2020 Presidential Election thread

Home Forums Politics

kizer permanente

Thu, Jul 9, 2020 7:18 PM

So I guess you should change your post. 

We know with Trump that we’ll ruin Some Industries for a select few companies but we might bail some of them out if they typically vote for us! 

Spock

Thu, Jul 9, 2020 8:06 PM
posted by kizer permanente

So I guess you should change your post. 

We know with Trump that we’ll ruin Some Industries for a select few companies but we might bail some of them out if they typically vote for us! 

Trump is actually trying to reverse 40 years of complete economic failures when it comes to trade deals.

breaking a few eggs is likely but in the long term, history will see it as complete success.

SportsAndLady

Thu, Jul 9, 2020 8:27 PM
posted by Spock

Trump is actually trying to reverse 40 years of complete economic failures when it comes to trade deals.

breaking a few eggs is likely but in the long term, history will see it as complete success.

Trump is a failure. There’s a reason he is losing in polls by a substantial margin to someone who couldn’t even tell you what state he’s in  

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Jul 9, 2020 8:48 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Trump is a failure. There’s a reason he is losing in polls by a substantial margin to someone who couldn’t even tell you what state he’s in  

Don’t disagree with your premise, Trump does suck, but national polls don’t mean shit. He’s still losing some swing states he got in 2016, but not “substantially”. I don’t see how he wins in 2020 other than Biden getting sent to a home a month or two before the election. And no thavoice, he is probably ready to gtfo of the White House. There is no upside for an already rich person to be president. 

kizer permanente

Thu, Jul 9, 2020 9:20 PM
posted by Spock

JFC 

SportsAndLady

Thu, Jul 9, 2020 9:23 PM
posted by iclfan2

Don’t disagree with your premise, Trump does suck, but national polls don’t mean shit. He’s still losing some swing states he got in 2016, but not “substantially”. I don’t see how he wins in 2020 other than Biden getting sent to a home a month or two before the election. And no thavoice, he is probably ready to gtfo of the White House. There is no upside for an already rich person to be president. 

My comment was simply for CC. He legit thinks trump is some savior. What a moron

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Jul 9, 2020 9:26 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

My comment was simply for CC. He legit thinks trump is some savior. What a moron

Fair

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Jul 9, 2020 9:35 PM

ptown_trojans_1

Fri, Jul 10, 2020 9:08 AM
posted by thavoice

This election is going to be such a shitshow of epic proportions.

If Trump wins, we will have widespread riots like we have never seen before.

If that Biden guy wins, I foresee Trump barricading himself into the WH and not coming out.

We can only hope that as bad as it gets that we have hit rock bottom in our political system.  We are already hitting rock bottom in candidates, but lets hope this is finally the absolute worst it gets and in 4 years when the R's put up someone to run against Biden in his reelection that the US is in a much better place.

All great civilizations implode from within, and we are getting close. 

I wouldn't say we are going to implode. We have been through worse and made it through it. 

I go back and forth on whether Trump will just concede. If a large portion in swing states of the vote is delayed for whatever reason, mail in due to COVID restrictions or whatever, he could just not accept the results. He may say it is rigged liked he threaten in 2016. What then? I am of the view that we may not know who won for at least a day or two. He may exploit that to throw doubt into the process.

Then again, maybe if he sees he is losing he just says fuck it and I'm done. 

If Trump wins, I do see some sort of protests and then violence in some cities. 

ptown_trojans_1

Fri, Jul 10, 2020 9:10 AM
posted by Spock

At least with Trump you know what you are getting......solid economy, low taxes, cheap energy.

With Biden.....crap shoot cause he wont be running anything and the far left agenda is scary.

That was all pre-COVID and George Floyd. We live in a new world and Trump, according to all the polls, sucks at addressing this new world. Kinda hard to campaign on those issues when the virus is still going on. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Jul 10, 2020 9:29 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I wouldn't say we are going to implode. We have been through worse and made it through it. 

I go back and forth on whether Trump will just concede. If a large portion in swing states of the vote is delayed for whatever reason, mail in due to COVID restrictions or whatever, he could just not accept the results. He may say it is rigged liked he threaten in 2016. What then? I am of the view that we may not know who won for at least a day or two. He may exploit that to throw doubt into the process.

