2018 College Football Thread

Home Forums Sports

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Nov 1, 2018 12:56 PM

D.J. Durkin fired a day after being reinstated because, in a real shocker, neither the university's student nor a sizable number of players wanted to maintain his style of "if he dies, he dies" coaching.

slingshot4ever

Fri, Nov 2, 2018 4:10 PM

And now because they publicly stood by him and then fired him the next day he will likely sue for wrongful termination and win.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 11:17 AM

Bama won’t lose tonight; but even if they do, they won’t drop out of the top 4. Even though they should free fall if they lose.

SportsAndLady

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 11:46 AM
posted by wildcats20

Bama won’t lose tonight; but even if they do, they won’t drop out of the top 4. Even though they should free fall if they lose.

I honestly think they would drop to 2, and LSU would go to 1. The CFP rankings LOVE themselves some Bama/SEC.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 11:51 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I honestly think they would drop to 2, and LSU would go to 1. The CFP rankings LOVE themselves some Bama/SEC.

I agree. Maybe they just flip them though. But I don’t see them outside of the top 4. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 3:49 PM

Louisville still being a joke this year, giving up 77 to Clemson.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 3:51 PM

Penn State could play the biggest spoilers today. And frankly, it would make the OSU win a little stronger. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 4:58 PM

Instead of taking the ball at the 35 on a kickoff out of bounds, James Franklin has them re-kick and gives up 13 yards of field position. What a moron. Also, they have no chance in this game. 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 6:43 PM

OSU is gonna get skull fucked by Michigan.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 8:18 PM

I fucking loathe CBS.  You cannot watch Live CBS shit with a cable login (on smart TVs).  Every other sports network allows for smart TV streaming, but not fuck head CBS.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 8:24 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

I fucking loathe CBS.  You cannot watch Live CBS shit with a cable login (on smart TVs).  Every other sports network allows for smart TV streaming, but not fuck head CBS.

Gotta pay that NFL bill somehow. 

SportsAndLady

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 9:03 PM

Gary Daniels is fucking insufferable. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 10:19 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Gary Daniels is fucking insufferable. 

Wanted to play four corners offense the entire first half apparen

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 10:22 PM

And Bama has 15 guys on defense and never miss a tackle...holy smokes

SportsAndLady

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 10:36 PM

Orgeron is not a good coach, and LSU is not a top 10 team.

friendfromlowry

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 10:55 PM

Yeah this game is trash. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 11:43 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Orgeron is not a good coach, and LSU is not a top 10 team.

I think their defense keeps them right at a top 15 type team

SportsAndLady

Sat, Nov 10, 2018 2:18 PM

Florida getting blown out at home by South Carolina. Florida is the #15 ranked team in the country and have 3 losses. Think about that for a second...

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Nov 10, 2018 2:57 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Florida getting blown out at home by South Carolina. Florida is the #15 ranked team in the country and have 3 losses. Think about that for a second...

🤷🏻‍♂️

SportsAndLady

Sat, Nov 10, 2018 3:05 PM

Okay that backfired haha

friendfromlowry

Sat, Nov 10, 2018 3:37 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I've always thought that once you get past a certain point (top 10, maybe 12 this year) there's a huge dropoff. You say top 15 I say BFD. The 14th team lost the other night (at home to WF), the 16th and 17th will both likely lose tonight, the 18th is playing one of the worst games I've ever seen in my life. 

The top 25 is a handful of great, entertaining teams who deserve a playoff spot followed by about 15 teams who are blah. And if you want to argue that within those 15 are too many SEC teams then I'd probably agree with you. 

SportsAndLady

Sat, Nov 10, 2018 3:45 PM
posted by friendfromlowry
And if you want to argue that within those 15 are too many SEC teams then I'd probably agree with you. 

That's all I'm saying, basically. 

Bama is about to blow out 6-3 #16 Mississippi State, and they'll drop 2 spots "because Bama"

But 6-3 (now 6-4) Sparty will drop out of the top 25 after losing to a top 10 team.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Nov 10, 2018 3:54 PM

Bama fumble and they don’t even bother to replay it upstairs. 

SportsAndLady

Sat, Nov 10, 2018 4:00 PM
posted by wildcats20

Bama fumble and they don’t even bother to replay it upstairs. 

Clear fumble, too. SMH