Covid-19 discussion, continued...

kizer permanente

Thu, Nov 11, 2021 9:10 AM

No not just deaths... people being off for weeks and months at a time. and it doesn't happen at once and bang its over.. its been happening for close to two years now. it happens like every other viral spread. It works its way thru the population. You do realize people not being at work for extended times affects production right? How many boomers have retired during covid? It's not about who has died. 

kizer permanente

Thu, Nov 11, 2021 9:12 AM
posted by jmog

Please explain how firing people for not getting a shot has helped the labor shortage then.  This will be good.

I already did... zzzzomg 10k NYC cops will quit if mandated and anarchy will take place!!!DDDWE!!!!!  oh  34 went on leave... not even quit. It's not reality. People arent quitting or getting fired. Not an any meaningful number.  They can't afford to. barely anyone in the US can. 

QuakerOats

Thu, Nov 11, 2021 10:06 AM
posted by kizer permanente

No not just deaths... people being off for weeks and months at a time. and it doesn't happen at once and bang its over.. its been happening for close to two years now. it happens like every other viral spread. It works its way thru the population. You do realize people not being at work for extended times affects production right? How many boomers have retired during covid? It's not about who has died. 

Paying people ridiculous amounts of money to NOT work is the main factor in the labor crisis.  The VAST majority of the people vulnerable to covid are not in the workforce to begin with.  The government has indeed created a national labor crisis due to overreaction, intrusion, interference, and (political) propaganda.  And a vax mandate on businesses will turn the crisis into a full blown catastrophe.  If that is not fully whacked by the courts, all hell is going to break loose. 

jmog

Thu, Nov 11, 2021 10:14 AM

You got one sentence right in that whole paragraph. It does happen every virus spread.

What's been the main difference?

In no recent (last few decades) of a major virus spread did the GOVERNMENTS OF THE WORLD SHUT SHIT DOWN. That started the economic down fall, and we have continued it by, as mentioned above, de-incentivizing people from working all together. Throw in now "get a shot or you will be fired" and you have a recipe for disaster.

Get the governments out of the way. I didn't see government shut downs and vaccine mandates with ebola, SARS, H1N1, et al and we survived those economically just fine. The only difference this time, economically, is the government got in the way.

jmog

Thu, Nov 11, 2021 10:15 AM

I already did... zzzzomg 10k NYC cops will quit if mandated and anarchy will take place!!!DDDWE!!!!!  oh  34 went on leave... not even quit. It's not reality. People arent quitting or getting fired. Not an any meaningful number.  They can't afford to. barely anyone in the US can. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/28/covid-vaccine-some-5percent-of-unvaccinated-adults-have-quit-their-jobs-over-a-mandate-survey-shows.html

Wrong, my 10-20% maybe realistic by Jan 4th mandate as 5% already have. 

Also, your statement didn't show how the mandate HELPED the labor shortage. You just claimed that it doesn't hurt, which is asinine.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Nov 11, 2021 12:19 PM
posted by justincredible

"No. No deer. Ass too high, run too fast."

I haven’t been on this thread in a bit and just scrolling down through and lost….this really caught me off guard. Big time lol

jmog

Thu, Nov 11, 2021 2:29 PM

You just cited a survey.

Are you saying the people are lying about leaving their jobs? 

kizer permanente

Thu, Nov 11, 2021 2:30 PM
posted by jmog

Are you saying the people are lying about leaving their jobs? 

I’m saying they aren’t counted numbers so they can. Yes people do lie. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Fri, Nov 12, 2021 6:47 PM

They must have created in every other country in the world too huh?

Many posters on here believe the world’s boundaries are one in the same as the US boundaries.  Tell them there are supply chain problems, Covid problems or anything similar in other countries, they come back with the tried and true “well what the US does influences their rest of the world.”  The people I know personally who make this argument are without exception those who have spent little to no time abroad, never interact with any non American and watch Fox News to stay informed.  

