2020 Presidential Election thread

Home Forums Politics

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 9:20 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Kinda nice to see a normal poltical speech right? 

Not really. Therein lies the problem. You may not like Trump. But one of his appeals was that he wasn't a career politician. Biden is right back to the same DC empty talk that has gone on for decades.

There is a reason people are tired of these guys that make a career of this stuff. Biden is Exhibit A. I hope he does well for the US, but I find his election to be a huge regression. 

gut

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 9:24 PM
posted by fish82

Imagine being as angry as PTown after your guy literally just won lol.  đŸ˜‚

Almost like this millennial I saw on tv, near tears, talking about what a historic election it was and how Biden was going to save the planet.

I mean, there's a chance McConnell will work with Biden...but saying I don't expect that to happen has pretty much nothing to do with Biden himself.

It's not like the media and Repubs are taking up collections and lining up Russian collusion stories the next day....but Ptown is very upset people might not give Biden a chance, as if he's some great unknown.

gut

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 9:27 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Not really. Therein lies the problem. You may not like Trump. But one of his appeals was that he wasn't a career politician. Biden is right back to the same DC empty talk that has gone on for decades.

I'm just mad it cut off that much of the games.  But, to be fair, it's a historic moment with the first female POTUS. 

fish82

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 9:31 PM

I certainly get anyone who is happy that Drumpf is gone...that’s completely fair. 

It’s kinda funny though how everyone is just sort of glossing over the fact that those poor pubs pretty much owned the rest of the election nationwide, even with the record turnout. 

Any hardcore gop’er has to be feeling pretty damn good about 2022/2024 right now. 

sportchampps

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 9:37 PM

The good thing is Biden/Harris are going to look bad if they go out and put America back in another war over oil. Trump managed to avoid conflict and hopefully We can do the same again for another 4 years and not spend needless money.

BRF

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 11:15 PM
posted by Gardens35

Seemed  OK physically as well.

Yeah, his jog down the ramp was impressive.

gut

Sun, Nov 8, 2020 2:00 AM
posted by BRF
Yeah, his jog down the ramp was impressive.

Ummm....Let me think....WTF?!?

Spock

Sun, Nov 8, 2020 8:05 AM

Kinda nice to see a normal poltical speech right? 

Nobody wants normal swamp politics.  Dc just went back to DC.  Not good for the average American

Spock

Sun, Nov 8, 2020 8:19 AM

Every does realize what just happened last night dont you?  

THe media and the left declared the president for optics and political BS.  He hasnt actually won anything yet.  But by putting that all on he has shifted public opinion and it will be hard to convince everyone when the truth comes out.

Al Bundy

Sun, Nov 8, 2020 9:40 AM
posted by Spock

Every does realize what just happened last night dont you?  

THe media and the left declared the president for optics and political BS.  He hasnt actually won anything yet.  But by putting that all on he has shifted public opinion and it will be hard to convince everyone when the truth comes out.

Can we see your calculations and projections? Maybe the stats experts for each media source had their decimal point in a different position.

Automatik

Sun, Nov 8, 2020 10:39 AM

I’m really enjoying the flailing from the Trump contingent. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Nov 8, 2020 12:19 PM

There is a reason people are tired of these guys that make a career of this stuff. Biden is Exhibit A. I hope he does well for the US, but I find his election to be a huge regression. 

A statement that would mean more if more of Trump's speeches were actually useful and not a combination of him praising himself in ways that made fact-checkers work overtime and him complaining about how he's treated so unfairly and how that question was really mean.

Fab4Runner

Tits McGee

Sun, Nov 8, 2020 12:43 PM

The fact that anyone could think Donald Trump's behavior and rhetoric is appropriate, especially as the leader of the free world, is very depressing. It's one thing to like his policies. To excuse and/or encourage his shitty personality and lying...it's a no from me. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Nov 8, 2020 12:49 PM
posted by Heretic
A statement that would mean more if more of Trump's speeches were actually useful and not a combination of him praising himself in ways that made fact-checkers work overtime and him complaining about how he's treated so unfairly and how that question was really mean.

