2020 Presidential Election thread

Home Forums Politics

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Jan 21, 2021 9:39 PM
posted by iclfan2

Funny how it’s only an idea or a media construct (which is hilarious bc the media does all they can to not even talk about it) on one side. 

I don't mean that there aren't people there rioting and doing whatever else. I just mean that they're a bunch of lunatics and not part of some sort of entity called "Antifa". My original point on this was to a geeblock post where he was saying "these weren't Antifa, they were anarchists".  That's let me saying "they weren't dorks, they were geeks."

geeblock

Thu, Jan 21, 2021 10:25 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I don't mean that there aren't people there rioting and doing whatever else. I just mean that they're a bunch of lunatics and not part of some sort of entity called "Antifa". My original point on this was to a geeblock post where he was saying "these weren't Antifa, they were anarchists".  That's let me saying "they weren't dorks, they were geeks."

No it was an actual group from what I read and they weren’t antifa. They have their own agenda. Not sure why that’s so hard to understand.

ptown_trojans_1

Fri, Jan 22, 2021 11:17 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Does it really matter what they're called?  Antifa seems more like a media construct. It's not like there's some central Antifa organization, is there?  So Antifa, anarchists. - what's the difference?

It matters if you look at it from a counter terrorism point of view. The goals and tactics are different. It is like say the difference between Hamas and Hezbollah. Both radical terrorist organizations, but different. Same with right organizations like the Proud Boys and Oathkeepers. Same, but different. 

ptown_trojans_1

Fri, Jan 22, 2021 11:22 AM
posted by Fletch

To ignore the connection between the silent media/antifa/the democrats is just a way of making you look stupid.  

They are all in bed together

Does that same logic apply to the QAnon/ Proud Boys/ Oathkeepers group and the Republicans or not? 

I don't think so, nor do I think your statement is accurate. 

jmog

Fri, Jan 22, 2021 11:28 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

It matters if you look at it from a counter terrorism point of view. The goals and tactics are different. It is like say the difference between Hamas and Hezbollah. Both radical terrorist organizations, but different. Same with right organizations like the Proud Boys and Oathkeepers. Same, but different. 

Agreed, same but different. To be honest, never heard of Oathkeepers, may have to look up what those loons believe.

ptown_trojans_1

Fri, Jan 22, 2021 11:32 AM
posted by jmog

Agreed, same but different. To be honest, never heard of Oathkeepers, may have to look up what those loons believe.

Oh, it is a fun deep dive. I talked to my sister in law in the Army about them the other day. She mentioned they are all over military's bases and a great recruiter of former soldiers. She also said she has studied them in her insurgency class she took a year ago. They use classic insurgency tactics and language. Same goes to the 3%. They are also some loons. 

Spock

Wed, Jan 27, 2021 11:13 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Does that same logic apply to the QAnon/ Proud Boys/ Oathkeepers group and the Republicans or not? 

I don't think so, nor do I think your statement is accurate. 

No it doesnt.  BLM and ANTIFA are being enabled and allowed to openly break the law, riot, burn down federal buildings and private property.  The media puts them on TV and gives them a platform to spew their hate and violence.

The proud boys and other right wing groups dont have the privilege of being protected by elected officials and the media.

Can you site one time that the "radical" right has taken over a city block for a "summer of love?"

ptown_trojans_1

Wed, Jan 27, 2021 2:32 PM
posted by Spock

No it doesnt.  BLM and ANTIFA are being enabled and allowed to openly break the law, riot, burn down federal buildings and private property.  The media puts them on TV and gives them a platform to spew their hate and violence.

The proud boys and other right wing groups dont have the privilege of being protected by elected officials and the media.

Can you site one time that the "radical" right has taken over a city block for a "summer of love?"

Didn't they just try to take the US Capitol this month? 

Automatik

Wed, Jan 27, 2021 2:54 PM

Great timing. Proud Boys leader turns out to be a rat. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Jan 27, 2021 4:44 PM
posted by Automatik

Great timing. Proud Boys leader turns out to be a rat. 

geeblock

Fri, Feb 5, 2021 11:34 AM

Lol some people need to say this before they post 

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Sun, Feb 7, 2021 4:47 AM

For the record there are cells of branded antifa and of course we know that there are antifa that are not. I'd say that in general they are so far left that they hate liberals too. Hence you see spray-painted sometimes "liberals get the bullet too".

And while antifa and BLM might have a co-dependent relationship now, at some point they will be the targets of antifa. BLM made a huge goof accepting them and at some point it will bite them in the ass.

gut

Sun, Feb 7, 2021 2:42 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan
BLM made a huge goof accepting them and at some point it will bite them in the ass.

Did they?  Or does Antifa just sort of show up at every "peaceful agitation"?

Going to be interesting to see how the liberals deal with their growing BLM problem.  They don't know they have a problem, yet, but just wait until another there's another bad shoot.  Ginning up the mob usually doesn't end well, for anyone.

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Sun, Feb 7, 2021 3:23 PM
posted by gut

Did they?  Or does Antifa just sort of show up at every "peaceful agitation"?

I've never seen any BLM organizers or participants telling them to get the hell away from them. Have you?

No, they've been as snug as bugs in a rug doing their business together. Mutual acceptance.

gut

Sun, Feb 7, 2021 3:29 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I've never seen any BLM organizers or participants telling them to get the hell away from them. Have you?

I don't know.  Do you have any clips of BLM sharing the stage and mic with Antifa?  Or photos of them meeting together to strategize?

Fletch

Sun, Feb 7, 2021 9:59 PM

When their methods are all the same ....who cares.  Both groups are literally terroris geoups

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Mon, Feb 8, 2021 3:25 AM
posted by gut
I don't know.  Do you have any clips of BLM sharing the stage and mic with Antifa?  Or photos of them meeting together to strategize?

Nope.

My point was is that they have been accepting each other and doing their shit side by side with no problems. Acceptance. 

It's going to bite one of them in the ass and it won't be antifa

gut

Mon, Feb 8, 2021 6:38 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Nope.

I figured as much

queencitybuckeye

Mon, Feb 8, 2021 8:22 AM
posted by gut

Lack of speaking out against them constitutes acceptance IMO.

gut

Mon, Feb 8, 2021 3:41 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

That describes pretty much the entire Democratic party and their media.

Spock

Mon, Feb 8, 2021 4:27 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Their silence is deafening

Devils Advocate

Brudda o da bomber

Mon, Feb 8, 2021 5:13 PM

I have an interesting question since y’all brought it up. Do y’all feel the same silence for the Trumpies and the Republicans?😇

Spock

Mon, Feb 8, 2021 5:42 PM
posted by Devils Advocate

I have an interesting question since y’all brought it up. Do y’all feel the same silence for the Trumpies and the Republicans?😇

About?

queencitybuckeye

Mon, Feb 8, 2021 6:07 PM
posted by Devils Advocate

Define "The Trumpies"

Devils Advocate

Brudda o da bomber

Mon, Feb 8, 2021 10:54 PM

A Trumpie is anyone that supports the Donald so much that they believe that Stop the steal was a viable solution to their  dismay that the orange fucker lost and that they could stop theyb could overtake the capital when congress was in session and that it didn’t matter because it was a cause that they supported