Automatik

Fri, Nov 12, 2021 7:58 PM

Gas price complainers are my personal fav. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Nov 12, 2021 8:27 PM
posted by Automatik

Gas price complainers are my personal fav. 

He’s been super great, I’m sure he’ll turn it around. Shutting down pipelines definitely helps the prices. 

gut

Fri, Nov 12, 2021 9:06 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tell them there are supply chain problems, Covid problems or anything similar in other countries, they come back with the tried and true “well what the US does influences their rest of the world.”  .  

There definitely are things you can, and should do, to address external supply chain problems.  Like, for instance, instead of dumping another $66B into the failed Amtrak you could have used that money to onshore stuff that threatens national security when the supply chain gets threatened.

Also, you can stop pretending people who say not enough is being done to combat inflation are claiming the US can solve global supply chain disruption.  I think even Biden disagrees with you on this one.

gut

Fri, Nov 12, 2021 9:08 PM
posted by iclfan2

He’s been super great, I’m sure he’ll turn it around. Shutting down pipelines definitely helps the prices.

Sigh.  You shutdown the pipelines so the prices rise, which brings in more tax revenue....and then you use that new revenue to spend your way out of inflation.

I thought you were smarter than this.  Pretty basic stuff.

kizer permanente

Fri, Nov 12, 2021 11:35 PM
posted by iclfan2

I could be wrong.. it wouldn’t be the first time .. but what pipelines has he shutdown ? I know Keystone. Are there others? 

bigorangebuck22

Sat, Nov 13, 2021 8:44 AM

I could be wrong.. it wouldn’t be the first time .. but what pipelines has he shutdown ? I know Keystone. Are there others? 

Keystone XL, which never carried so much as a teaspoon full, was cancelled. Keystone is still operational.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Nov 13, 2021 9:10 AM

I don’t actually think Biden has caused the prices to go up in this short term (from pipelines), but shutting down any pipeline (they were also looking at one in Michigan but has since backtracked) and pausing drilling lease permits isn’t a good policy for the future. 

superman

Sun, Nov 14, 2021 8:20 AM

He is definitely considering another.

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-admin-considering-shutting-down-223448782.html

Fletch

Sun, Nov 14, 2021 1:52 PM
posted by iclfan2

I don’t actually think Biden has caused the prices to go up in this short term (from pipelines), but shutting down any pipeline (they were also looking at one in Michigan but has since backtracked) and pausing drilling lease permits isn’t a good policy for the future. 

Do you think we would have this price under Trump?

QuakerOats

Mon, Nov 15, 2021 10:59 AM
posted by bigorangebuck22

Keystone XL, which never carried so much as a teaspoon full, was cancelled. Keystone is still operational.

False; there are several phases of the Keystone that have been in operation for years. 

kizer permanente

Mon, Nov 15, 2021 11:01 AM
posted by QuakerOats

False; there are several phases of the Keystone that have been in operation for years. 

not the Keystone XL extension. which is exactly what he said.

QuakerOats

Mon, Nov 15, 2021 1:56 PM

not the Keystone XL extension. which is exactly what he said.

The southern leg of Keystone XL has been operational for over 7 years; the northern leg of Keystone XL is the segment that has been  halted.  Each are an extension of the Keystone Pipeline System.  

j_crazy

7 gram rocks. how i roll.

Mon, Nov 15, 2021 2:17 PM

Mariner East 2 pipeline was shut down by lefties in PA. not a huge deal now other than killing the gas prices people can get for their gas in PA/WV/OH. but in like 6-10 years when gas shortages start hitting areas outside of those 3 states there will be issues.

kizer permanente

Mon, Nov 15, 2021 3:13 PM
posted by j_crazy

Mariner East 2 pipeline was shut down by lefties in PA. not a huge deal now other than killing the gas prices people can get for their gas in PA/WV/OH. but in like 6-10 years when gas shortages start hitting areas outside of those 3 states there will be issues.

I never heard about this