2020 Presidential Election thread

Home Forums Politics

friendfromlowry

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 9:52 PM

Everything about this is very irritating. 

gut

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 10:09 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Everything about this is very irritating. 

I understand % can swing wildly between certain districts, but for the past day and half it sure as hell didn't look like there were enough ballots left in GA for Biden to win.  But seems like he's getting damn near 80%, and they keep finding more ballots.

Crazy thing, though, I think the absentee and military ballots could give GA back to Trump (if he does lose it).  Mind you, both PA and GA were called for Trump by I think almost every news org.

I'm not suggesting fraud - I don't think even QO would risk 25 years in jail to throw a few extra votes to his guy.  But a lot of people are going to be very angry to see 2-3 states called and then be called the other way in such a close, volatile election.  I expect Trump to claim fraud, but shame on all these other Repub clowns pushing that bullshit.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 10:11 PM

Not one single news org has called Georgia or Pennsylvania. None. 

Also, they aren’t “finding” ballots. They are counting mail-in/absentee ballots. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 10:12 PM

And yes, you are suggesting fraud. 

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 10:13 PM
posted by gut

I understand % can swing wildly between certain districts, but for the past day and half it sure as hell didn't look like there were enough ballots left in GA for Biden to win.  But seems like he's getting damn near 80%, and they keep finding more ballots.

Crazy thing, though, I think the absentee and military ballots could give GA back to Trump (if he does lose it).  Mind you, both PA and GA were called for Trump by I think almost every news org.

I'm not suggesting fraud - I don't think even QO would risk 25 years in jail to throw a few extra votes to his guy.  But a lot of people are going to be very angry to see 2-3 states called and then be called the other way in such a close, volatile election.  I expect Trump to claim fraud, but shame on all these other Repub clowns pushing that bullshit.

Who gave PA or GA to Trump? And, at least the PA vote, wouldn’t be irritating if they counted them early like in FL. Biden isn’t “coming back” he’s always been ahead by this much. They just didn’t count them until now. If all these votes were day of, PA may very well have been called Tuesday for Biden. Same with MI and WI.

gut

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 10:16 PM
posted by wildcats20

And yes, you are suggesting fraud. 

No, I didn't.  You guys can't read.  Fraud on the scale being talked about simply isn't possible.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 10:34 PM
posted by gut

No, I didn't.  You guys can't read.  Fraud on the scale being talked about simply isn't possible.

Yes, you did. 

“They keep finding more ballots” is suggesting fraud. 

And again, the ONLY state that anyone has called is Arizona. And that’s FOX and the AP. 

GA, PA, NC, NV, AK have not been called by anyone. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 10:43 PM

Donald Trump spent MONTHS telling republicans around the country to NOT vote by mail. That is why the numbers are changing so drastically now. They aren’t finding ballots. They aren’t forging ballots. They are simply counting the absentee/mail-in ballots now, because their state legislatures(Republicans) would not allow them to count those ballots before the election. Florida, Ohio, and others posted their absentee/mail-in votes first. Which is why Biden was up or very close in those states at the beginning. Once they posted votes from Tuesday, those states flipped to Trump very fast. Ohio went from Biden up 12% to him losing in a matter of like an hour. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 10:46 PM

Going away from Trump/Biden for a moment. 

It appears the Senate could actually change hands come January. There will be 2 run offs in Georgia and the Dem candidate in Alaska thinks he will have the votes once they count the absentee votes. 

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Fri, Nov 6, 2020 4:50 AM
posted by Laley23

And, at least the PA vote, wouldn’t be irritating if they counted them early like in FL.

I think this is the most pertinent statement. Certainly, I think everybody here would agree to that.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Nov 6, 2020 5:13 AM
posted by Laley23
Who gave PA or GA to Trump? And, at least the PA vote, wouldn’t be irritating if they counted them early like in FL. Biden isn’t “coming back” he’s always been ahead by this much. They just didn’t count them until now. If all these votes were day of, PA may very well have been called Tuesday for Biden. Same with MI and WI.

Yeah, the optics of this is just terrible and now sadly half the country will not have faith in our elections.  This would have been the same if Trump edged out a win.  The best case scenario for the country would have been a comfortable win for either side.  It's going to get worse when Trump's legal team gets involved and they start throwing out some votes. 

