Wed, Oct 14, 2020 11:14 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

You boys ready to not watch the pro bowl 

Ready as ever

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Oct 15, 2020 9:28 AM
posted by gut

Sits out a tag year and foregoes like $14.5M.  Turns down $70M from PIT, and ultimately signs for less with NYJ.

$27M and sent packing....not sure if we'll see him sign a vet min deal anywhere.  He may walk away.  I'm not even sure if he's any better than a back-up to the back-up, at this point.

$28M for 18 games. Not bad.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Oct 15, 2020 9:29 AM

Automatik

Thu, Oct 15, 2020 6:51 PM

Bell to KC.

I've kept him on the pine in FF....time to unleash!

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Oct 15, 2020 7:21 PM

I don’t understand why the Chiefs did that, he seems washed. But maybe that was just the Jets being THAT bad. And I was wrong, I guess, on McCoy being done. 

Still think the downside of this outweighs the positive of simply adding another weapon to that offense.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Oct 15, 2020 8:33 PM

Jets are definitely THAT bad.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 18, 2020 6:04 PM

Packers getting waxed....so far

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Oct 18, 2020 6:12 PM

Pat McAfee said on his show that he had an inside source tell him the Jets are 100% tanking for Trevor Lawrence. If I were him I'd demand a trade. This franchise is cursed.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 18, 2020 7:03 PM

Should’ve done a pick em thus week

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Oct 18, 2020 10:09 PM
posted by justincredible

Pat McAfee said on his show that he had an inside source tell him the Jets are 100% tanking for Trevor Lawrence. If I were him I'd demand a trade. This franchise is cursed.

Having another year of eligibility, I'd take it just to avoid that. Or pull an Eli and simply say to either trade him or he isn't showing up.

To be honest, I'd almost hate being an elite college QB. Yeah, you'd get great money, but you usually get stuck on a shit team and you're damaged if you don't turn that around within a year or so. Even though you don't have much to work with and you get hit more in one game than you did in a whole college season.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 8:53 AM

There are 9 teams in the NFL with only 1 win. That seems crazy to me.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 9:12 AM
posted by Heretic

Having another year of eligibility, I'd take it just to avoid that. Or pull an Eli and simply say to either trade him or he isn't showing up.

To be honest, I'd almost hate being an elite college QB. Yeah, you'd get great money, but you usually get stuck on a shit team and you're damaged if you don't turn that around within a year or so. Even though you don't have much to work with and you get hit more in one game than you did in a whole college season.

Agreed. It can be a curse. Look at all of the qbs that have cycled through Cleveland the past 20 years. Had Brady been drafted by the Browns or a similar club, no one would likely remember his name. 

kizer permanente

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 9:20 AM
posted by Heretic

He technically has 2 more years right? Didn't the NCAA say this year doesn't count for eligibility? 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 12:02 PM
posted by kizer permanente

He technically has 2 more years right? Didn't the NCAA say this year doesn't count for eligibility? 

I would hope he's exploring his options.  The Jets are a sewer for a new QB.  

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 10:03 PM

Thought MNF would be better...both team look bad

friendfromlowry

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 10:08 PM
posted by Ironman92

Thought MNF would be better...both team look bad

Well it’s Dalton in prime time so. Surely you remember the Steelers kicking his ass every year in the obligatory, miserable MNF games. 

Actually I’m surprised he hasn’t thrown for 250/3 touchdowns so far because 2020.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 10:15 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Well it’s Dalton in prime time so. Surely you remember the Steelers kicking his ass every year in the obligatory, miserable MNF games. 

Actually I’m surprised he hasn’t thrown for 250/3 touchdowns so far because 2020.

Zeke and their defense awful

Embarrassing performance. Happy Jerry!

Al Bundy

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 10:18 PM
posted by Ironman92

Zeke and their defense awful

Embarrassing performance. Happy Jerry!

And they are in first place

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 10:30 PM
posted by Al Bundy

And they are in first place

Those division champs shirts are the best

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 10:45 PM

Any of the 32 franchises more embarrassing based on what’s expected?

Al Bundy

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 11:22 PM
posted by Ironman92

Any of the 32 franchises more embarrassing based on what’s expected?

Probably not, but the Vikings have to be close

friendfromlowry

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 11:41 PM

Dallas defense has given up 20, 39, 38, 49, 34, 38. Jesus lol

friendfromlowry

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 11:43 PM

At least with Dallas though the season was finished when Dak went out anyways

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Oct 20, 2020 6:21 AM
posted by Al Bundy

Probably not, but the Vikings have to be close

Their saving grace is they aren’t shown nationally every game like “America’s team”