2020 Browns

Home Forums Sports

thavoice

Fri, Apr 10, 2020 11:01 AM
posted by BR1986FB

His value against the run is ridiculous. I think Seattle gave up an average of 99 yards vs the run when he played, 170 when he didn't

With as much cap space as they have there is really no reason to NOT open up the pocketbooks.  No one wants to 'overpay' a guy but sometimes you just have to, and with that space they can and wont hamstring them.  Baker is a couple of year off before he will command 30M plus so by the time he gets that $$ Clowney would likely be off their books.

Clowney is not Reggie White material, but when GB 'overpaid' for him it was a signal to other players, on the team and around the league, they were serious.

BR1986FB

Fri, Apr 10, 2020 11:15 AM
posted by thavoice

With as much cap space as they have there is really no reason to open up the pocketbooks.  No one wants to 'overpay' a guy but sometimes you just have to, and with that space they can and wont hamstring them.  Baker is a couple of year off before he will command 30M plus so by the time he gets that $$ Clowney would likely be off their books.

Clowney is not Reggie White material, but when GB 'overpaid' for him it was a signal to other players, on the team and around the league, they were serious.

I think the bigger concern is his injury history and not being able to get him in for a physical but I'm sure the money is part of it.

cat_lover

Fri, Apr 10, 2020 7:21 PM

Browns are revealing new uniforms on April 15th. Rumors are they are going back to the traditional look. I would be okay with this or their current color rush uniforms.

QuakerOats

Tue, Apr 14, 2020 3:56 PM

Anything will be better than the disgraceful things they’ve been wearing these last couple of years.

BR1986FB

Tue, Apr 14, 2020 4:46 PM

Sounds like it's going to be uniforms like the 80's Browns

BR1986FB

Wed, Apr 15, 2020 11:18 AM

Trade rumor of the Browns sending OBJ to the Vikings for a 2nd and a 5th

thavoice

Wed, Apr 15, 2020 11:35 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Unless he really is a j/o in the locker room I dont know why they would want to trade him.   

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Apr 15, 2020 12:18 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Fuck that. Like the new unis

BR1986FB

Wed, Apr 15, 2020 12:39 PM
posted by iclfan2

Fuck that. Like the new unis

Agreed on the Beckham trade. What's even worse is that the picks are supposedly for 2021.

Meh, on the new uniforms. Hope they didn't pay someone to design them. Could've called Bernie Kosar and said "can we have our 1986 uniform back?"

thavoice

Wed, Apr 15, 2020 12:55 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Agreed on the Beckham trade. What's even worse is that the picks are supposedly for 2021.

Meh, on the new uniforms. Hope they didn't pay someone to design them. Could've called Bernie Kosar and said "can we have our 1986 uniform back?"

Now wait a minute. ALl i heard frmo browns fans over the last few years is how they hated their new unis and wanted to go back to their old school ones.

They are brown and orange, just got saddled with some terrible colors.

cat_lover

Wed, Apr 15, 2020 12:59 PM

Yes on the new uni's
NO on trading Beckham

BR1986FB

Wed, Apr 15, 2020 1:14 PM
posted by thavoice

Now wait a minute. ALl i heard frmo browns fans over the last few years is how they hated their new unis and wanted to go back to their old school ones.

They are brown and orange, just got saddled with some terrible colors.

I was probably one of the few who liked em. I'm in the minority, hoping they would've done something wild(er) with them like the Seahawks. "Tradition" is bullshit as all the 1999 and on Browns know is losing.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Apr 15, 2020 2:14 PM

Uniforms are nice. Especially like the all brown ones.

QuakerOats

Wed, Apr 15, 2020 5:31 PM

I have no problem picking up good draft picks while eliminating headaches.

slingshot4ever

Wed, Apr 15, 2020 5:52 PM

We gave up a 1st and 3rd for him...don’t turn him around for just a 2nd and 5th

SportsAndLady

Wed, Apr 15, 2020 6:42 PM

You’re a straight up moron if you want OBJ traded. 

Also, these uni’s always look the same. I’ve never gotten into new uniforms. Just don’t care at all about some minor tweaks to uniforms. 

BR1986FB

Wed, Apr 15, 2020 9:43 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

We gave up a 1st and 3rd for him...don’t turn him around for just a 2nd and 5th

A 2021 2nd & 5th, which is worse.

This rumor came out of NY and now Cowturd's running with it saying "OBJ wants out of Cleveland."

Hours after that rumor came out, the fountain of misinformation, MKC supposedly squashed it saying it was untrue. I wouldn't have a huge issue moving him but the haul would have to be VERY significant and that offer is a huge yawner.

Assuming (big assumption) the season starts on time, the Browns could be in a bit of a pickle. It's not certain that Landry & OBJ will be 100% so I could see them using a 2nd/3rd rounder on a WR. Atlanta supposedly has a woody for Kinlaw and may want to move up from 16 to 10. If the players they covet are gone and they can drop down to 16, get another 2nd (get a WR) and Josh Jones or Ezra Cleveland for their LT, might be worth it.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Apr 15, 2020 10:19 PM

Dont trade OBJ for anything. His numbers were nuts in NY, and Id like to see what he and Baker can do with a solid line. Take a T at 10, with Conklin at RT, Tretter at C and Bitonio at LG you have a real solid line. Make or break year for Baker if the line play is good and he has these weapons. Why trade OBJ and lose the ability to have your decision made for you on Baker?

thavoice

Fri, Apr 17, 2020 9:20 AM
posted by Laley23

Dont trade OBJ for anything. His numbers were nuts in NY, and Id like to see what he and Baker can do with a solid line. Take a T at 10, with Conklin at RT, Tretter at C and Bitonio at LG you have a real solid line. Make or break year for Baker if the line play is good and he has these weapons. Why trade OBJ and lose the ability to have your decision made for you on Baker?

Agreed.

Unless there is just way too much drama in the locker room a la AB for the steelers where he would constantly be late,not show up, etc that didnt come out until he went full on crazy.

BR1986FB

Sat, Apr 18, 2020 5:34 PM

One of the things I am excited about with these new uniforms is it sounds like they may also be adding the orange pants to go with the brown jersey ala the Kardiac Kids days

BRF

Sat, Apr 18, 2020 5:41 PM
posted by BR1986FB

One of the things I am excited about with these new uniforms is it sounds like they may also be adding the orange pants to go with the brown jersey ala the Kardiac Kids days

Fond memories of those days. 

BR1986FB

Sat, Apr 18, 2020 5:43 PM
posted by BRF

Fond memories of those days. 

As Browns fans, in our lifetime, there aren't many.

BRF

Sat, Apr 18, 2020 5:45 PM
posted by BR1986FB

As Browns fans, in our lifetime, there aren't many.

I think you are too young to remember the early to mid 60’s. Those were some great teams. 

BR1986FB

Sat, Apr 18, 2020 11:15 PM
posted by BRF

I think you are too young to remember the early to mid 60’s. Those were some great teams. 

Yeah, I was born 3 years after the last championship.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Apr 20, 2020 10:48 AM

So it's draft week. Who does everybody want? I want whatever OT the front office thinks is best. If that person is gone, I wouldn't mind trading with say Denver at 15.