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Fri, Nov 6, 2020 5:17 AM

Just keep in mind that Al Gore went down the same path in 2000. And while it seemed to be outrageous on some level at the time, almost everybody forgot about it within a year. 

Hopefully the same will happen again this year, regardless of who wins.

Also, just saw this on twitter 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Nov 6, 2020 5:27 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Just keep in mind that Al Gore went down the same path in 2000. And while it seemed to be outrageous on some level at the time, almost everybody forgot about it within a year. 

Well, 9/11 happened, but nobody has forgotten the 2000 election.  It's (along with the Clinton impeachment) the biggest reason why we are so divided today.  

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Nov 6, 2020 8:13 AM
posted by like_that

Yeah, the optics of this is just terrible and now sadly half the country will not have faith in our elections.  This would have been the same if Trump edged out a win.  The best case scenario for the country would have been a comfortable win for either side.  It's going to get worse when Trump's legal team gets involved and they start throwing out some votes. 

Yep. The exact same thing that’s happening in PA, MI and WI happened in OH, FL and TX — just the opposite. Mail-in was posted and Biden looked “strong” in those states. Then day of came in and those leads were gone before California was even called. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Nov 6, 2020 9:06 AM

And there is the call. I am sure Trump won't be a complete dipshit for the next 2 months.  The right needs to not do anything too stupid because the Georgia races could flip the Senate. I'd hate to live in Georgia with the amount of ads that are going to be played there the next 2 months.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Nov 6, 2020 9:46 AM
posted by iclfan2

And there is the call. I am sure Trump won't be a complete dipshit for the next 2 months.  The right needs to not do anything too stupid because the Georgia races could flip the Senate. I'd hate to live in Georgia with the amount of ads that are going to be played there the next 2 months.

Lindsay Graham and the like would be smart to distance themselves from him at this point. No clue what he was thinking with that Fox News stuff last night. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Nov 6, 2020 9:54 AM
posted by Laley23

Lindsay Graham and the like would be smart to distance themselves from him at this point. No clue what he was thinking with that Fox News stuff last night. 

They need a smart balance between supporting him and distancing themselves from the crazy shit.  The populist America first messaging resonates with a lot of people.  That's why they made a net gain in the house and should* keep the senate, while losing the WH.  If they want to win more elections, they shouldn't go back to the RINO McCain and Romney days.  

Edit: Not to mention Trump is petty enough to bring down the GOP too.  He will have influence outside of the WH. 

QuakerOats

Fri, Nov 6, 2020 9:55 AM

Update -

By Milwaukee City Wire News Service

Nov 4, 2020

(Editor's note: After the original version of this story was published Nov. 4 at 3:09 p.m. the county updated the voter registration data on their data portal and updated voting tallies for precincts 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276 and 277. The most up to date data is available here. Nov. 5. 3:57 p.m.

Five City of Milwaukee voting wards reported more than 89% turnout in the 2020 U.S. Presidential election, according to an analysis of results and Secretary of State files.

All are in the city’s eleventh aldermanic ward, on the city’s far Southwest Side.

Vice President Joe Biden carried the five in 2020 with 3,768 votes to President Donald Trump’s 2,883— a margin of 885, or eight times what it was in 2016, when Trump earned 1,904 votes to Hillary Clinton’s 2,012.

The City of Milwaukee reported record turnout of 84 percent Tuesday; 243,144 of 288,833 registered city voters cast a ballot.

Biden defeated Trump in Milwaukee 195,034 to 48,110, a margin of 145,916. He won 80 percent of the city’s total vote.

Devils Advocate

Brudda o da bomber

Fri, Nov 6, 2020 10:23 AM

I guess Trump finally got tired of winning

Spock

Fri, Nov 6, 2020 10:51 AM

Now that Biden is ahead I bet the vote counting stops

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Fri, Nov 6, 2020 11:03 AM
posted by Spock

He would have won if the counting stopped when Trump wanted it to. So fuck off with this. 

Fab4Runner

Tits McGee

Fri, Nov 6, 2020 11:06 AM
posted by Spock

Verbal Kint

Fri, Nov 6, 2020 11:52 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

ZUBY is a solid follow

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Nov 6, 2020 12:13 PM

There will be recounts and then it's over.  It's a dog and pony show at this point to work people up.