2020 College football thread

Home Forums Sports

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Nov 28, 2020 10:06 AM
posted by Ironman92

OSU/Illinois canceled Covif

So dumb. Play with who you have. And how did Saban test positive twice?

friendfromlowry

Sat, Nov 28, 2020 11:45 AM
posted by iclfan2

First time was false positive. 

Al Bundy

Sat, Nov 28, 2020 12:49 PM
posted by iclfan2

He cheats.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Dec 5, 2020 1:35 PM

So when OSU wins today, the Big 10 has to either remove the 6 game bullshit or let OSU schedule another team if Michigan bails. No chance they wanna play OSU. Not letting OSU into the title game would be absurd.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Dec 5, 2020 2:08 PM
posted by iclfan2

So when OSU wins today, the Big 10 has to either remove the 6 game bullshit or let OSU schedule another team if Michigan bails. No chance they wanna play OSU. Not letting OSU into the title game would be absurd.

They can schedule another game as long as the game is canceled by Wednesday afternoon AND the new opponent has their game canceled due to other team’s Covid issues. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Dec 5, 2020 2:13 PM
posted by wildcats20

They can schedule another game as long as the game is canceled by Wednesday afternoon AND the new opponent has their game canceled due to other team’s Covid issues. 

Must be from within the conference and doesn’t matter if they have played already. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Dec 5, 2020 2:17 PM
posted by wildcats20

Must be from within the conference and doesn’t matter if they have played already. 

That’s stupid. SEC I think is all off. Big 10 came up with some dumb ads rules. Fuck them for starting late too. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Dec 5, 2020 2:19 PM
posted by iclfan2

That’s stupid. SEC I think is all off. Big 10 came up with some dumb ads rules. Fuck them for starting late too. 

The 6 game rule was absolutely ridiculous. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Dec 5, 2020 2:22 PM

Especially knowing that starting so late would leave no wiggle room in the schedule. None of it makes sense at all. They could have easily started the week of October 17 and had that extra week. But no. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 5, 2020 3:22 PM

Michigan will play. Herbie hurt their feelings

Al Bundy

Sat, Dec 5, 2020 10:30 PM

This season has taught us that teams don't need to schedule games 10 years in advance. We'd see who really wants to play if we scheduled games around when the NFL does.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Dec 6, 2020 2:32 PM

OSU opens -30 vs Michigan. Holy hell. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Dec 6, 2020 7:10 PM
posted by wildcats20

OSU opens -30 vs Michigan. Holy hell. 

Lol would be shocked if they play. Hope I am wrong

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Dec 7, 2020 4:54 AM

Urban says no to Texas. 

He may very well go to USC or somewhere; but maybe, just maybe, he really is done. I wish some people would just accept that fact. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Dec 7, 2020 7:44 AM
posted by wildcats20

Urban says no to Texas. 

He may very well go to USC or somewhere; but maybe, just maybe, he really is done. I wish some people would just accept that fact. 

He apparently seems open to entertaining offers. You can't blame them for trying. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Dec 7, 2020 7:53 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

He apparently seems open to entertaining offers. You can't blame them for trying. 

No doubt. My comment was more toward the media and fans across the country. Every time there is an opening or soon to be open job, it’s “Urban Meyer is returning to coaching”. 

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Dec 7, 2020 11:56 AM

Maybe he will go to Indiana if Tom Allen leaves. Would have to think he’d want to coach a top-10 squad over those other bums in CFB. Lololol

Automatik

Tue, Dec 8, 2020 1:36 PM

The Game. Cancelled.

MOTHER OF FUCK!

sportchampps

Tue, Dec 8, 2020 1:39 PM

Fuckkkkk

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Dec 8, 2020 1:39 PM
posted by Automatik

The Game. Cancelled.

MOTHER OF FUCK!

Trash

ptown_trojans_1

Tue, Dec 8, 2020 1:46 PM

Big Ten fucked this all up. Zero room for error. 

I think it may be possible, if the Minnesota game gets canceled, that the Big Ten moves some teams around: Nebraska plays Rutgers and Ohio State plays Maryland. It is better than nothing, and honestly, Maryland may give Ohio State a better game than Mich. 

Or, the Big Ten, could just maybe schedule the game for next week if both schools want that? Is that even something either school would entertain? I doubt it.

I think right now OSU would play Iowa in the crossover game....that is not a bad matchup. 

Bad look for college football again this week as now #4 OSU, #5 TAMU, and #7 Cincy all are canceled. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Dec 8, 2020 1:59 PM

Closest Harbaugh will ever get to beating Ohio State, especially if not being able to play the game winds up fucking them out of the B1G championship game and hurts them as far as being considered Top 4 for playoffs.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Dec 8, 2020 2:30 PM

Purdue is canceling practice today. That could mean their game against Indiana is cancelled. Would allow an easy option for the B1G, but I don’t think they would do a straight swap. I think they would shuffle another game so OSU and Indiana don’t play a 2nd time. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Dec 8, 2020 6:51 PM

And now Indiana has shut it down. They know what they’re doing. 

Al Bundy

Tue, Dec 8, 2020 7:14 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Big Ten fucked this all up. Zero room for error. 

I think it may be possible, if the Minnesota game gets canceled, that the Big Ten moves some teams around: Nebraska plays Rutgers and Ohio State plays Maryland. It is better than nothing, and honestly, Maryland may give Ohio State a better game than Mich. 

Football involves so much prep time for a specific opponent. I can't see Maryland and Rutgers agreeing to situation that you described because it would only leave them a couple of days to prep for a different opponent than they have been preparing for.

The Buckeyes best chance is playing a team that has a cancellation. It may involve playing a team that they have already played, such as Nebraska in the situation that you described.