2020 College football thread

Home Forums Sports

friendfromlowry

Sat, Jan 2, 2021 8:41 PM
posted by Heretic

While this is a bit different, I think my favorite coaching performance yesterday was by Kirby Smart. The head coach who needs a full-time staffer on hand simply to physically keep him off the field because he apparently has no sense of where he is at any given time. That poor guy deserved the Peach Bowl MVP award just for having to keep his hand under Smart's belt half the game to reel him in.

Doesn’t Sean McVay of the Rams have something similar? They keep a guy on the sidelines all game long and his job is to make sure McVay - who’s super focused apparently - doesn’t get in the refs way and draw a penalty. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Jan 2, 2021 9:32 PM
posted by Heretic

While this is a bit different, I think my favorite coaching performance yesterday was by Kirby Smart. The head coach who needs a full-time staffer on hand simply to physically keep him off the field because he apparently has no sense of where he is at any given time. That poor guy deserved the Peach Bowl MVP award just for having to keep his hand under Smart's belt half the game to reel him in.

This was awful. You want your players to be disciplined 100% of the time and you can’t stay off the fucking field? Need a grown ass man with his hands down your ass crack to hold you back....and that dude was pulling hard because Smart apparently pulls like every dog ever on a walk.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sat, Jan 2, 2021 11:03 PM
posted by Spock

THey are in the league for all the other sports so basically yea they are.  Just because they are greedy about football money doesnt mean shit

I'm not a Notre Dame fan at all. But you're nuts if you think any other program wouldn't manage it's situation in exactly the same way they do if given the opportunity (independence/NBC,/separate playoff considerations). One thing college football is not is an equitable sport practiced by teams looking out for each other's best interest. Even our beloved Buckeyes would take a deal like ND's in a heartbeat if it were an option. 

sportchampps

Sat, Jan 2, 2021 11:53 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I'm not a Notre Dame fan at all. But you're nuts if you think any other program wouldn't manage it's situation in exactly the same way they do if given the opportunity (independence/NBC,/separate playoff considerations). One thing college football is not is an equitable sport practiced by teams looking out for each other's best interest. Even our beloved Buckeyes would take a deal like ND's in a heartbeat if it were an option. 

What will they do when the Big 5 split off in a few years probably run to the acc 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Jan 3, 2021 11:43 AM
posted by sportchampps

What will they do when the Big 5 split off in a few years probably run to the acc 

Maybe. They may also get an exception to join them as an independent. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Jan 11, 2021 7:17 PM

OSU without Togiai, Tyreke Smith, and Haubeil. 

Great. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Jan 11, 2021 7:33 PM
posted by wildcats20

OSU without Togiai, Tyreke Smith, and Haubeil. 

Great. 

Guess it’s not as bad as the whole DL rumor. Still not great.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Jan 11, 2021 8:32 PM

Sermon goes out after the first drive. Looked like a collarbone the way his arm/shoulder was just hanging there. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Jan 11, 2021 8:39 PM

What an answer!! Ruckert with a big time catch. Teague finishes it off. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Jan 11, 2021 8:55 PM
posted by wildcats20

Sermon goes out after the first drive. Looked like a collarbone the way his arm/shoulder was just hanging there. 

Fuck

Automatik

Mon, Jan 11, 2021 9:08 PM

Sermon off to the hospital. Damn shame. 

gut

Mon, Jan 11, 2021 9:09 PM

I know that was DPI, but looked like the worst drop you'll ever see

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Jan 11, 2021 9:10 PM
posted by gut

I know that was DPI, but looked like the worst drop you'll ever see

It was pretty bad. He got hit across the face, but still gotta catch that. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Jan 11, 2021 9:20 PM

Alabama has 2 great players, and OSU leaves them wide open. The fuck

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Jan 11, 2021 9:20 PM

Alabama has 2 great players, and OSU leaves them wide open. The fuck

gut

Mon, Jan 11, 2021 9:22 PM

DeVonta is just so incredible.  Almost like watching Bo Jackson in Techmo Superbowl

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Jan 11, 2021 9:27 PM

Get em on their heels and then slow it down 🤦🏻‍♂️

The go to TE would’ve been nice on 1st or 2nd down 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Jan 11, 2021 9:27 PM

Setting up for a Bama score, halftime, Bama score. Not good for OSU. 

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Jan 11, 2021 9:28 PM

This is a rather large 3rd down play.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Jan 11, 2021 9:38 PM

Osu D is trash

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Jan 11, 2021 9:43 PM

Shaun Wade jogging to make a tackle is pretty spot on for how his season has gone. 

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Jan 11, 2021 9:46 PM

42-17 is not far away. 

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Jan 11, 2021 9:49 PM
posted by Laley23

42-17 is not far away. 

Ok, Bama scored too fast. Maybe OSU can get one before the inevitable 42 after the half.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Jan 11, 2021 9:56 PM
posted by Laley23

Ok, Bama scored too fast. Maybe OSU can get one before the inevitable 42 after the half.

Still gonna get 42 before half. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Jan 11, 2021 10:08 PM
posted by iclfan2

Osu D is trash

You're a first class asshole. Please go find another team. Fucking jerk.