2020 Presidential Election thread

Home Forums Politics

Automatik

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 2:25 PM

You mean 40% of 1000.

Spock

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 2:51 PM

Debates will crush both Biden and Kamala......she wont be able to go at Pence.  He is a cool cucumber.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 3:02 PM
posted by justincredible

Gary Johnson got 3% of the vote (4.4 million total) in 2016. I'd like to think Jo Jorgensen will exceed that total, but I'm not sure.

I don't think she will.

gut

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 3:03 PM
posted by MontyBrunswick

and my point is that voters are fluid and can flip parties between elections. it is of my opinion that trump is going to lose those "in flux" voters who don't just blindly vote down party lines (like third party voters).

are you understanding yet?

Then WTF bring up 2016 when it doesn't support your opinion?

MontyBrunswick

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 3:10 PM
posted by gut

Then WTF bring up 2016 when it doesn't support your opinion?

...so you don't understand it then.

Oh well. I guess this is what I get for getting into the stupidity that is the Chatter politics forum.

jmog

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 4:07 PM
posted by Automatik

You mean 40% of 1000.

But but...the polls!

You are not wrong, but the margin of error here is +/-4% with 1000 polled in a 300+ million population. So it is not that far off.

gut

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 5:04 PM
posted by MontyBrunswick

I think they'll want to vote for not Trump.

I suspect the third-party candidates won't get nearly as many votes this year as they did in 2016 and people will opt for Biden instead

You specifically referenced less people voting 3rd party and going for Biden.  I said ALL of them in 2016 could have voted for Hillary and it wouldn't have changed anything.

Don't be Spock-lite and mock other people because you don't understand what you fucking wrote.

MontyBrunswick

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 5:16 PM
posted by gut

You specifically referenced less people voting 3rd party and going for Biden.  I said ALL of them in 2016 could have voted for Hillary and it wouldn't have changed anything.

Don't be Spock-lite and mock other people because you don't understand what you fucking wrote.

you seem upset. are you upset? it's not my fault you can't digest what you've read.

i wasn't suggesting that third-party voters would be the end-all-be-all deciders of the 2020 election. i implied that they will lean into D's favor.

compared to 2016's number i would expect less overall to go towards third-party candidates in the 2020 election.

Spock

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 5:22 PM

Kamala Harris just blamed Trump for corona virus on live TV......whats sad is that some people will believe that.

MontyBrunswick

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 5:23 PM
posted by Spock

whats sad is that some people will believe that.

hmmm

Automatik

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 5:54 PM

Love the irony!

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 6:18 PM
posted by Spock

Kamala Harris just blamed Trump for corona virus on live TV......whats sad is that some people will believe that.

Said by the person who believes EVERYTHING that suits his poli-agenda.

Your combination of utter stupidity and no self-awareness whatsoever is totally hilarious.

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 6:59 PM

Jo J. - not a fan of her falling with the woke crowd.

Biden: as someone who caretakes my mother who is in mental decline I can see certain tells. With slurred words, no filter, combative characteristics and forgetting what he's saying 1/2 way through sentences, I can see signs of dementia.

I don't say this with any sense of schadenfreude, either. It's frustrating for caretakers and a mental prison for the one actually living it. 

I know it's been a meme on Twitter for sometime but I can say with some 1st hand experience that it's rather mean to be parading him around. I despise the man's politics but that doesn't mean I've lost all sense of compassion for his situation.

Ptown I know you want a democrat in the presidency in the worst way (or anybody besides trump) but this is probably not the thing to cover your eyes for man. 

friendfromlowry

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 8:06 PM

It’s almost like we should stop sending men in their mid-70s to be the President! 

SportsAndLady

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 8:17 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

It’s almost like we should stop sending men in their mid-70s to be the President! 

Love the South Park episode of giant douche vs shit sandwich

Rings true almost every election

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 8:37 PM
posted by QuakerOats

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/keen-observers-point-out-unusual-elements-of-bidens-instagram-post-with-harris

...had to have a script and holds the phone upside down.  smh.  I know someone who had dementia who would try to change tv channels by pushing buttons on the telephone.

We get it...you knew someone with dementia. Now that you've stated this numerous times, let it rest. Most people have some experience with this. Yours is not unique. 

friendfromlowry

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 8:47 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

We get it...you knew someone with dementia. Now that you've stated this numerous times, let it rest. Most people have some experience with this. Yours is not unique. 

Especially when he’s not even arguing with anyone here. We all agree he’s probably too old. 

geeblock

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 9:07 PM

SportsAndLady

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 9:30 PM
posted by geeblock

Just cracks me up that we’ve had 3.5 years of dumb shit like this being said, then as soon as the dems pick their guy, the right calls out Biden’s dumb comments and become doctors and diagnoses dementia. 

Partisanship is funny

geeblock

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 10:12 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Just cracks me up that we’ve had 3.5 years of dumb shit like this being said, then as soon as the dems pick their guy, the right calls out Biden’s dumb comments and become doctors and diagnoses dementia. 

Partisanship is funny

Exactly. We have three months left of getting Biden’s every word dissected while trump says dumb stuff everyday and it’s crickets. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 10:12 PM

No shit. What do you expect? Biden is dumb, Trump is dumb, Kamala is dumb. It’s a race to see what people vote for the dumbest. Hence why this country is dumb.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 10:14 PM
posted by geeblock

Exactly. We have three months left of getting Biden’s every word dissected while trump says dumb stuff everyday and it’s crickets. 

Biden is def worse than Trump from anyone objectively. He’s borderline retarded. 

geeblock

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 10:27 PM
posted by iclfan2

Biden is def worse than Trump from anyone objectively. He’s borderline retarded. 

Trump suggested injecting ultraviolet light and disinfectant directly into to veins of people.  

SportsAndLady

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 10:49 PM
posted by iclfan2

He’s not. You just don’t like him and his politics.