2020 NFL Thread...

Home Forums Sports

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Jan 3, 2021 12:50 AM

Yeah, it fucked Garrett up. A few other guys too, but lesser known. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Jan 3, 2021 2:00 PM

I'm hoping I'll get to have a celebratory Manhattan tonight when Adam Gase is fired. How many coaches get canned today?

BRF

Sun, Jan 3, 2021 2:23 PM
posted by justincredible

I'm hoping I'll get to have a celebratory Manhattan tonight when Adam Gase is fired. 

Maybe beating the Browns saves him. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Jan 3, 2021 2:26 PM
posted by justincredible

I'm hoping I'll get to have a celebratory Manhattan tonight when Adam Gase is fired. How many coaches get canned today?

3...before Tuesday morning, 5 total 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Jan 3, 2021 2:41 PM
posted by BRF
Maybe beating the Browns saves him. 

Take it back.

BRF

Sun, Jan 3, 2021 3:25 PM
posted by justincredible

Take it back.

Ha ha!

OK, I take it back.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Jan 3, 2021 4:31 PM

AB 11 catches 138 yards 2 TD

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Jan 3, 2021 5:45 PM

Damnit Dallas 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Jan 3, 2021 6:10 PM
posted by wildcats20

Damnit Dallas 

How was that catch not challenged?

Hilarious that the 6-10 Giants make the playoffs if Football Team loses tonight.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Jan 3, 2021 6:12 PM
posted by justincredible

How was that catch not challenged?

Hilarious that the 6-10 Giants make the playoffs if Football Team loses tonight.

McCarthy is an idiot. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Jan 3, 2021 7:53 PM

I’m glad no one team missed the playoffs due to the Texans secondary with 20 seconds left giving up a 55 yard bomb....which is literally the only thing you should be guarding against

That’s basically a 5th grade recess understanding of the game. Dumb as hell

BR1986FB

Sun, Jan 3, 2021 9:24 PM
posted by justincredible

Congrats! He's gone.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Jan 3, 2021 9:35 PM

mhs95_06

Sun, Jan 3, 2021 10:51 PM

Washington back-up QB throws a nice punt!

mhs95_06

Sun, Jan 3, 2021 10:53 PM

But he gets the ball back for another try on a Phil interception, but then fumbles the game away.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Jan 3, 2021 10:53 PM
posted by mhs95_06

Washington back-up QB throws a nice punt!

Then misses a low snap. Giants fans are salty but win more and hush

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Jan 3, 2021 11:35 PM

Lol, good effort, Philly!

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Jan 4, 2021 5:54 AM

I keep seeing that Philly threw the game. What exactly happened?

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Jan 4, 2021 6:15 AM
posted by wildcats20

I keep seeing that Philly threw the game. What exactly happened?

Put in 3rd string guy who had barely hung around the league and 4 or 5 drives had a chance to tie or take lead in the 4th and the journeyman QB just couldn’t do a thing. Was so slow, no arm, lacking on instincts....it was crazy to watch.  A terrible look. Perfect chance for Hurts to show if he could do it or not. Everyone kept thinking Hurts would come back in after 1-2 horribly failed drives (int and mishandled snap/fumble away)...

Kinda had to see it

Al Bundy

Mon, Jan 4, 2021 10:02 AM
posted by Ironman92

Put in 3rd string guy who had barely hung around the league and 4 or 5 drives had a chance to tie or take lead in the 4th and the journeyman QB just couldn’t do a thing. Was so slow, no arm, lacking on instincts....it was crazy to watch.  A terrible look. Perfect chance for Hurts to show if he could do it or not. Everyone kept thinking Hurts would come back in after 1-2 horribly failed drives (int and mishandled snap/fumble away)...

Kinda had to see it

This stuff goes on every year. It's become a big story because a New York team is involved. In 2007, the Colts let the Titans win the last week when the Browns were trying to back in. The Dolphins could have backed in yesterday if the Steelers played all of their guys against the Browns. The bottom line is that a team has no responsibility to help another team back in.

BR1986FB

Mon, Jan 4, 2021 10:15 AM
posted by Al Bundy

This stuff goes on every year. It's become a big story because a New York team is involved. In 2007, the Colts let the Titans win the last week when the Browns were trying to back in. The Dolphins could have backed in yesterday if the Steelers played all of their guys against the Browns. The bottom line is that a team has no responsibility to help another team back in.

Funny part about 2007 is that the Colts almost beat the Titans with Jim Sorgi at QB. Colts started Manning but benched him early. Think it came down to a 4th down throw that Sorgi missed as the Colts were driving for a GW TD.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Jan 4, 2021 10:25 AM

LOL @ the Giants. Don't lose 10 games and this isn't an issue.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Jan 4, 2021 10:48 AM

There is a big difference between resting starters for playoffs (Colts started Manning because of his games started streak), and pulling them in the 4th cause they might win the game. 

Colts were always resting the starters that year to be healthy and fresh for playoffs. Eagles pulled their QB because the team had a shot to win and go from 6th pick to 9th. 

Comparing the two is honestly idiotic. 

Not that Giants can complain. No team can when you rely on someone else’s result. But the blatant tank by the Eagles I’m not sure I’ve ever seen before and it was bad.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Jan 4, 2021 10:48 AM

Yeah, I was pissed in 2007 when the Colts didn't play Manning against the Titans, but I was more pissed that DA choked against a very mediocre Cincinnatti Bengals the week before. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Jan 4, 2021 10:51 AM
posted by Laley23

There is a big difference between resting starters for playoffs (Colts started Manning because of his games started streak), and pulling them in the 4th cause they might win the game. 

Colts were always resting the starters that year to be healthy and fresh for playoffs. Eagles pulled their QB because the team had a shot to win and go from 6th pick to 9th. 

Comparing the two is honestly idiotic. 

Not that Giants can complain. No team can when you rely on someone else’s result. But the blatant tank by the Eagles I’m not sure I’ve ever seen before and it was bad.

Peyton hardly played that game if you are referring to 2007.  It was actually a lot closer than I thought and I forgot that VY got hurt during the game.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=271230011