2020 Browns

Home Forums Sports

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Apr 23, 2020 12:09 PM

Ideally, just trade for Trent Williams with a 3rd. Then take Simmons or Brown if one falls.

SportsAndLady

Thu, Apr 23, 2020 12:20 PM

They’re not goin to trade Trent Williams for a 3rd

BR1986FB

Thu, Apr 23, 2020 12:58 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

They’re not goin to trade Trent Williams for a 3rd

Rivera said that he wants another 3rd or 4th. The Skins would be idiots not to part with a guy who doesn't want to play for them.

BR1986FB

Thu, Apr 23, 2020 1:01 PM
posted by Laley23

I don’t want Becton at 10. If they trade down and can grab him later, fine. But I’d rather go defense at 10 than Becton. His pass blocking scares me. And I’d rather have that than run blocking from LT, especially since I want to evaluate Baker as a passer once and for all this season.

Apparently you and I are missing something because Joe Thomas, a highly respected HOF head coach (forgot the name, was working out and concentrating on that) and now John Greco are all saying that Becton should be the pick at 10 and he's the best scheme fit. I get that the dude is a mauler in the run game, and has worked in a wide zone blocking scheme, but his weight is concerning whether he can sustain it over long periods of time against superior competition.

BR1986FB

Thu, Apr 23, 2020 1:33 PM

Football Chopz@Pchopz_

.@TomPelissero just said on TV that the Redskins won't be able to get a 2nd round pick for Trent Williams. Maybe a 3rd. Maybe a 4th.

1:09 PM - Apr 23, 2020

Tom Pelissero is a decent source.

SportsAndLady

Thu, Apr 23, 2020 1:45 PM

I don’t see it. They could have traded him for a 3rd by now. And they’d have 31 offers for a 3rd if that were the case. 

BR1986FB

Thu, Apr 23, 2020 1:53 PM

Not so sure about that. The guy is damaged goods (hasn't played a full season since 2013) and wants to be the highest paid tackle in football. 

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Apr 23, 2020 2:18 PM

Trent Williams is not playing for a team who brushed his fucking cancer aside for over 2 years. His guaranteed money is all paid. They either cut him or take a cap hit and his salary to sit all year again. They have no leverage here and the longer they wait, the less they will get. 

Their best move is a trade. No cap hit, and dump his salary. A few respected sources I saw last night said it may take a 3rd plus something, but it won’t be higher than a 3rd. Who knows, but I think it’s possible.

BR1986FB

Thu, Apr 23, 2020 2:32 PM

Crazy rumor floating around that the Browns would like to move up to #2, assuming to take Chase Young. Not buying it. Wouldn't hate it though.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Apr 23, 2020 2:43 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Crazy rumor floating around that the Browns would like to move up to #2, assuming to take Chase Young. Not buying it. Wouldn't hate it though.

Doesn’t everyone want to? I haven’t seen a single sourced person say it. Just random fans on the internet. The Trent Williams thing has legs, the #2 doesn’t seem to. But if it happened, insert Randy Marsh gif.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Apr 23, 2020 2:44 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I don't buy that at all. 

SportsAndLady

Thu, Apr 23, 2020 3:22 PM

Love the rumor season right now. People just floating shit out there lol 

slingshot4ever

Thu, Apr 23, 2020 3:42 PM

How much would it cost us to move up 8 spots though?  Probably would have to include giving up first round pick next year.

SportsAndLady

Thu, Apr 23, 2020 3:44 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

How much would it cost us to move up 8 spots though?  Probably would have to include giving up first round pick next year.

And then some. 
We have DE’s, good ones...that rumor is dumb af. 

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Apr 23, 2020 4:50 PM

Yeah, it would take a shit ton to move that high. Unless OBJ was involved (which I hope not). Not worth it.

BR1986FB

Thu, Apr 23, 2020 6:27 PM
posted by Laley23

Yeah, it would take a shit ton to move that high. Unless OBJ was involved (which I hope not). Not worth it.

That was the rumor. OBJ & 10

slingshot4ever

Thu, Apr 23, 2020 6:37 PM
posted by BR1986FB

That was the rumor. OBJ & 10

No thank you....

SportsAndLady

Thu, Apr 23, 2020 6:59 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

No thank you....

This. It doesn’t improve our team. 

SportsAndLady

Thu, Apr 23, 2020 6:59 PM

That being said...anyone have a feeling they’re gonna screw this up tonight? 

slingshot4ever

Thu, Apr 23, 2020 7:09 PM

I actually feel pretty good about the draft this year.  I’m expecting a OT tonight and then a S (Delpit or winfield) in 2nd round.  Those are the biggest needs and we should be able to find starters at 10 and 41.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Apr 23, 2020 7:09 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

That being said...anyone have a feeling they’re gonna screw this up tonight? 

Depends if they trade back. If you can get one of the top four OT’s, it’ll be hard to call it a screw up. A lot of people like any of the top 4. If Wills falls that’s who I want. Or Thomas. Wirfs Probly not falling, and I dunno about Becton.

SportsAndLady

Thu, Apr 23, 2020 7:12 PM
posted by iclfan2

Depends if they trade back. If you can get one of the top four OT’s, it’ll be hard to call it a screw up. A lot of people like any of the top 4. If Wills falls that’s who I want. Or Thomas. Wirfs Probly not falling, and I dunno about Becton.

I’m with you. I’m just thinking they won’t take one of those 4 OL guys and do something weird that I’ll hate. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Apr 23, 2020 7:19 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I’m with you. I’m just thinking they won’t take one of those 4 OL guys and do something weird that I’ll hate. 

If Simmons falls I won’t hate it, not much else I would like though.

BR1986FB

Thu, Apr 23, 2020 7:44 PM

Guy on the OBR claiming he has a source saying a 3rd, a 4th and some draft pick next year for Trent Williams. Claiming it's a "done deal." Fwiw, the guy is an established poster. Also sounds like they have a deal in place to trade down with Atlanta if their guy isn't there.