2020 NFL Thread...

Home Forums Sports

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Dec 1, 2020 5:12 PM

I could just as easily say the game would’ve been postponed if Steelers weren’t making sure it was played behind closed doors. They don’t want Baltimore in as an 8 seed. It sounds just as dumb.

If anything, plying this game and not moving it to week 18 helps Pittsburgh, unless you think playing the backup QB is tougher than Lamar. 

The NFL does not want to add weeks to the season. They’d much rather push the season as a whole.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Dec 2, 2020 6:09 PM

What an ugly game. RGIII is awful 

gut

Wed, Dec 2, 2020 6:18 PM
posted by Laley23

I could just as easily say the game would’ve been postponed

And I could just as easily pretend to be a moron

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Dec 2, 2020 10:21 PM
posted by gut
And I could just as easily pretend to be a moron

So, doing what you’ve been doing? Got it. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Dec 2, 2020 10:33 PM

I’d rather lose the next 3 games  than lose Bud Dupree 

Damnit....big big loss. Less pressure on QB = more completions against the zone and downfield.

Is Tuitt out against Washington?

Offense needs to step it up. This 11-0 team feels like a 13-3 team and a first round playoff loss the way they’ve looked too often of late.

gut

Thu, Dec 3, 2020 12:09 AM
posted by Laley23

So, doing what you’ve been doing? Got it. 

still not a hopelessly delusional Browns fan

gut

Thu, Dec 3, 2020 12:12 AM
posted by Ironman92

I’d rather lose the next 3 games  than lose Bud Dupree

Dupree, along with Watt, was our best chance of beating KC.  But now we get to find out who we should re-sign between Dupree and JuJu.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Dec 3, 2020 4:56 AM

I love that gut just started to contribute to the NFL threads less than a year ago and now he knows more about the NFL than anyone on this site lmao.  You can tell he is not as confident with his takes on this topic as he is with other topics.  That's why he will default to "Ur A bRoWnS FaN LoL."  Non and rock had better takes than Gut.

With that being said, I did find it bullshit the NFL gave the Ravens special treatment.  That's probably because I am biased and prefered for them lose for playoff implications.  On the other hand, it is always hilarious to see Steelers "fans" acting like the NFL is out to screw them.  I guess most Steelers fans have a little "rock" in them. 

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Dec 3, 2020 7:29 AM

Don’t see how being a Browns fan (delusional or not — I’m not) = NFL screwing the Steelers. Take those thoughts back to the looney bin.

If anything, Ravens got screwed, not Pittsburgh. Unless you think in Week 18 the Ravens would be worse than this game with RG3 starting. Since the league isn’t forfeiting games before moving them to Week 18, I fail to see how playing yesterday hurt Pittsburgh more than Baltimore.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Dec 3, 2020 1:12 PM

Uh, duh? They're the team with the wide-spread outbreak due to, at least in part, their own dumbassery. They SHOULD be getting screwed. And should have on the scale that Denver did.

My stance is simply that if a team has cases (like most have, like Cleveland with Garrett and Pittsburgh with Tuitt/Conner), that's life and you just have to deal with it like it was the normal sort of injury teams deal with regularly. If a team can't get shit under control and "cases" turns into a full-on outbreak, that's on them. If they can't play, then actually suffer the consequences. I mean, after Tennessee, the NFL did release a memo stating that failure to comply could lead to loss of draft picks and/or being forced to forfeit. Didn't see a footnote stating: "Unless you're in contention, in which case we'll bend over backwards to ensure you can play, regardless of how many other teams get inconvenienced by us moving the schedule around." 

Fuck, those dumb cunts even got their next game moved to Tuesday, as opposed to Monday when Pittsburgh plays again. Because the party in the wrong apparently deserves a more normal rest period as opposed to the "Sunday-Thursday" bullshit, but with different days of the week. Just another bit of stupidity on top of the general stupidity that comes from an empty-headed suit like Goodell being in position to make decisions. Only unbeaten team in the league loses a prime-time game, gets a fucking middle of the afternoon spot in the middle of the week so all the 80-year-old widows can have their stupid Xmas show at night and then gets a bullshit 5 p.m. Monday game. Makes sense!

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Dec 3, 2020 2:03 PM
posted by Heretic

Fuck, those dumb cunts even got their next game moved to Tuesday, as opposed to Monday when Pittsburgh plays again. Because the party in the wrong apparently deserves a more normal rest period as opposed to the "Sunday-Thursday" bullshit, but with different days of the week. 

I think this is the most egregious part of the whole thing. Why on earth do they get to play on Tuesday, especially when it was their fault.  

sportchampps

Thu, Dec 3, 2020 4:46 PM
posted by Laley23

This is pretty set in stone. You have positives and they are out. But if the rest of the team is negative within X amount of days, game is played. Baltimore keeps having positives, so game is not played. Take of the tinfoil with the NFL is trying to screw my team nonsense lol. You sound crazy. 

This was totally believable and a good explanation until Baltimore kept having postive tests and still played. I don’t think it’s some conspiracy but the NFL definitely just does whatever it wants

Gardens35

Thu, Dec 3, 2020 5:46 PM

Josh Gordan cleared to return to Seahawks week 16. My goodness, that cat has had 5 suspensions.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Dec 3, 2020 6:42 PM
posted by sportchampps

This was totally believable and a good explanation until Baltimore kept having postive tests and still played. I don’t think it’s some conspiracy but the NFL definitely just does whatever it wants

Yeah, I really have nothing to say to that. It was the explanation given and the one cited all season long. They just totally disregarded the last few positives from Tuesday...

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 6, 2020 1:26 PM

S&L must’ve got his Gruden voodoo doll back out

BRF

Sun, Dec 6, 2020 4:15 PM

Just heard what happened to the Jets. 

Oof!

gut

Sun, Dec 6, 2020 4:21 PM
posted by BRF

Just heard what happened to the Jets. 

Oof!

A lot of knockout pools just went "whew!"

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 6, 2020 4:49 PM

Raiders ending looks shady AF

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 6, 2020 5:55 PM

Wow....isn’t realize how the Texans gave that game away.

I picked them (I think) to win and thought they were a candidate to stay hot and run the table and push for a final playoff spot.

They are DONE 100% now...Colts pulled out a tight one fortunately and Ravens are getting into a deeper and deeper hole. If the Cowboys can find a way the Browns can give the Ravens something they’ve wanted to give that franchise since it all began 20+ years ago.

friendfromlowry

Sun, Dec 6, 2020 7:16 PM

Anthony Lynn has to be getting fired at the end of this season. 

gut

Sun, Dec 6, 2020 7:19 PM

And what has happened to SEA and Russell Wilson?

Meanwhile, NO keeps chugging right along without Brees.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Dec 6, 2020 7:22 PM
posted by gut

And what has happened to SEA and Russell Wilson?

Meanwhile, NO keeps chugging right along without Brees.

I loved how the reaction of announcers and studio people to Taysom Hill's first TD pass was to almost-instantly clarify that the throw was so easy, anyone could have done it.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Dec 6, 2020 7:30 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Probably tomorrow. That was beyond embarrassing. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 6, 2020 8:28 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Yeah he’s out. Good dude, maybe a great assistant but has failed as head coach.

friendfromlowry

Sun, Dec 6, 2020 9:07 PM

Lol wtf everything in the NFL is reviewed but Tyreke’s drop right there wasn’t.