2020 Browns

Home Forums Sports

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 4:35 AM

The nice thing about being 6 hours ahead is I can be asleep and I don't have to feel the anxiety of the Browns fucking up another draft.  I woke up and I was happy with the pick.  You guys know my takes by now, I am always into shoring up the line.  Just seems like the smart and straight forward thing to do.  A lot of experts had Wills in the argument for best tackle prospect coming into the draft.  The draft seems pretty deep for tackles, so I would have also been happy with trading down a few spots (i.e. Denver) and grab the best available,  but I can't complain about this pick.  If our offseason moves for the oline buys Baker even half a second it will be worth it.  Baker won't have an excuse either if he is bought some time. 

Do the Browns still try to make a bargain trade for Trent Williams?  I am with BR, I wouldn't pay much to get him, but if the deal is right...

Edit: NVM regarding Trent.  I completely forgot about Conklin.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 8:45 AM

2nd and 3rd round mock from the Athletic: 

41: Jeremy Chinn, safety

74: Willie Gay, LB

97: Lynn Bowden, WR 

Don’t see Bowden happening, but like the safety even though he was at an FCS school. 

SportsAndLady

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 8:47 AM

Would love for the browns to grab KJ Hill with a 3-4th rounder. Think he’s going to be a stud, and would pair well behind two pro bowl WRs. 

BR1986FB

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 10:00 AM
posted by iclfan2

2nd and 3rd round mock from the Athletic: 

41: Jeremy Chinn, safety

74: Willie Gay, LB

97: Lynn Bowden, WR 

Don’t see Bowden happening, but like the safety even though he was at an FCS school. 

Wouldn't have a huge issue with Chinn or Antoine Winfield Jr at the 41 pick.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 10:12 AM

Why do you guys think McKinney fell? Have to love the safety options available to start this round though.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 11:02 AM

I’d like Browns to go defense with all 3 picks tonight. But if Kmet or a WR they like falls to the 3rd, I wouldn’t complain about it. 

BR1986FB

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 11:05 AM

NFL Update

@MySportsUpdate

Still on the board for tomorrow night: Yetur Gross-Matos, Xavier McKinney, A.J. Epenesa, D'Andre Swift, Tee Higgins, Antoine Winfield, Zack Baun, Jalen Hurts, Jaylon Johnson, Ezra Cleveland, Josh Jones, Ross Blacklock, J.K. Dobbins, Denzel Mims, Michael Pittman, Trevon Diggs.

12:12 AM · Apr 24, 2020·TweetDeck

BR1986FB

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 11:09 AM
posted by Laley23

I’d like Browns to go defense with all 3 picks tonight. But if Kmet or a WR they like falls to the 3rd, I wouldn’t complain about it. 

Agreed. I'm not concerned about the offense as I think it will bounce back with Stefanski's system.

Was listening to an NFL guy on the radio a few weeks ago and he brought up an interesting stat. Except for the Chiefs (who are kind of in their own world) teams that had top defenses (with good/decent offenses) were playoff teams/contenders while most of the top offenses (with bad defenses) weren't. I think if the Browns can just get their defense to good/very good they can be in the mix this year. Don't need to be elite but can't be a sieve.

BR1986FB

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 12:59 PM

I know that safety/LB is a huge need but with one of those edge rushers (Gross-Matos, Epenesa) drops to 41, I wouldn't be opposed to adding more pass rush.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 1:13 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Agreed. I'm not concerned about the offense as I think it will bounce back with Stefanski's system.

Was listening to an NFL guy on the radio a few weeks ago and he brought up an interesting stat. Except for the Chiefs (who are kind of in their own world) teams that had top defenses (with good/decent offenses) were playoff teams/contenders while most of the top offenses (with bad defenses) weren't. I think if the Browns can just get their defense to good/very good they can be in the mix this year. Don't need to be elite but can't be a sieve.

With the line patched up (in theory) and Freddie not making the play calls, the offense really has no excuse but to show up.  If Stefanksi doesn't make life easy on Baker by giving Chubb the ball behind this new line, then he is a fucking idiot. 

BR1986FB

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 1:18 PM
posted by like_that

With the line patched up (in theory) and Freddie not making the play calls, the offense really has no excuse but to show up.  If Stefanksi doesn't make life easy on Baker by giving Chubb the ball behind this new line, then he is a fucking idiot. 

Kentucky Fried Freddie was such a fuck up. The stats showed that they were most effective, and Baker limited his mistakes, running out of 12 personnel. KFF would run it, have success, and then go away from it, opting for slow developing plays so he could get his playmakers on deep(er) routes, thus requiring the O-Line to stay with their opponents much longer. Recipe for disaster with two weak tackles and a weak RG.

Stefanski's system is basically "Offense for Dummies" as far as the QB goes. Very QB friendly, creating mismatches with 2 TE sets off play action. If Baker doesn't ball out this year, I have a feeling they're looking for a new QB in the 2021 draft.

BR1986FB

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 6:35 PM

Looks like they dodged a bullet not trading for Trent Williams. Tunsil just signed an extension with Houston averaging 22m per year.

slingshot4ever

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 7:41 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Wouldn't have a huge issue with Chinn or Antoine Winfield Jr at the 41 pick.

What about Delpit if available?

slingshot4ever

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 7:44 PM

We traded out of our pick to Indy 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 7:47 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

What about Delpit if available?

Winfield is so small

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 7:48 PM

Here’s a novel concept, read the fucking picks I don’t need life stories on all of them. We could be at pick 50 by now

BR1986FB

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 7:52 PM

Dropped three spots and, I think, got a 5th rounder with their guy likely still there.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 8:11 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Dropped three spots and, I think, got a 5th rounder with their guy likely still there.

Yea, free 5th rounder for nothing. Don’t know a ton about Delpit but pff loves him. Lot of forced picks. I don’t care a ton about missed tackles at safety.

BR1986FB

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 8:12 PM

Not a Delpit fan. Hope the injuries were the excuse for the missed tackles.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 8:25 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Not a Delpit fan. Hope the injuries were the excuse for the missed tackles.

Like him better than Winfield, maybe Chinn ranked higher? I’ll take it, I care more about covering for this team, which he is better at.

cat_lover

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 8:31 PM

I like the Delpit pick. Seems to be a good cover person.

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 8:32 PM
posted by cat_lover

I like the Delpit pick. Seems to be a good cover person.

I liked him at LSU

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 8:37 PM

As fans, we don’t have any clue who will be good and who won’t be. I liked Wirfs and Winfield, but love that Browns went Wills and Delpit. Addressing the positions of need — something, we as fans, DO know something about.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 11:38 PM

Really like what Berry has done. Needed OT/S/LB and got them in first 4 picks, with a high upside DT in there as well for depth. All while acquiring an extra 5th and another 3rd for next year. 

You can argue the players they took, but that is such a crapshoot. Got the positions most needed.