2021-22 NBA

Home Forums Sports

kizer permanente

Tue, Feb 22, 2022 1:21 PM
posted by BR1986FB

What am I missing here? 

He was always passive aggressive when he was here in Cleveland. 

He held the franchise hostage by not committing on whether he was staying or going. Often demanding or, again, passive aggressively "suggesting" player additions.

He's a hypocrite in that he talks about the NBA's "slave owner" mentality while most of his Nike products are made in China, where some of the worst human rights abuses occur. 

And if you haven't seen his previous actions and don't get the "racist" part, that's on you. It's pretty obvious he's not a fan of the Caucasian group as a whole.

I don't think he's passive aggressive at all.. he's pretty open about what he wants. Cleveland was piss poor management his first run here. Squarely on them.  There's only so much you can do with a roster when you have a Super max contract. Cleveland did a good job the second time and they won a Championship. Goal achieved. You're right about being a hypocrite when it comes to China, but I don't think I know anyone who isn't when it comes to their livelihood?  And he def doesn't hate white people lol. If you're uncomfortable with him calling out injustice, that's not on him. 

kizer permanente

Tue, Feb 22, 2022 1:27 PM
posted by Fletch

They will have to dump talent to meet the cap

kizer permanente

Tue, Feb 22, 2022 1:53 PM

Or this one’s better

Garland, Lebron, Davis, Mobley, Allen starting 5 😂

BR1986FB

Tue, Feb 22, 2022 2:10 PM
posted by kizer permanente

I don't think he's passive aggressive at all.. he's pretty open about what he wants. Cleveland was piss poor management his first run here. Squarely on them.  There's only so much you can do with a roster when you have a Super max contract. Cleveland did a good job the second time and they won a Championship. Goal achieved. You're right about being a hypocrite when it comes to China, but I don't think I know anyone who isn't when it comes to their livelihood?  And he def doesn't hate white people lol. If you're uncomfortable with him calling out injustice, that's not on him. 

I stopped reading at "I don't think he's passive aggressive at all." Apparently, you're new here. If you look in the dictionary under the definition of "passive aggressive" you'll see his face smiling back at you. We've been talking about this trait within him since his rookie contract.

kizer permanente

Tue, Feb 22, 2022 2:25 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I stopped reading at "I don't think he's passive aggressive at all." Apparently, you're new here. If you look in the dictionary under the definition of "passive aggressive" you'll see his face smiling back at you. We've been talking about this trait within him since his rookie contract.

I dunno  I think you think bc he’s not in press conferences saying trade this guy and bring this guy in that’s he’s not communicating his ideas.  It’s odd that the whole league always knows where he’s going and who hes going to be playing with yet he’s passive aggressive. 

It’s no secret Cleveland blames him for leaving and not Gilbert’s ego and ineptness. That’s not reality though  

friendfromlowry

Tue, Feb 22, 2022 4:15 PM

I dunno  I think you think bc he’s not in press conferences saying trade this guy and bring this guy in that’s he’s not communicating his ideas.  It’s odd that the whole league always knows where he’s going and who hes going to be playing with yet he’s passive aggressive. 

It’s no secret Cleveland blames him for leaving and not Gilbert’s ego and ineptness. That’s not reality though  

Disagree. When he left for Miami, they were still debating that morning where he might go. He still has the rest of this season and next under contract with the Lakers and he’s already floating possibly returning to Cleveland (for a third time lol)

But I agree with like_that. He’s a headcase but I’d still take him on my team for the right price. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Feb 22, 2022 4:25 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Disagree. When he left for Miami, they were still debating that morning where he might go. He still has the rest of this season and next under contract with the Lakers and he’s already floating possibly returning to Cleveland (for a third time lol)

But I agree with like_that. He’s a headcase but I’d still take him on my team for the right price. 

Yeah, I thought there was something called "The Decision" where he had this dog & pony show on national TV to announce where he was "taking his talents." I think a lot of Cavs fans thought he was returning to Cleveland when the asshole delivered that gut punch. I don't think the "whole league new where he was going" that night.

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Feb 22, 2022 5:12 PM

The decision is about the only time. He would never come out and throw guys under the bus, but he makes his roster dislikes known to the organization.

He is definitely not innocent in the rosters that have been constructed, but the organizations always know what needs to be done. Cleveland did an excellent job the second time around, they build a dynasty that could’ve easily gone 4 straight if not for the better dynasty being built. 

I don’t think he leaves if Kyrie wasn’t such a nut job. I love him for the shot, but if we are talking divas, that guy couldn’t get out of here fast enough. 

kizer permanente

Tue, Feb 22, 2022 5:45 PM

I think the only reason The Decision was the way it was as far as hush hush was bc he legit knew how hard cavs fans were gonna take it. When he came back to Cleveland everyone knew it was happening.  when he went to LA everyone knew it was happening. He’d still be in Cleveland if Kyrie wasn’t such a fuck head. The cavs were set up for multiple runs, and smooth brain ruined it all. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Feb 23, 2022 6:56 AM

A lot of revisionist history on all of his decisions.

