2020 Browns

Home Forums Sports

BR1986FB

Sat, Apr 25, 2020 4:36 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Would have preferred KJ Hill, but DPJ is nice too. 

Im not being a homer on KJ Hill, I really think he’s going to be a late round steal. 

Nah, you're not alone. Majority of OBR posters preferred Hill too. I don't think DPJ is going to make a big impact but I think he'll be a red zone option.

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Apr 25, 2020 6:11 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Would have preferred KJ Hill, but DPJ is nice too. 

Im not being a homer on KJ Hill, I really think he’s going to be a late round steal. 

I liked Hill too, but didn’t expect either of them to be there so late. Happy to have DPJ.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Apr 25, 2020 6:26 PM

Overall, I thought it was a solid draft for key positions and depth. The LB might have been a reach but we shall see. 

BR1986FB

Sat, Apr 25, 2020 6:29 PM
posted by Laley23

I liked Hill too, but didn’t expect either of them to be there so late. Happy to have DPJ.

I think they went with DPJ because Hill's skill set is similar to what they have. DPJ adds more of that fade/jump ball threat in the red zone.

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Apr 25, 2020 6:51 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I think they went with DPJ because Hill's skill set is similar to what they have. DPJ adds more of that fade/jump ball threat in the red zone.

They should just be throwing those to OBJ. DPJ is only 2” taller than Hill. He’s definitely a wideout, while Hill is slot though, I liked Hill because he has burners, but I suppose Browns did need a #2 wideout since Landry and Hunt are better off in the slot. 

Not much to complain about. Maybe reached for LB, but also I saw lots of projections that had him gone before their 4th rounder. Wouldn’t be worth passing on the guy you like hoping he falls. They addressed the positions of need and added depth. Now just need the players to pan out.

slingshot4ever

Sat, Apr 25, 2020 8:38 PM
posted by Laley23

They should just be throwing those to OBJ. DPJ is only 2” taller than Hill. He’s definitely a wideout, while Hill is slot though, I liked Hill because he has burners, but I suppose Browns did need a #2 wideout since Landry and Hunt are better off in the slot. 

Not much to complain about. Maybe reached for LB, but also I saw lots of projections that had him gone before their 4th rounder. Wouldn’t be worth passing on the guy you like hoping he falls. They addressed the positions of need and added depth. Now just need the players to pan out.

May only be two inches taller, but I saw he had the highest vertical jump of all prospects at the combine.

slingshot4ever

Sat, Apr 25, 2020 8:40 PM

SportsAndLady

Sat, Apr 25, 2020 9:00 PM

Seeing a lot of A or A- grades for the browns draft. I know it means pretty much nothing but it is kinda nice to not see D and F grades for once lol

gut

Sat, Apr 25, 2020 9:28 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Seeing a lot of A or A- grades for the browns draft. I know it means pretty much nothing but it is kinda nice to not see D and F grades for once lol

Really?  Seems like the Browns are pretty consistently declared "winners of the draft".

BR1986FB

Sat, Apr 25, 2020 10:06 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I'd give them a B+ but these UDFA's they are signing might take it to an A-.

Cincinnati A+

Baltimore A

Pittsbugh C

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Apr 26, 2020 6:54 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

PFF gave them an A+.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Apr 26, 2020 6:54 AM
posted by gut

Really?  Seems like the Browns are pretty consistently declared "winners of the draft".

Well, you don't really pay attention to the NFL, so it makes sense why you would think this. 

SportsAndLady

Sun, Apr 26, 2020 10:08 AM
posted by like_that

PFF gave them an A+.

I saw that. One of four teams to get an A+, along broncos, cowboys, and cardinals. 

Browns were also the only team to get 3 players inside PFF’s top 25. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Apr 26, 2020 11:06 AM

The twitter folk seem to like some of the udfa’s too

BR1986FB

Sun, Apr 26, 2020 11:08 AM
posted by iclfan2

The twitter folk seem to like some of the udfa’s too

Interesting they got  AJ Green from Oklahoma St. He was projected to be drafted at a decent spot. Would be funny to see AJ Green intercept a pass from Joe Burrow to AJ Green.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Apr 27, 2020 11:41 AM

By God, they picked up Njokus option.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Apr 27, 2020 11:45 AM
posted by Laley23

By God, they picked up Njokus option.

Stefanski LOVES tight ends. They need as many as possible. He has sucked thus far though.

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 27, 2020 12:25 PM
posted by iclfan2

Stefanski LOVES tight ends. They need as many as possible. He has sucked thus far though.

I see where Dane had the Browns draft class ranked #3. Baltiwhore was 1st.

BR1986FB

Tue, Apr 28, 2020 3:32 PM

Browns have brought WR Rashard Higgins back on a 1 year deal.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Apr 28, 2020 3:35 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Browns have brought WR Rashard Higgins back on a 1 year deal.

Good. They need WR depth and he had horrible coaching last year. 

BR1986FB

Wed, Apr 29, 2020 10:43 PM

Liking Stefanski more & more...apparently Wills asked Joe Thomas for permission to wear the #73. JT said "sure." Stefanski said "nope." Personal opinion but I like that Stefanski respects the former players (especially a soon to be HOFer) and it sounds like JT will be working with Wills.

SportsAndLady

Thu, Apr 30, 2020 12:37 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Mary Kay Cabot@MaryKayCabot

Higgins received the vet min of 1 year 910k. Turned down more money elsewhere to return to the because he loves Mayfield

3:04 PM - Apr 28, 2020

Saw a stat that he is the first WR the browns drafted and signed to a second contract in their last 24 drafted WRs. Yikes 

BR1986FB

Thu, Apr 30, 2020 8:56 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Saw a stat that he is the first WR the browns drafted and signed to a second contract in their last 24 drafted WRs. Yikes 

Outside of Josh Gordon, who wasn't taken in the regular draft, the next best receivers I can remember them drafting were Braylon Edwards, Kevin Johnson and Dennis Northcutt, since 1999. Unless I'm missing something, not exactly a stellar crew.