2020 College football thread

Home Forums Sports

Spock

Thu, Dec 31, 2020 11:31 AM

Florida using every excuse in the book for that ass beating.  Please.  EVERY PLAYER ON THEIR TEAM is or was an all state or national caliber player.  Those Freshman playing are closer to being sophomores then HS players.

To get beat that bad means that you would have been beat with your full squad, just a little less bad.  

Heck their Heisman QB throws 3 really bad interceptions in 3 minutes.  Those missing players didnt cause that.  He threw it right to the defense.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 31, 2020 11:58 AM
posted by Spock

Florida using every excuse in the book for that ass beating.  Please.  EVERY PLAYER ON THEIR TEAM is or was an all state or national caliber player.  Those Freshman playing are closer to being sophomores then HS players.

To get beat that bad means that you would have been beat with your full squad, just a little less bad.  

Heck their Heisman QB throws 3 really bad interceptions in 3 minutes.  Those missing players didnt cause that.  He threw it right to the defense.

The quotes by their coach were embarrassing 

superman

Thu, Dec 31, 2020 1:58 PM

So according to Dan Mullen that was not his 2020 team. Therefore it must be his 2021 team. Their 35 point loss needs to be brought up if he starts campaigning for a playoff spot next year. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 31, 2020 2:37 PM
posted by superman

So according to Dan Mullen that was not his 2020 team. Therefore it must be his 2021 team. Their 35 point loss needs to be brought up if he starts campaigning for a playoff spot next year. 

He insulted every one of his players last night...that played

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Dec 31, 2020 3:48 PM

What the actual fuck just happened at the end of this game?!?

Spock

Thu, Dec 31, 2020 3:59 PM

Seems like someone was butt hurt about losing

Fletch

Thu, Dec 31, 2020 5:54 PM

Army offense is fun to watch.

cat_lover

Thu, Dec 31, 2020 6:14 PM

There was a confrontation before the Tulsa/Mississippi State game and both teams had to be separated. During the game there was a lot of chippy play and woofing back and forth and after the game all hell broke loose. That was an ugly scene.

Army/West Virginia is a good game so far.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Fri, Jan 1, 2021 1:07 PM

Go Bearcats!

cat_lover

Fri, Jan 1, 2021 1:48 PM

Bearcats looking strong!!

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Fri, Jan 1, 2021 2:11 PM

80 yards through the heart of the south?

Cincy looks really good. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Jan 1, 2021 2:50 PM

Man, that vaunted SEC superiority has been on display so far. What's their high-water mark this year, so far? Mississippi State getting a bowl at 3-7 and beating an AAC team and then getting in a fight after the game?

At least until today. No matter what, I expect Alabama to murderize Notre Dame because ND sucks and is perennially overrated because of their name.

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Jan 1, 2021 3:06 PM

Gonna lose it but great showing 

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Jan 1, 2021 3:48 PM

And that’s why OSU said thanks for a year, Luke. But see ya

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Jan 1, 2021 3:51 PM

Disaster of an end for UC. QB throws it deep when just going down and then punting would have taken 40 off the clock and Georgia probably wouldn't have time to get into FG position. Then they let them get in range for a long FG, which they make. Then they muff the kickoff and have to start on their 2. And they finish it by getting safety'd. Everything went well for them until the final 2 minutes and then nothing did.

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Jan 1, 2021 3:51 PM

I don’t mind the pass play call on 3rd down but if it’s not definite you gotta take sack and run 35 seconds off the clock...Georgia wouldn’t have made it to midfield.

Player that got kicked out is the biggest loser....destroyed his team.

Georgia kicker bailed out the entire SEC

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Jan 1, 2021 4:29 PM
posted by Heretic

Disaster of an end for UC. QB throws it deep when just going down and then punting would have taken 40 off the clock and Georgia probably wouldn't have time to get into FG position.

Throwing it on 3rd and 2 was so dumb. Could have ran and possibly got the first while running clock

Fletch

Fri, Jan 1, 2021 5:01 PM

UC was a better team.  Hard to watch them lose

Fletch

Fri, Jan 1, 2021 5:33 PM

Either Bama is really good or ND really sucks

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Fri, Jan 1, 2021 5:51 PM
posted by Fletch

Either Bama is really good or ND really sucks

Yes.

friendfromlowry

Fri, Jan 1, 2021 7:12 PM

There’s Notre Dame getting blown out like everyone guessed. How exciting. 

sportchampps

Fri, Jan 1, 2021 7:20 PM

Yeah the ND game went exactly how I expected. 

Also hearing Georgia called a blue blood when they haven’t won a National  Title in my lifetime is pretty funny.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Jan 1, 2021 7:20 PM

ND getting blown out does not mean they “suck”. They are around the 5th best program in America right now. Just so happens that Clemson and Bama are an entire ladder above OSU. And OSU is rungs better than the rest.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Fri, Jan 1, 2021 8:39 PM

Not a great start for OSU. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Fri, Jan 1, 2021 8:44 PM

Really impressive drive from Trey Sermon. This team is so different with him now healthy.