2021-22 NBA

Home Forums Sports

BR1986FB

Thu, Dec 2, 2021 6:19 AM

Cavs impressive. Beating some really good teams.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Dec 2, 2021 8:49 AM

Miami was extremely short-handed, but back to back blowouts on the road is still something. Allen, Mobley and Okoro trio has to rank towards the top of league in defensive metrics. Overall, Cavs have to be top-3, they are suffocating. And have plenty of offense the other way still. They are legit good.

friendfromlowry

Thu, Dec 2, 2021 10:22 AM
posted by Laley23

Miami was extremely short-handed, but back to back blowouts on the road is still something. Allen, Mobley and Okoro trio has to rank towards the top of league in defensive metrics. Overall, Cavs have to be top-3, they are suffocating. And have plenty of offense the other way still. They are legit good.

I knew Bam was out, didn’t realize Butler as well. And I also didn’t know Morris was still missing time from that Jokic hit. Damn.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Dec 2, 2021 1:32 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I knew Bam was out, didn’t realize Butler as well. And I also didn’t know Morris was still missing time from that Jokic hit. Damn.

I also looked this AM and Cavs are 2nd in the league in defensive rating. And 4 of the Games Mobley missed, they were bad (granted it was GSW, BKNx2 and PHX). So when he is healthy, they may be #1. 

Okoro/Mobley/Allen trio on the court together has a DEF RTG of 84.7!!! And that was before last night...

friendfromlowry

Thu, Dec 2, 2021 10:51 PM

OKC lost by 73.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 2, 2021 11:06 PM

OKC lost by 73.

Robinson-Earl played 24 min and was -56 lol

Aldama played 28 min and was +52

cat_lover

Sat, Dec 4, 2021 6:23 PM

4 in a row for The Cleveland Cavaliers!!

BR1986FB

Tue, Dec 7, 2021 8:14 AM
posted by cat_lover

4 in a row for The Cleveland Cavaliers!!

And now 2 in a row (losses) for the Cavs. They are very competitive though.

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Dec 7, 2021 9:39 AM
posted by BR1986FB

And now 2 in a row (losses) for the Cavs. They are very competitive though.

Yeah, they are not to the point where they are going into Milwaukee vs rested Giannis on the beck-end of a back-to-back with travel. But pulling within one alone shows how far they have come.

I thought they could've, and maybe should've, won the Utah game after the 15-0 run late.

They are a very good team, though. So I hope they can pull out some of these games vs the top-4 in each conference soon (next Wednesday vs the Bulls).

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Dec 7, 2021 2:51 PM

Pacers making guys available. I would be very interested in Justin Holiday and/or Jeremy Lamb.

friendfromlowry

Sat, Dec 11, 2021 5:51 PM

Zion Williamson situation is such a disappointing clusterfuck.

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Dec 11, 2021 7:07 PM

Zion Williamson situation is such a disappointing clusterfuck.

Unfortunately it was predictable. I wish guys like that had more drive, but in a sense, if you’ve gotten that big by end of HS, you probably just aren’t super motivated long term.

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Dec 11, 2021 10:34 PM

Cavs are a Giannis injury away from potentially winning the division. 

friendfromlowry

Sat, Dec 11, 2021 10:58 PM
posted by Laley23

Cavs are a Giannis injury away from potentially winning the division. 

You watch it. I like the Cavs but Giannis is high on my list of all time favorite players to watch. 

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Dec 11, 2021 11:30 PM

You watch it. I like the Cavs but Giannis is high on my list of all time favorite players to watch. 

Love Giannis. Not hoping for that at all. Just stating he is, imo, the only thing keeping me from thinking the Cavs are best in that division. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Dec 12, 2021 3:13 AM

It's pretty funny how many people don't realize what the Cavs are currently doing.

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Dec 12, 2021 11:03 PM
posted by like_that

It's pretty funny how many people don't realize what the Cavs are currently doing.

I’ve made more money betting the alternate lines the last 2 weeks than I ever could've hoped. And I’ll probably go -11.5 tomorrow. By almost every metric, they are the best team in the East. And I don’t think it’s crazy to actually believe that.

BR1986FB

Tue, Dec 14, 2021 7:45 AM

Cavs just keep on winning, beating Miami last night. Nice to see a somewhat rejuvenated K-Love with 23 points.

friendfromlowry

Tue, Dec 14, 2021 7:45 PM

Curry breaks the record. Pretty cool scene at MSG. 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Wed, Dec 15, 2021 9:56 AM

What was the record?  I pay zero attention. 

friendfromlowry

Wed, Dec 15, 2021 10:08 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

What was the record?  I pay zero attention. 

Passed Ray Allen for all time in made three pointers. And he did it 511 fewer games. I hated Curry when they played the Cavs in the finals. He was really aggravating to root against. But I like watching him more now that those days are over. 

BR1986FB

Wed, Dec 15, 2021 10:19 AM

Can't stand Curry but that's a record I can't see ever being broken. He's still got a lot of hoops left in him and that record will continue to grow.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Dec 15, 2021 10:48 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Can't stand Curry but that's a record I can't see ever being broken. He's still got a lot of hoops left in him and that record will continue to grow.

It will be broken. I honestly am surprised so many people think this is unbreakable.

kizer permanente

Wed, Dec 15, 2021 10:50 AM
posted by BR1986FB

unless you see the NBA going back to feeding centers and only shooting 5 3's a game... someone will break it. 

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Dec 15, 2021 10:51 AM

Like just look at when Reggie retired. He was double ahead of Allen in 2nd. Yeah, no one playing now will pass Curry. But a guy will come into the league and make 6 threes a game for extended years. Just look at the trends. Dame, Harden, Durant, etc are all gonna pats Reggie before they retire…and he was SOOOO far ahead of his time based in this chart.