Progressives, part 3...

Home Forums Politics

QuakerOats

Mon, Nov 6, 2023 1:46 PM

ftx democrats ukraine tax money donors

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Dec 2, 2023 12:37 PM

I’m sure most have seen this by now, but some absolute mentally handicapped people have gone after a 7 year old for dressing up for the Chiefs game. Including Blackstone from ATH. This shit needs to die. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Dec 5, 2023 9:27 PM

Ivy League be wildin'

brutus161

The Navy Guy

Wed, Dec 6, 2023 8:39 AM

They should have picked a different group (gays, black people, Mexicans, Muslims, etc.) and asked the same question. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Dec 6, 2023 9:30 AM
posted by justincredible

Ivy League be wildin'

The people who needed safe spaces and cry if people are misgendered, have no issue with this. Oct 7 had broken the libs brains. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Dec 6, 2023 9:30 AM
posted by brutus161

They should have picked a different group (gays, black people, Mexicans, Muslims, etc.) and asked the same question. 

Yep. 

QuakerOats

Wed, Dec 6, 2023 11:36 AM
posted by justincredible

Ivy League be wildin'

The psychosis is real. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Dec 6, 2023 4:11 PM

She could've said this under oath yesterday, several times, but didn't. Take that for what it's worth.

brutus161

The Navy Guy

Thu, Dec 7, 2023 10:19 AM

When a sports show has a better understanding of what is acceptable than supposed higher thinkers.

QuakerOats

Thu, Dec 7, 2023 11:40 AM
posted by justincredible

She could've said this under oath yesterday, several times, but didn't. Take that for what it's worth.

So it's OUR fault that WE are confused.     JFC

What a cancerous cabal of pretentious, arrogant, mendacious leftists.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Dec 7, 2023 1:42 PM

posted by justincredible

That looks like one of those "I said something and now am getting a lot of flack from donors and alumni, so I'm gonna do damage control by acting like what I said wasn't exactly what I said even though what I said was recorded and everyone knows." attempts to save face. Doesn't seem like it's really working, but to each their own!

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Dec 7, 2023 9:18 PM
posted by justincredible

Ivy League be wildin'

The president of MIT is Jewish.

Harvard and Penn both have Jewish enrollees proportionally at 5-6 times greater than the proportion of Jews to US population.  I don’t think these places are bastions of antisemitism.  

gut

Fri, Dec 8, 2023 4:14 AM

Gotta be tough to be a leftist these days keeping track of when it's OK to victim shame and not.

jmog

Fri, Dec 8, 2023 4:52 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

The president of MIT is Jewish.

Harvard and Penn both have Jewish enrollees proportionally at 5-6 times greater than the proportion of Jews to US population.  I don’t think these places are bastions of antisemitism.  

Then you haven’t paid attention to the protests and social media firestorms around these universities lately.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Fri, Dec 8, 2023 5:57 AM
posted by jmog

Then you haven’t paid attention to the protests and social media firestorms around these universities lately.

I’m aware of them of the protests.  I don’t look at social media.  I don’t excuse anything someone says about genocide.  But I don’t believe the Ivy League schools are bastions of antisemitism.

gut

Fri, Dec 8, 2023 9:50 AM

I’m aware of them of the protests.  I don’t look at social media.  I don’t excuse anything someone says about genocide.  But I don’t believe the Ivy League schools are bastions of antisemitism.

Well, it's more subtle than that.  They tolerate anti-semitic speech, when similar racist speech targeted at other groups would result in expulsion.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sat, Dec 9, 2023 8:34 AM
posted by gut

Well, it's more subtle than that.  They tolerate anti-semitic speech, when similar racist speech targeted at other groups would result in expulsion.

And Jewish students/faculty/admin have a huge outsized presence at all of those schools.  If they don’t want hate speech toward Jews, they have plenty of power and influence to stop it.  Asking the Jewish president of a university with a large portion of Jewish students and a huge Jewish alumni network if her school tolerates antisemitism is ridiculous.

These Ivy League type schools are liberal - always have been.  They’ve always had students who have said things almost shocking.  I believe the Harvard newspaper took a position on the side of Japan after Pearl Harbor.  Personally I don’t care because these idiots are never more than noisemakers.  They’re no more dangerous today than they were 80 years ago.

To me the most pathetic part of this testimony is this congresswoman using as a chance to get her 15 minutes by acting self righteous and outraged.  Another worthless act by our congress.

queencitybuckeye

Sat, Dec 9, 2023 11:37 AM

Asking the Jewish president of a university with a large portion of Jewish students and a huge Jewish alumni network if her school tolerates antisemitism is ridiculous.

Less ridiculous than simply giving the only correct answer which would be "absolutely not".

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sat, Dec 9, 2023 11:42 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye
Less ridiculous than simply giving the only correct answer which would be "absolutely not".

I agree.  I just don’t find elite academics talking in circles anything new or outrage generating.  This congresswoman is using the old playbook of teeing up easy targets to perpetuate rage and thereby make herself look in some way helpful.

gut

Sat, Dec 9, 2023 11:50 AM

And Jewish students/faculty/admin have a huge outsized presence at all of those schools.  If they don’t want hate speech toward Jews, they have plenty of power and influence to stop it.  Asking the Jewish president of a university with a large portion of Jewish students and a huge Jewish alumni network if her school tolerates antisemitism is ridiculous.

I'm curious if you can spot the racism in your above post.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sat, Dec 9, 2023 12:18 PM
posted by gut

I'm curious if you can spot the racism in your above post.

Please point it out for me.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Dec 9, 2023 5:09 PM

How do the Ivy leagues still even have the reputation they do? Absolute lib trash, and everyone basically gets an A anyway. 

Kinda ironic how the Jews overwhelmingly vote lib. You get what you vote for. We saw it during Covid and obviously now. Not gonna get sympathy from me… 

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Sat, Dec 9, 2023 6:49 PM

Can't call anybody the N-word, wetback, rice burner, wop, etc.

But if the population proportions are just right, it's ok to call for genocide, because (checks notes) we shouldn't be surprised by any crazy logic that the bloo team spouts off.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Dec 9, 2023 6:54 PM

Lol the president of Penn has resigned.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Dec 10, 2023 10:49 AM
posted by iclfan2

Lol the president of Penn has resigned.

This was my point.  The student body at Penn is almost 20% Jewish and the alumni base is higher than that.  If Jewish members of the Penn community don’t like what’s being said there, they are in a strong position to affect change.  Penn is not an antisemitic environment.  Some people that go there clearly are antisemitic, but so what.  Outside of making a lot of noise, they have no substantive influence.