2020 NFL Thread...

Home Forums Sports

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Oct 20, 2020 11:03 AM

Andy Dalton spent most of that game going for a 3 yards per attempt average before raising his stats in garbage time. Man, the winner of that shit division is gonna have 5-6 wins with as bad as all four of those teams are now that Dak isn't there to carry Dallas on his back to 7 or 8.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Oct 23, 2020 11:04 AM

Automatik

Fri, Oct 23, 2020 11:25 AM

Do you think Lawrence actually said what Bleacher Report reported? I'm guessing no. Doesn't seem like something he'd say.

Also don't think he'd be the savior anyway. Jets need....A LOT.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Oct 23, 2020 11:27 AM

Jets need new ownership.

No, I don't think Lawrence said that. But if he did, I wouldn't blame him.

Automatik

Fri, Oct 23, 2020 11:31 AM

Quote from my die hard Longer Islander Jets fan:

Ha! Little does he know, we're tanking next year too!

gut

Fri, Oct 23, 2020 12:52 PM
posted by Automatik

Do you think Lawrence actually said what Bleacher Report reported? I'm guessing no. Doesn't seem like something he'd say.

No matter how badly you might not want to play for a team, the money is simply too much to risk.

Worst-case scenario he pulls an Eli.  Still, he'd be looking at the 5th-year option, followed by 2 franchise tags before he's free.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Fri, Oct 23, 2020 7:07 PM

AB signing with Tampa. Giving it a go with Tommy one more time. 

friendfromlowry

Fri, Oct 23, 2020 8:17 PM

There’s no way Lawrence said that. He’s not going to stay at Clemson. Eventually you have to face the music and join the terrible professional team waiting on you. If he waits til next year it’ll just be another miserable team ready to pick him. Maybe even the Jets again. Just get on with it.

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Oct 23, 2020 9:25 PM
posted by wildcats20

AB signing with Tampa. Giving it a go with Tommy one more time. 

I wondered about him a week or so ago. Would like to see him not waste what he is. You’d think he could be humble for a few months but probably unlikely.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sat, Oct 24, 2020 10:01 AM
posted by Ironman92

I wondered about him a week or so ago. Would like to see him not waste what he is. You’d think he could be humble for a few months but probably unlikely.

Yeah, it'd be cool to see his talent play out. But I just can't help but assume some dramatic meltdown awaits. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Oct 24, 2020 10:25 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Yeah, it'd be cool to see his talent play out. But I just can't help but assume some dramatic meltdown awaits. 

Agreed. Still claimed him on waiver in FF lol. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Oct 25, 2020 2:36 PM

First half for the Steelers was about as good as a person could draw up. Held the ball a lot to keep it out of Henry's hands and opened up a big enough lead that Tennessee will need to rely on Tannehill more than they'd like, hopefully.

friendfromlowry

Sun, Oct 25, 2020 3:19 PM

What was that guy thinking on the hit to Dalton? That’s exactly what the league has been trying to get rid of forever. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Oct 25, 2020 3:21 PM

To put Dalton out of his misery like a red-headed version of Ol' Yeller? The way he's looked with Dallas, that's be the merciful option.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Oct 25, 2020 3:37 PM
posted by Heretic

First half for the Steelers was about as good as a person could draw up. Held the ball a lot to keep it out of Henry's hands and opened up a big enough lead that Tennessee will need to rely on Tannehill more than they'd like, hopefully.

The second half has been a bit less ideal.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 25, 2020 4:02 PM

It’s been a great sports weekend....I get home today and it’s 27-7 Steelers....Fitzpatrick and Ben have sucked since and I get to watch the collapse. To add fun CBS let me know that Steelers have never lost when up 20 points in 226 games.

The sports gods keep you even keeled 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 25, 2020 4:04 PM

Joe Haden shitting himself bad

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 25, 2020 4:08 PM

Welp...did my bullshit act perfectly.

6-0, things to work on

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Oct 25, 2020 4:10 PM

Lol, survival, baby!

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 25, 2020 4:12 PM

I’ll keep saying it....the Bengals defense is worse than their offensive line

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Oct 26, 2020 12:03 AM

Maybe, uhhh, dont kick a FG with 3 minutes left on 2nd fucking down!

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 26, 2020 12:06 AM
posted by Laley23

Maybe, uhhh, dont kick a FG with 3 minutes left on 2nd fucking down!

Gotta make that kick regardless 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 26, 2020 12:09 AM

MVP might be changing after that big mistake by Wilson

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 26, 2020 12:14 AM

Good game.