Then again, maybe if he sees he is losing he just says fuck it and I'm done. 

If Trump wins, I do see some sort of protests and then violence in some cities. 

So, basically what democrats and the media have done for 4 years.

ptown_trojans_1

Fri, Jul 10, 2020 9:40 AM
posted by like_that
So, basically what democrats and the media have done for 4 years.

If you say so. I am more referring to Trump saying the results of the election are rigged and he won't accept them. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Jul 10, 2020 10:22 AM

If you say so. I am more referring to Trump saying the results of the election are rigged and he won't accept them. 

And I am saying the Democrats haven't accepted the election results of 2016 yet.

Spock

Fri, Jul 10, 2020 10:27 AM

You guys are complete idiots.  Why dont you study and look at trade deals over the past 30 years and realize what Trump did when he got into office to stop the flow of trillions of dollars and millions of jobs out of this country.

THere is a reason why the indicators of our economy took off 3 years ago.  Unemployment down to record levels, GDP went wild, stock market with 1,000 records.

I dont have to be a Trump nuthugger but he surely makes Obama look like a fool when he said "those jobs are never coming back".

ptown_trojans_1

Fri, Jul 10, 2020 10:42 AM
posted by like_that

And I am saying the Democrats haven't accepted the election results of 2016 yet.

I think a lot of them have, the party leaders mianly.  The impeachment trial was the last grasp at that. It seems the Ds have now thrown their efforts into just beating Trump later this year. They also probably seen the polling that focusing on anything that would overturn 2016, whether it is impeachment, Trump's tax returns, Russia stuff, etc polls really badly. No one cares right now about that shit. 

ptown_trojans_1

Fri, Jul 10, 2020 10:45 AM
posted by Spock

You guys are complete idiots.  Why dont you study and look at trade deals over the past 30 years and realize what Trump did when he got into office to stop the flow of trillions of dollars and millions of jobs out of this country.

THere is a reason why the indicators of our economy took off 3 years ago.  Unemployment down to record levels, GDP went wild, stock market with 1,000 records.

I dont have to be a Trump nuthugger but he surely makes Obama look like a fool when he said "those jobs are never coming back".

I think all of that is largely irrelevant. The virus has completely upended everything. The idea that we will go back to the old normal is a fantasy. People care about how to deal with the virus and employment post-virus. People so far see Trump as failing to address the virus. There is a reason why his approval rating is at its lowest. 

SportsAndLady

Fri, Jul 10, 2020 10:47 AM
posted by Spock

Seek help

Spock

Fri, Jul 10, 2020 10:47 AM

I think all of that is largely irrelevant. The virus has completely upended everything. The idea that we will go back to the old normal is a fantasy. People care about how to deal with the virus and employment post-virus. People so far see Trump as failing to address the virus. There is a reason why his approval rating is at its lowest. 

Could you imagine the Biden economy getting hit with this?  It would be ten times worse.

By the time summer is over, Trump economy will be better then the non corona economy of the Obama years.

Spock

Fri, Jul 10, 2020 10:48 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Link?

ptown_trojans_1

Fri, Jul 10, 2020 10:50 AM
posted by Spock

Could you imagine the Biden economy getting hit with this?  It would be ten times worse.

By the time summer is over, Trump economy will be better then the non corona economy of the Obama years.

If cases keep spiking and deaths keep climbing, then no the economy will largely be the same as it is now, if not worse. 

Spock

Fri, Jul 10, 2020 10:51 AM

If cases keep spiking and deaths keep climbing, then no the economy will largely be the same as it is now, if not worse. 

But deaths arent rising, mid June we actually met the criteria to reduce this to non-pandemic stage.  Did the media stop using that term?  Nope.

ptown_trojans_1

Fri, Jul 10, 2020 10:53 AM
posted by Spock

But deaths arent rising, mid June we actually met the criteria to reduce this to non-pandemic stage.  Did the media stop using that term?  Nope.

Did you not see the death results the last two days?