Sat, Feb 19, 2022 11:11 PM
posted by Ironman92

Bronny 6’1?

6’3 with a shot.

friendfromlowry

Sun, Feb 20, 2022 12:19 AM
posted by Ironman92

That was EASILY, the worst NBA dunk contest ever

Buy or sell: the three point contest is the only part of all star weekend (besides the game Sunday) worth a shit. 

I watched the skills challenge. Seems like most didn’t know the rules. Reggie Miller is yelling at all of them how to save time.

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Feb 20, 2022 12:50 AM

I like the Skills Comp. 3pt always brings drama. Dunk contest you need, but should be second. I agree with Reggie and Wade — end with the 3pt.

I also like the Rising Stars game. 

Obi’s second dunk was awesome…if it hadn’t been a layup. And it was about the only dunk worth mentioning all night.

friendfromlowry

Sun, Feb 20, 2022 1:04 AM

Reddit was bitching about the “celebrities” in the game but I don’t think there’s a huge desire to play. The high jumper was entertaining, and waiting for Garrett to destroy the rim. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Feb 20, 2022 11:11 PM

Love the 4th quarter

Curry in the 3rd was just head shaking unb

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Feb 20, 2022 11:35 PM

Five takeaways from the weekend.

1. LeBron coming back
  2. Steph is unfathomably good at shooting a basketball
  3. Dunk contest and 3pt need to swap places on Saturday
  4. The skills competition has gotten better each year. It’s better than dunk at this point
  5. Elam Ending rules 

BR1986FB

Mon, Feb 21, 2022 9:36 AM
posted by Laley23

He’s a Junior, and probably not good enough for the league out of high school. But he is a consensus top-40 player, so definitely has a shot. He will get it, because of LeBron. Will be interesting to see if he makes it.

Yeah, I thought this was a foregone conclusion that he was a lock to make the league. As you said, he "has a shot." Also as you said, I think he'll likely get in because of LBJ and the story it will bring, not so much because he's that great.

Fletch

Mon, Feb 21, 2022 9:52 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Yeah, I thought this was a foregone conclusion that he was a lock to make the league. As you said, he "has a shot." Also as you said, I think he'll likely get in because of LBJ and the story it will bring, not so much because he's that great.

Yea he is getting drafted by the Lakers, put in the G league and will be activated and play with daddy in some games.  Once LJ retires he will be cut the next day.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Feb 21, 2022 9:57 AM
posted by Fletch

Yea he is getting drafted by the Lakers, put in the G league and will be activated and play with daddy in some games.  Once LJ retires he will be cut the next day.

Maybe true...but Cavs.

BR1986FB

Mon, Feb 21, 2022 10:01 AM
posted by Laley23

Maybe true...but Cavs.

God, I hope not.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Feb 21, 2022 11:48 AM
posted by BR1986FB

God, I hope not.

Don’t like titles?

BR1986FB

Mon, Feb 21, 2022 1:10 PM
posted by Laley23

Don’t like titles?

Don't like hypocrite, racist assholes who passive aggressively hold their franchise hostage. Cavs have a good thing going. No need to rock the boat with "Mr I Run the Franchise."

Fletch

Mon, Feb 21, 2022 1:26 PM

So Cleveland will trade their whole roster for LJ in a few years and then draft his son so they can win maybe 20 games?

friendfromlowry

Mon, Feb 21, 2022 1:29 PM

He’ll be a free agent in 2023 when his son can enter the league. No one has to trade anything for him.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Feb 21, 2022 3:38 PM

If Cavs wanted him next year, they’d depart with Love. Or Lauri and Sexton. Or Lauri and some throw ins. Garland, Mobley, and Allen would still be around. They would be the prohibitive favorites. I like winning, so let’s go.

Same reason I look past the assholes on the Browns. Don’t have to like them as people, but you’re going to win with him.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Feb 21, 2022 6:08 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Don't like hypocrite, racist assholes who passive aggressively hold their franchise hostage. Cavs have a good thing going. No need to rock the boat with "Mr I Run the Franchise."

Worse than Annie ^^^

kizer permanente

Mon, Feb 21, 2022 6:35 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Lol what? 

I know you’re pretty knowledgeable about about football, but I don’t think basketball is quite your lane 

Fletch

Mon, Feb 21, 2022 6:42 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

He’ll be a free agent in 2023 when his son can enter the league. No one has to trade anything for him.

They will have to dump talent to meet the cap

BR1986FB

Mon, Feb 21, 2022 8:19 PM
posted by kizer permanente

Lol what? 

I know you’re pretty knowledgeable about about football, but I don’t think basketball is quite your lane 

What am I missing here? 

He was always passive aggressive when he was here in Cleveland. 

He held the franchise hostage by not committing on whether he was staying or going. Often demanding or, again, passive aggressively "suggesting" player additions.

He's a hypocrite in that he talks about the NBA's "slave owner" mentality while most of his Nike products are made in China, where some of the worst human rights abuses occur. 

And if you haven't seen his previous actions and don't get the "racist" part, that's on you. It's pretty obvious he's not a fan of the Caucasian group as a whole.

friendfromlowry

Mon, Feb 21, 2022 9:26 PM

I'm not going to touch the race/China stuff, but BR has a point with the other issues. Lebron gets titles where he goes although that's not a certainty if he were to come back next year. But he just leaves this path of destruction wherever he goes. The franchise was miserable both times after he left. And I'm fine if I never have to hear how Klutch isn't happy with something within my team ever again.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Feb 21, 2022 10:17 PM

Of course it’s no guarantee they win with him. 

But look at it this way, you probably have tops a 10% chance with the current group. Add LeBron, it probably skyrockets to above 50%.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Feb 21, 2022 10:17 PM
posted by Fletch

They will have to dump talent to meet the cap

No they won’t. Unless you count Lauri Markennan as talent.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Feb 22, 2022 12:03 PM

Being a fan of a Lebron led team is exhausting, but that title was worth it.  I would still do it all over again for that title (and many more if GSW didn't get lucky with KD). BR is not wrong about all the points he made, including some problematic racist tweets and Lebron's hypocrisy on China.   Just because he brought a title and many great years to Cleveland, does not mean you have to jock sniff 24/7.  

With that being said, my views echoes Laley's thoughts.  I will take anyone that would bring a title to Cleveland.  Everyone else in all leagues take all kinds of problematic players (not saying Lebron is at the level of other athletes), so why should Cleveland be the boy scout city? I wouldn't move that many pieces for him at this point, but if it's a friendly deal I would do it, or just let him come in FA in a couple years.  I could envision him being in a Tim Duncan role ON THE COURT in the late stages of his career, but I don't think he has the personality to take on that role. 

Edit: Also, I would definitely not sign Lebron to a max deal.  It would have to be team friendly.