2020 NFL Thread...

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 6, 2020 9:07 PM

Holy Shit that was a catch and no one knew it until replay....not Hill, ref, defender...anyone. Chiefs replay guy in trouble.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 6, 2020 9:47 PM

Should be leading 10-6 at half but for some reason Denver coach calls for the 57 yd FG almost solidifying a Chiefs FG before half, nearly a TD

Just dumb. Punt it to the 10 and go to half up 10-6

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 6, 2020 11:21 PM

Butker maybe saved that ref an ass ripping....how did they call that delay of game? Supposed to see 0 on clock then see if ball has been snapped...ball was snapped about 1/2 second mark. I’ve never ever seen that called. I’ve seen clear delays been allowed (nearly every game)

friendfromlowry

Mon, Dec 7, 2020 8:57 AM

Finally saw the end of the Raiders - Jets game. Does anyone need to fuck off more than Adam Gase and Gregg Williams? Both those losers should be out of the NFL forever. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Dec 7, 2020 9:05 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Finally saw the end of the Raiders - Jets game. Does anyone need to fuck off more than Adam Gase and Gregg Williams? Both those losers should be out of the NFL forever. 

I'm definitely having a nice drink to celebrate on the day Adam Gase is fired.

gut

Mon, Dec 7, 2020 9:11 PM

PIT has serious offensive challenges.  One of the worst rushing attacks I've seen, in years.  They either can't, or won't, throw the ball downfield.  They have dropped 16 passes in the last two games, and are top-5 in the league on the year for that.

They are predictable and easy to defend.  The book is out.  Either adapt, or another late season collapse from "HOF Mike Tomlin" is on the way.

friendfromlowry

Mon, Dec 7, 2020 9:19 PM
posted by justincredible

I'm definitely having a nice drink to celebrate on the day Adam Gase is fired.

Williams was fired today so have a small drink for now.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Dec 7, 2020 10:34 PM

The negative yardage passes and the difficult 3 yard passes have got to be combined with some downfield shots...no idea why they stopped unless Ben is scared to get hurt. Ben ain’t winning them any games with an offense of nothing but dinks. Losing players on defense...not a top 10 team right now at all.

I wanna just watch them on a Sunday. Tired of these stupid weird times during the work week. My energy for them to be great, terrible or irritating lies in the traditional game times of the past 20 years.

They better figure out...no one is afraid of what they are doing.

gut

Mon, Dec 7, 2020 10:37 PM
posted by Ironman92

They better figure out...no one is afraid of what they are doing.

You want to re-think that "very possible" wildcard scenario?

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Dec 7, 2020 10:48 PM
posted by gut
You want to re-think that "very possible" wildcard scenario?

No I don’t because you even said it’s about a 10% chance....10% is not very likely. I’m not disagreeing with your thought of them being a 13-3 WC team...I’m saying 10% is not “very” anything

Steelers have to lose to the Bengals to be a 13-3 WC

gut

Mon, Dec 7, 2020 10:55 PM
posted by Ironman92

Steelers have to lose to the Bengals to be a 13-3 WC

But they can beat CIN and still be a 12-4 WC.

I didn't really think they'd lose to WAS, but it's now "very possible" they lose to BUF and IND.  When I said 10%, that was before WAS and I was being a homer.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Dec 7, 2020 10:58 PM
posted by gut

But they can beat CIN and still be a 12-4 WC.

I didn't really think they'd lose to WAS, but it's now "very possible" they lose to BUF and IND.  When I said 10%, that was before WAS and I was being a homer.

I just commented on what I read.

Everyone else involved has to do there thing...but none of that 1-2-5 seed stuff matters to me. If they can’t throw it some down the field and run some this is all moo. I don’t care where they fall in the playoffs, I care if they can win and right now they can’t win in the playoffs.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Dec 7, 2020 11:00 PM

In other thoughts...nothing to do with Pittsburgh, there not being much of any crowd has evened the playing fields and home field advantage doesn’t feel important as 8000 fans aren’t bothering the opp or pumping up the home team.

Al Bundy

Tue, Dec 8, 2020 2:07 AM
posted by Ironman92

In other thoughts...nothing to do with Pittsburgh, there not being much of any crowd has evened the playing fields and home field advantage doesn’t feel important as 8000 fans aren’t bothering the opp or pumping up the home team.

I agree with you, and if they do end up going to a bubble, homefield won't matter at all. The #1 seed would still be big because of the bye.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Dec 8, 2020 3:47 AM

It has been pretty clear the entire season, that the Steelers are good, but NOT undefeated good.  I am not shocked by this hiccup. 

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Dec 8, 2020 9:46 AM
posted by like_that

It has been pretty clear the entire season, that the Steelers are good, but NOT undefeated good.  I am not shocked by this hiccup. 

They’ve been trending this way for a few weeks. I’m just stunned the WFT was able to actually capitalize on it. But not shocked at all the Steelers played the way they did.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Dec 8, 2020 9:48 AM
posted by like_that

Sometimes hiccups are hard to stop...

Automatik

Tue, Dec 8, 2020 9:54 AM

I saw that loss coming a mile away after the meh performance against Baltimore. 

Fool's gold IMO. Too many injuries to the D and the running game is nonexistant. That's not going to translate to a deep playoff run.

gut

Tue, Dec 8, 2020 4:43 PM
posted by Automatik

I saw that loss coming a mile away after the meh performance against Baltimore.

I'd say all the schedule changes, and barely practicing in a month, caught up to them. 

But I'm not sure that's an excuse for not being able to run the ball for like 6+ weeks.

sportchampps

Tue, Dec 8, 2020 8:12 PM

Dez having a Twitter melt down

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Dec 8, 2020 8:14 PM

He shouldn’t have ever been on the field warming up. He had an inconclusive test from this morning. And now he says he’s quitting the rest of the season. 

friendfromlowry

Tue, Dec 8, 2020 8:32 PM

gut

Tue, Dec 8, 2020 8:36 PM

They STILL have guys testing positive?  LOL

Maybe Harbaugh really is trying to force a Wk18 so they can slither into the playoffs as the 8 seed.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Dec 8, 2020 8:41 PM

They said he was the only positive test result. Of course, I’m sure there will be some on both teams come tomorrow. He was out there hugging and embracing a ton of Dallas guys, without a mask on. 

gut

Tue, Dec 8, 2020 8:47 PM
posted by wildcats20

They said he was the only positive test result. Of course, I’m sure there will be some on both teams come tomorrow. He was out there hugging and embracing a ton of Dallas guys, without a mask on. 

OK so, yeah, Harbaugh totally is trying to force a Wk18.