2020 NFL Thread...

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 4, 2020 3:47 PM

Joe is looking very good. A dropped TD that the LB intercepted with his back to Burrow. Horrid play by TE...two other dropped passes a 5th header catches.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 4, 2020 9:00 PM

Holy Shit Aiyuk....play of the week

friendfromlowry

Sun, Oct 4, 2020 11:31 PM

Weekly Sunday night thoughts. Not easy to do with two games tomorrow still and Steelers and Titans both off today. 

Good: Seattle and Buffalo continuing to roll. I think Kansas City and Green Bay will join them at 4-0 tomorrow. Browns may have finally figured things out, and the Bengals figured things out for today anyways. AFC North best division? Think it’s between them and NFC West. 

Bad: As I said last week, New York, yikes. Third straight week without a passing TD for Daniel Jones. So now what with Chicago? Foles looked unimpressive. They’re still 3-1 but face Tampa on TNF this week. Texans and Cowboys, lol. I also heard a lot of excitement for the Lions before the season. I’m good on all that right now. 

Misc: Wonder if the Dolphins go to Tua at some point? Not much jumps out to me for next week. Sounds like the Titans - Bills game is in jeopardy if Titans players keep testing positive. Colts defense will get a challenge from the Browns. Actually, sign me up for the TNF Buccaneers - Bears game. 

gut

Sun, Oct 4, 2020 11:54 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Texans and Cowboys, lol.

At least the Texans had a historically brutal start to blame - SB champs, 14-2, and then PIT.

DAL will definitely contend for the playoffs because their division is horrendous.  And I won't write-off HOU because I still think IND and TEN are kind of "meh".

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Oct 5, 2020 12:12 PM

I think the biggest shame is that, somewhere, a perfectly deserving playoff-caliber team will be left out while the winner of the NFC Least gets in. All four teams in that division suck ass.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Oct 5, 2020 5:07 PM

BOB out as Head Coach and GM. No word on if BOB the OC has been retained or let go.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Oct 5, 2020 5:19 PM

Deshaun going to pick his next coach. Maybe he can sway Dabo?

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Oct 5, 2020 5:53 PM
posted by Laley23

BOB out as Head Coach and GM. No word on if BOB the OC has been retained or let go.

BOB's entire tenure there could be summed up in one of two ways:

1. BECAUSE I'M THE DAMN BOSS!!!!!

or

2. Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time!

mhs95_06

Mon, Oct 5, 2020 8:22 PM

Terrible clock and challenge management by NE at the end of the half!

friendfromlowry

Mon, Oct 5, 2020 8:53 PM

JFC Hoyer sucks. 

mhs95_06

Mon, Oct 5, 2020 8:53 PM

Hoyer loses FGs twice for his team by holding ball too lone.  Should be 9-6 instead of 3-6.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 5, 2020 9:16 PM

Pats are getting hosed by the refs.

Devils Advocate

Brudda o da bomber

Mon, Oct 5, 2020 9:25 PM

I disagree,. I hate the Patriots and would have to say they are getting  flat out fucked without the benefit of any lube

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 5, 2020 9:46 PM
posted by Devils Advocate

I disagree,. I hate the Patriots and would have to say they are getting  flat out fucked without the benefit of any lube

Well many sports fans can’t watch a game with an open mind. I think Reds/Bengals fans are the worst.

friendfromlowry

Mon, Oct 5, 2020 10:37 PM
posted by Ironman92

Well many sports fans can’t watch a game with an open mind. I think Reds/Bengals fans are the worst.

Lol you can’t even watch Steelers games anymore because you act like a child during them. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Oct 6, 2020 6:22 AM

Lol you can’t even watch Steelers games anymore because you act like a child during them. 

No I mean they are so consumed with the opponent losing. You don’t act that way but Reds fans are so damned consumed with hating the Cubs/Cards/Pirates....and successful teams of other divisions they can’t even unbiasedly watch the game. Like little league kids. Bengals fans are like that with Steelers/Patriots. Everything is a bad call or lucky etc.

Can I watch a Steelers game and not be irritated or have moments of idiocy? No I can’t, but that’s not what I was saying at all. I can watch the Bengals get hosed at admit it or can understand the Cardinals are a better organization at not just lucky with baseball gods.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Oct 6, 2020 2:02 PM
posted by Devils Advocate

I agree. I loved it. Every bit of it, whether it be bad calls by the refs or Hoyer looking like a dipshit with no clue how to run an offense. Fuck New England.

friendfromlowry

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 9:40 AM

Titans - Bills not looking good for this weekend. The whole thing isn’t looking great really. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 10:04 AM

How many players have tested positive?

friendfromlowry

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 10:11 AM

I don’t think it’s all players, though. Some of it is staff also. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 11:41 AM

Yeah, it's a mix of players and staff. I know that last weekend, it was about 8 and 8, but don't know the proportion now.

Football always was going to be the toughest sport to handle. Most players per team, most players on the field together and all the physical contact. If anything, it's a good thing that only two teams have been hit, with one of them only having a couple players, at least for the moment.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 11:52 AM

Go figure the Browns start the season 3-1, and this season will probably be cancelled. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 2:09 PM

Joe Flacco starting for the Jets on Sunday.

queencitybuckeye

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 2:37 PM

Titans - Bills not looking good for this weekend. The whole thing isn’t looking great really. 

How so?