to be down two games heading to Golden State. 

Ja Morant was incredible tonight. 47 points and unstoppable down the stretch. 

friendfromlowry

Thu, May 5, 2022 12:31 AM

Kind of losing interest. The Heat - 76ers series couldn’t be less interesting without Embiid. Harden looks washed up. Of the four games played between Celtics - Bucks and Suns - Mavs, three have been decided by double digits. 

Warriors and Grizzlies has been a lot of fun. That’s about it. 

sportchampps

Thu, May 5, 2022 5:33 PM

Kind of losing interest. The Heat - 76ers series couldn’t be less interesting without Embiid. Harden looks washed up. Of the four games played between Celtics - Bucks and Suns - Mavs, three have been decided by double digits. 

Warriors and Grizzlies has been a lot of fun. That’s about it. 

This round has definitely been less exciting so far. Warriors Grizz and Celts bucks could still be good series’s. 

Conference Finals are likely going to be a fun watch. At this point I’m for anyone but the 76ers or Warriors. 

Otherwise we get to see the Bucks start of a possible dynasty, Celtics break through, Jimmy Butler lead a team to a ship. Ja take his place among the best. CP3 get his title, Luka take his place among the best. I’m for any of those stories.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, May 5, 2022 5:50 PM

I think I hate KD so much, that even as a Cavs fan, I would be OK with the Warriors winning haha.

friendfromlowry

Sat, May 7, 2022 7:23 PM

Didn’t watch the games Friday night so can comment on them. I’m not sure if Dallas can keep up with Phoenix. Philly on the other hand if they can win Sunday night then it’s tied up best of 3 and they’ll have Embiid. 

Todays Bucks - Celtics game was great. Milwaukee avoided a disaster. I kind of had the feeling that if they lost that game then they would have lost the series. But instead they’re up 2-1 with game four back there Monday.

friendfromlowry

Sun, May 8, 2022 8:57 AM

This Memphis - Golden State series is turning really petty and annoying. Every game has had some drama. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, May 8, 2022 10:39 AM
posted by Laley23

I think I hate KD so much, that even as a Cavs fan, I would be OK with the Warriors winning haha.

No and neg’d.

superman

Sun, May 8, 2022 4:01 PM

This Memphis - Golden State series is turning really petty and annoying. Every game has had some drama. 

I hate that it feels like they are playing with two sets of rules.  The Warriors get away with so much garbage.

friendfromlowry

Sun, May 8, 2022 4:59 PM
posted by superman

I hate that it feels like they are playing with two sets of rules.  The Warriors get away with so much garbage.

Every time I watch the Warriors I remind myself to go and look up what a legal screen is because I swear when Draymond sets one he basically hugs the defender trying to get past him. 

Seems like a lot of the games have gotten unnecessarily chippy and it feels like more of a waste of time than entertaining. Even today’s game, Booker gets a technical for barely touching Kleber’s(?) face on a follow through. Luka gets a tech for complaining which is par for the course. He’s a big of a baby as anyone. 

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, May 8, 2022 9:43 PM

Luca complains too much, but I’d have been heated after that Crowder push also.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, May 8, 2022 10:22 PM

Every time I watch the Warriors I remind myself to go and look up what a legal screen is because I swear when Draymond sets one he basically hugs the defender trying to get past him. 

Seems like a lot of the games have gotten unnecessarily chippy and it feels like more of a waste of time than entertaining. Even today’s game, Booker gets a technical for barely touching Kleber’s(?) face on a follow through. Luka gets a tech for complaining which is par for the course. He’s a big of a baby as anyone. 

To me they always have gotten away with everything defensively in the lane and under the bucket….,no way are they cleanly getting all of those balls away turning easy baskets into turnovers.

friendfromlowry

Tue, May 10, 2022 4:22 AM

Dillon Brooks having quite the series for Memphis:

Game 1: 8 points on 3-13 shooting

Game 2: Flagrant 2 foul on Gary Payton Jr. three minutes into the game, ejected.

Game 3: Suspended for said foul

Game 4: 12 points on 5-19 shooting. 

superman

Tue, May 10, 2022 10:30 AM

Dillon Brooks having quite the series for Memphis:

Game 1: 8 points on 3-13 shooting

Game 2: Flagrant 2 foul on Gary Payton Jr. three minutes into the game, ejected.

Game 3: Suspended for said foul

Game 4: 12 points on 5-19 shooting. 

That suspension was bullshit.  

friendfromlowry

Tue, May 10, 2022 11:52 PM
posted by superman

That suspension was bullshit.  

I’m not good at looking at a foul and determining if it was dirty or not, or deserved a suspension. Idk if Poole yanking on Ja’s knee was dirty.

Anyway, Miami won tonight and Phoenix is about to win. You can probably pencil those two into the conference finals and definitely can Golden State. Verdict is still out on Boston and Milwaukee. We’ll see tomorrow. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, May 11, 2022 10:21 PM

Boston shit themselves…at home

friendfromlowry

Wed, May 11, 2022 10:34 PM

Holiday made Marcus Smart his bitch the final couple possessions. Boston probably lost the series tonight. 

friendfromlowry

Wed, May 11, 2022 10:46 PM

Golden State down 27 at half so that’s fun. 

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, May 11, 2022 11:19 PM

3 series going to 6 games with 17/18(??) games being pretty boring/blowouts. Thank goodness for Milwaukee/Boston. 

friendfromlowry

Thu, May 12, 2022 9:24 PM

This game was a very bad look for Harden, especially as he stands to make $47/million next season. Good for him and Westbrook for being some of the highest paid players despite looking like shells of their former selves. 

friendfromlowry

Thu, May 12, 2022 11:42 PM

The Mavs -Suns series is bizarre. Headed for a game seven but no game has been decided by less than seven points. The Mavs have actually lost two games by 20 and 30 points. They just alternate games where the home team wins usually by an uninteresting margin. It’d be nice if game 7 was close but at this rate Phoenix will win by 25. 

friendfromlowry

Sat, May 14, 2022 3:00 AM

So, ticket #2 to the conference finals, much to the displeasure of this board, was punched tonight by Golden State. The potential of that series felt overshadowed by flagrant fouls, injuries, and just overall dumb chippiness. Gary Payton II played basically just the first game, Morant went out late in game three, Brooks missed almost all of games 2 and 3 from his flagrant foul. 

Tatum rescues Boston's title chances tonight with a 46 point effort and looked unstoppable in the 4th quarter. They'll go back to Boston for game seven on Sunday along with Dallas - Phoenix also in game seven that night. 

It seems like we're set up for Boston - Miami and Phoenix - Golden State. Not really surprising, they had four of the top five records in the standings this season. I don't really have a rooting interest in any of those teams. I'd much rather see Milwaukee or Dallas but winning a game seven on the road will be really difficult. If it happens, it's because Doncic or Giannis put on a hell of a performance. 

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, May 14, 2022 3:30 PM

Tatum hasn’t been consistent, so banking on another 40-piece seems like a stretch. Giannis gets 40 as he walks on the floor. I like Milwaukee, as long as Jrue keeps Brown in check.

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, May 14, 2022 3:31 PM

Also want to see Doncic prove his status with an all timer. Doesn’t even have to win, but take it to the wire.