2020 NFL Thread...

Home Forums Sports

BR1986FB

Mon, Jan 4, 2021 11:08 AM
posted by like_that

Yeah, I was pissed in 2007 when the Colts didn't play Manning against the Titans, but I was more pissed that Chudzinski having DA throw the ball 40+ times in 30-50 mph winds when Jamal Lewis had run on their defense for 220+ yards in the first meeting and wasn't being stopped in the second meeting choked against a very mediocre Cincinnatti Bengals the week before. 

Fixed

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Jan 4, 2021 11:23 AM

I mean, if we're being honest, the Philly coach had said that he wanted to get Sudfeld in as a reward for being the third-string/practice squad guy for a few years, so that was the plan all along. The part that looks bad is when you yank your young starter (in a game he didn't have good numbers, but had accounted for both touchdowns and had the team in front in the third quarter) in a very close game and replace him with a guy who didn't look like he belonged out there.

I guess, to me, it's just kind of weird/funny when a team plays to win for a good bit of the game and then, even though they're right in it, moves to essentially throw the game by giving playing time to someone whose actual ability doesn't warrant it. Even more so when the QB that gets benched is a rookie who doesn't have a lot of experience and who could probably have benefited from being in those "close games; division rivals; clutch time" situations. If anything, I thought the change was hilarious because you'd think that the concept of your new rookie starter being able to finish the season with a hard-fought win would be a good springboard into the offseason in that "this year stunk, but next year will be better!" sort of way. Playing Sudfeld is good for, uh, I guess him. But no one else.