2018 College Football Thread

Home Forums Sports

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Sep 27, 2018 2:59 PM
posted by iclfan2

I think it's going to get ridiculous. I'm all for being able to transfer if a coach leaves, or transfer and sit out a year, but something seems off with being able to play 3 games and then decide you are going to transfer. I don't care all that much either way though. 

I see what you're saying, but college football is a business and when it comes to the successful Power 5 schools, players are primarily going to them because they're looking for a springboard to the NFL where they can actually get legitimately paid. If situations dictate that a player isn't going to get that opportunity to showcase themselves at their current school because (at least in the case of the Clemson QB) the coach found a shiny new toy he likes a bit more than him, he's going to want to go somewhere where he can at least have the opportunity to shine and improve his stock. 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Thu, Sep 27, 2018 8:59 PM
posted by iclfan2

\something seems off with being able to play 3 games and then decide you are going to transfer. 

100% This.  Let the kids transfer... but they can play some games and have it not even count!?  WTF!?

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Sep 27, 2018 9:02 PM
posted by vball10set

I don't know what this means?

Everyone is outraged about everything.  

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Sep 29, 2018 6:07 AM

UCLA losses to Colorado last night, now 0-4 in Chip’s return to college. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Sep 29, 2018 12:49 PM

Saban just put in Hurts, so now he can’t redshirt like people were hinting at. 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Sat, Sep 29, 2018 12:54 PM
posted by wildcats20

Saban just put in Hurts, so now he can’t redshirt like people were hinting at. 

lol.  What a fucking asshole.

SportsAndLady

Sat, Sep 29, 2018 1:15 PM

Welp, goodbye Clemson (and ACC) title hopes

SportsAndLady

Sat, Sep 29, 2018 1:22 PM

Well maybe not. Thought he snapped his collarbone watching that live. Looks like a concussion

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Sep 29, 2018 1:23 PM

It won’t matter if they lose this game, committee has already proven that Clemson can lose to Syracuse without their starting QB and make the playoffs. 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Sat, Sep 29, 2018 1:52 PM

I hate the transfer rule (after already playing), but I'm loving the backfire of the rule on Clemson right now.  For the record, I think Kelly Bryant is a bitch.

slingshot4ever

Sat, Sep 29, 2018 4:22 PM

ACC is extremely weak.  Even with 3rd string QB they will coast to ACC title game

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Sep 29, 2018 5:37 PM

Wow. How do you NOT stop and review that play by the Georgia DB??? Blatant helmet to helmet. 

queencitybuckeye

Sat, Sep 29, 2018 7:12 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

I hate the transfer rule (after already playing), but I'm loving the backfire of the rule on Clemson right now.  For the record, I think Kelly Bryant is a bitch.

Why?

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Sun, Sep 30, 2018 12:02 AM

Why, what?  I made 3 statements. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Sep 30, 2018 12:08 AM

It’s incredible how much Buckeye country is also rooting for an SEC team...count me in. I wanna see Joe make it big time. Damn good kid with tremendous talent.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Sep 30, 2018 12:44 AM

Joe!

queencitybuckeye

Sun, Sep 30, 2018 8:32 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Why, what?  I made 3 statements. 

Why do you think Kelly Bryant is a bitch?

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Oct 2, 2018 9:43 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

lol.  What a fucking asshole.

I assume you're referring to Saban for putting Hurts in the game?  Why is he an asshole?  If Hurts wanted the redshirt, he probably would have been given it.  He has said over and over that he is happy with the way things are going for him at Alabama and never had any desire to transfer.  

queencitybuckeye

Tue, Oct 2, 2018 10:35 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I assume you're referring to Saban for putting Hurts in the game?  Why is he an asshole?  If Hurts wanted the redshirt, he probably would have been given it.  He has said over and over that he is happy with the way things are going for him at Alabama and never had any desire to transfer.  

If he chose not to play, he would be eligible next year, correct? I don't think he needs Satan's approval.

TrollerCoaster

Tue, Oct 2, 2018 8:32 PM

I desire a repeat of Alabama losing to Ohio State in the playoff. Those lulz were full of pleasure.

SportsAndLady

Sat, Oct 6, 2018 3:47 PM

Texas takes down Oklahoma. That Maryland win over Texas looking pretty good. 

Classyposter58

Sat, Oct 6, 2018 4:32 PM
Ohio State needs to wake up a bit here

TrollerCoaster

Mon, Oct 8, 2018 8:22 PM

I'm pulling for more than four undefeated teams at the end of the season,  to include UCF.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Oct 13, 2018 3:37 PM

Lol Rutgers QBs today went 2/17 for 8 yards and 5 picks. How is that possible? And vs Maryland no less. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Oct 13, 2018 9:16 PM

LSU should bounce up and be top 1 loss team