I'm not condoning Trump's style. My point is that Trump's primary appeal to a huge swath of voters is that he wasn't a career Washington insider. The Dems and Reps miss this in general. Biden may be a "change" from Trump's style. But he's far from a "change" in the overarching leadership of the country when he's made a career of representative government. The Republicans in the Congress who will be working with him are much the same. I just don't see any of this as a step forward. It's the same stuff we've always had with the exception of a four year window. 

Spock

Sun, Nov 8, 2020 1:25 PM
posted by Fab4Runner

The fact that anyone could think Donald Trump's behavior and rhetoric is appropriate, especially as the leader of the free world, is very depressing. It's one thing to like his policies. To excuse and/or encourage his shitty personality and lying...it's a no from me. 

And now you have the leader of the free world as a criminal selling American influence to his family

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Nov 8, 2020 5:25 PM
posted by Spock

And now you have the leader of the free world as a criminal selling American influence to his family

Get a grip. I doubt any politician has not benefitted in some way. Doesn't make it right, but that's what you'd expect from a career guy like Biden. You think Jared, Ivanka and the other Jr Trump's haven't benefitted immensely from this and that their situations don't come with expectations of access to their father?  Get real. 

Spock

Sun, Nov 8, 2020 6:04 PM

Get a grip. I doubt any politician has not benefitted in some way. Doesn't make it right, but that's what you'd expect from a career guy like Biden. You think Jared, Ivanka and the other Jr Trump's haven't benefitted immensely from this and that their situations don't come with expectations of access to their father?  Get real. 

Go ahead and find anything on par with what the Bidens have done.  Dont post that stupid licensing BS in China also.  Trump family has to do that because Chinese government doesnt regulate the knock off market

jmog

Sun, Nov 8, 2020 9:22 PM

Are you even going to give Biden a shot? 

The conservatives are still waiting for the left to give Trump a “shot”. It’s only been 4 years. 

jmog

Sun, Nov 8, 2020 9:34 PM

Part of me is glad the asshole is gone. 

Part of me realizes the assholes actual policies are better for the economy than what Biden/Harris has said theirs would be, and that isn’t even close. 

I hope it goes well, and this election was definitely a “we like conservatives but don’t like Trump” election. 

Gained house seats and kept the senate in a cycle that wasn’t great for Rs in the senate. 

gut

Sun, Nov 8, 2020 9:40 PM
posted by BRF

Apparently you missed his entrance.?

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-politics/joe-biden-delivers-first-speech-after-winning-us-presidential-election/news-story/6271414de33a34fbf0a43c9aebbf1565

Maybe you do not, but I find that impressive.

LOL, OK.....yeah, fantastic WWE-style entrance.  I thought maybe you were referring to Trump stumbling down the plank exiting the carrier.

Biden DID look pretty spritely jogging there.  I think we all wish to have that mobility at 78.

gut

Sun, Nov 8, 2020 9:43 PM
posted by jmog

Part of me is glad the asshole is gone.

Pretty spot on.  It would have been fun to see heads explode, but that novelty wore-off a few years ago.

As long as Repubs hold the Senate, I really don't give a shit.  More crying that we've become accustomed to over the past 14+ years while absolutely nothing changes for 99% of the country.

BRF

Sun, Nov 8, 2020 10:15 PM
posted by gut

Biden DID look pretty spritely jogging there.  I think we all wish to have that mobility at 78.

Yes, that’s what I meant. 

And LOL at your WWF entrance comparison!  đŸ˜†

sportchampps

Sun, Nov 8, 2020 10:21 PM
posted by gut

Pretty spot on.  It would have been fun to see heads explode, but that novelty wore-off a few years ago.

As long as Repubs hold the Senate, I really don't give a shit.  More crying that we've become accustomed to over the past 14+ years while absolutely nothing changes for 99% of the country.

Agreed plus it’s pretty nice to see Dems turning on AOC and blaming her and the squad for losing house seats

jmog

Sun, Nov 8, 2020 10:28 PM
posted by sportchampps

Agreed plus it’s pretty nice to see Dems turning on AOC and blaming her and the squad for losing house seats

Link? Would love to see this