Nah

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Sep 28, 2020 9:54 PM

Chiefs were lucky to beat the Chargers

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Sep 30, 2020 2:37 PM

Looks they will be playing on Tuesday, most likely. 

friendfromlowry

Thu, Oct 1, 2020 10:12 AM

Game postponed til later this season. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Oct 1, 2020 10:46 AM

Wonder how they’re gonna do that? They don’t share a bye week. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Oct 1, 2020 11:27 AM
posted by wildcats20

Wonder how they’re gonna do that? They don’t share a bye week. 

I think something with the Ravens game moving back to week 8 (both have a bye) and then moving Titans game to week 7 (Titans bye). Think it's really the only option at this point. Sucks to have your bye this early.

gut

Thu, Oct 1, 2020 11:55 AM
posted by iclfan2

I think something with the Ravens game moving back to week 8 (both have a bye) and then moving Titans game to week 7 (Titans bye). Think it's really the only option at this point. Sucks to have your bye this early.

That's the breaks.  That's why they expanded rosters.  Now if this happens to the Steelers, or some other team after their bye, then what?

I'm afraid this is looking like there is a very, very low bar to shut the season down.  Based on this, a couple teams get just a few positive tests and the season could be over.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Oct 1, 2020 11:57 AM
posted by gut

That's the breaks.  That's why they expanded rosters.  Now if this happens to the Steelers, or some other team after their bye, then what?

I'm afraid this is looking like there is a very, very low bar to shut the season down.  Based on this, a couple teams get just a few positive tests and the season could be over.

As a Jets fan I'm not so sure this is a bad thing.

Just End The Season

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Oct 1, 2020 11:58 AM
posted by iclfan2

That's what I read, too.

I mean, from my perspective, the only REAL choice is to tell Tennessee that because they're a bunch of pussies, they need to forfeit and the Steelers are now 4-0, but apparently some people don't see it that way!

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Oct 1, 2020 12:05 PM
posted by Heretic

That's what I read, too.

I mean, from my perspective, the only REAL choice is to tell Tennessee that because they're a bunch of pussies, they need to forfeit and the Steelers are now 4-0, but apparently some people don't see it that way!

I think the Titans should have to play with the players they have, assuming everyone tests negative the rest of the week. What happens with the people who tested positive when they have to play next week?

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Oct 1, 2020 12:06 PM
posted by justincredible

As a Jets fan I'm not so sure this is a bad thing.

Just End The Season

For the draft order they will average out the records of every team for the last 10 seasons. 

gut

Thu, Oct 1, 2020 12:12 PM
posted by iclfan2

I think the Titans should have to play with the players they have, assuming everyone tests negative the rest of the week. What happens with the people who tested positive when they have to play next week?

The NFL seems to be completely ignoring the fact that a negative test hours before a game (which they have the capability to do) means virtually 0% chance of spread.

But unless the NFL changed their policy, they were only testing players 3X per week, despite the availability of the less invasive rapid test they used in the NBA.

There should have been different protocols, including much more testing, for teams that had a positive test.  But doesn't look that way.  Part of the reason for the cancellation is they completely shut TEN down, so no chance to even install a gameplan much less practice it.

A lot of people have always thought Goodell was an incompetent boob who lucked into being in the right place at the right time.  This is pretty much proving that.

friendfromlowry

Thu, Oct 1, 2020 1:04 PM

Wish we could get to a point where having a positive test doesn’t mean “omg better shut everything down!” Would any of these guys even known they were “sick” if not for the testing?

friendfromlowry

Thu, Oct 1, 2020 11:04 PM

I’ve seen people reluctant to judge Darnold until Gase is gone. But I think he’s gonna suck either way. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Oct 3, 2020 11:14 AM

Cam Newton tests positive. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Oct 3, 2020 11:18 AM

Schefty saying the Pats were supposed to leave at 1 for KC, but that is now on hold. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Oct 3, 2020 12:05 PM

Pats/Chiefs postponed to Monday or Tuesday based on positive tests on both teams. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sat, Oct 3, 2020 12:05 PM

Postponed until Monday or Tuesday (hopefully, that was the original plan for Steelers-Titans).

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Oct 3, 2020 6:55 PM

Geesh

sportchampps

Sat, Oct 3, 2020 11:46 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I’ve seen people reluctant to judge Darnold until Gase is gone. But I think he’s gonna suck either way. 

I tend to agree but did you think the same about Tannehill

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 4, 2020 12:12 PM

Watching ESPN NFL Countdown and they interviewed Bruce Arians and they had him go through his working with all of his star QB’s (Manning, Roethlisberger, Luck, Palmer, Brady).....he said Ben I’d the only one he let fall his own plays?

I found that odd. Manning, Luck and Brady didn’t fall own plays?

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 4, 2020 2:39 PM

With lack of scrimmages and preseason I think it’s very difficult to know which teams are quite good and which teams are particularly bad. Yeah the Jets suck and Chiefs are very good  but i feel there are about 25 teams we don’t know what they are.