Also, in what world do you (Kizer) live in, where Lebron isn’t passive aggressive?

BR1986FB

Wed, Feb 23, 2022 8:16 AM
posted by like_that

Also, in what world do you (Kizer) live in, where Lebron isn’t passive aggressive?

You mean a lot of excuse making to shine a turd.

kizer permanente

Wed, Feb 23, 2022 8:48 AM
posted by like_that

I mean.. what do you want him to do if you think what he's doing is passive aggressive? What is he doing that other players arent? 

BR1986FB

Wed, Feb 23, 2022 8:50 AM

What is he doing that other players arent? 

Interesting that you say that because he's kind of the one who started it all. Other players have followed his lead. Seems like NBA players have more power than athletes in other sports.

kizer permanente

Wed, Feb 23, 2022 9:12 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Interesting that you say that because he's kind of the one who started it all. Other players have followed his lead. Seems like NBA players have more power than athletes in other sports.

I dunno about that. People were being "problems" and forcing trades to go where they wanted for years. Lebron is just the highest profile. I will say he perfected it with contracts to be almost totally in his control. He made it so teams arrange their teams to be in a position to get him, 

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Feb 23, 2022 9:49 AM
posted by BR1986FB

No he didn’t. Jordan and Pippen both. KG did the biggest one where he forced a trade in private and now acts like he didn’t form the first Big-3 of this era. Kobe may be the biggest “WTF why?” of them all. Shaq had the best PG in the league and still forced his way to LA. LeBron is far from the first. 

His contracts being 1 and 1 kill franchises from building and force all-ins. But that has only been the case since he left Miami. Cavs had 7 years to build competence around him, and he wasn’t this strong voice until like year 5-6 in Cleveland. So let’s not act like the Cavs didn’t totally fuck over 7 years of LeBron James. Like, the dude had 4 titles in 17 years in the league. And only 1 of them in Cleveland, despite 11/17 seasons being there. That’s…….nearly impossible to accomplish as a franchise.  

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Feb 23, 2022 1:57 PM

All of this doesn’t change the fact that Lebron is passive aggressive.  I don’t know how you can follow the guy his whole career and come to the conclusion that he isn’t passive agressive.

BR1986FB

Wed, Feb 23, 2022 3:00 PM
posted by like_that

All of this doesn’t change the fact that Lebron is passive aggressive.  I don’t know how you can follow the guy his whole career and come to the conclusion that he isn’t passive agressive.

Shit, I didn't see the All-Star game but the Yahoo article that interviewed him referred to him as passive aggressive and this was less than 3 days ago.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Feb 23, 2022 3:01 PM
posted by like_that

Yeah, I think he definitely does little things on social media, or like this past weekend with the Cleveland talk, or when I. Thomas had been traded and he hit the game winner and deliberately turned his back on him during celebration lol, etc. 

I am more skeptical about his communication within the organizations and the running of the teams. I think he has say, voices his wants, etc. But the teams are well aware of his wishes. For the most part, every one of his teammates loves him even after they get left in the dust/traded. Like, I think he is 100% using the Cleveland talk as a way to get the Lakers to make some moves and get shit done this off-season. But, I also 100% believe the Lakers already know that and LeBron has told them they gotta get better.

His team building/input can be questioned and that can be put on him. But I dont think that changes the fact he communicates within the organization.

kizer permanente

Thu, Feb 24, 2022 9:07 AM
posted by like_that

Sure... and so is nearly every celebrity or everyone in the spotlight then? It kinda comes with the territory? I'm not sure why you're thinking this is unique to LeBron. Literally any famous person with social media who also has vested interests acts this way?  

friendfromlowry

Thu, Feb 24, 2022 9:49 AM

Sure... and so is nearly every celebrity or everyone in the spotlight then? It kinda comes with the territory? I'm not sure why you're thinking this is unique to LeBron. Literally any famous person with social media who also has vested interests acts this way?  

Sure? Who cares. Idk why you’re so intent on denying this about him. If it’s the worst thing about him then he’s doing fine in the long run. We all said we’d take him on the Cavs, but he’s kind of a diva sometimes. It’s not really a secret anymore. 

kizer permanente

Thu, Feb 24, 2022 11:09 AM

Sure? Who cares. Idk why you’re so intent on denying this about him. If it’s the worst thing about him then he’s doing fine in the long run. We all said we’d take him on the Cavs, but he’s kind of a diva sometimes. It’s not really a secret anymore. 

I just think to pin it on him like some character flaw is kinda stupid is all, when it’s the nature of the business for people like him. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Feb 28, 2022 8:59 AM

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Feb 28, 2022 10:02 PM

Garland needs to be healthy. Cavs have a legit shot to win the central with the Bulls March schedule. But this back issue is killing them.

BR1986FB

Thu, Mar 3, 2022 8:37 AM
posted by Laley23

Garland needs to be healthy. Cavs have a legit shot to win the central with the Bulls March schedule. But this back issue is killing them.

Cavs need to get their business in order or they might just bumble their way out of the playoffs.