2020 Presidential Election thread

Home Forums Politics

gut

Wed, Nov 4, 2020 11:14 PM
posted by Al Bundy

CNN has switched Arizona from Biden to "to close to call"

I'm telling ya....AZ to Trump tomorrow, and GA to Biden on Friday....and then, buckle-up Weekend!!!!

gut

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 12:04 AM

Trump's lead in GA down to 28k with 100k votes left to be counted (mostly from strong Democratic areas).  That could be super close.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 3:48 AM
posted by ts1227

The next EC fun comes if everything holds as is now and you end up 270-268 Biden (which seems somewhat likely).

One faithless elector can send it to the House to decide, which would give it to Trump since it is voted on by state delegations, which he would have the majority.

This country will go off the damn rails 

Didn't the SCOTUS rule against shit like this?

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 4:20 AM

Also, are any of you all really shocked that allowing people to vote 6 weeks prior to the election is creating distrust?  At the very least, every state should have handled it like Florida.  They got their shit in very quickly.  These late data dumps in tight races are not helpful at all.   

Overall, this was the worst case scenario for our country and here we are.  Even if it's plainly obvious the votes are legitimate, Trump won't go down without a fight.  Especially after 4 years of trying to deligitimatize his 2016 win. 

ts1227

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 4:50 AM
posted by Al Bundy

CNN has switched Arizona from Biden to "too close to call"

Only Fox News and the AP ever called Arizona. Everyone else has had it too close to call all along

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 5:42 AM
posted by gut

I'm telling ya....AZ to Trump tomorrow, and GA to Biden on Friday....and then, buckle-up Weekend!!!!

Even if Arizona and Georgia flip from what they are trending now, Biden still wins. He actually wins by a bigger margin. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 5:44 AM

Personally, I think Pennsylvania will flip to Biden and everything else stays as is. 

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 6:45 AM

@Wildcats, ahh I didn't know that, thanks for the heads up! But my point was that it was happening, there's another one or two that I saw from another place but I didn't even bother looking that up. I just wanted the people who didn't know about it to see it.

@Ironman - wow wtf

ts1227

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 6:52 AM
posted by like_that
Didn't the SCOTUS rule against shit like this?

Not fully. Their ruling said laws that states have to bind electors by removing or punishing them are constitutional, but there’s still like 20 states or something that don’t bind their electors 

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 7:52 AM

friendfromlowry

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 7:55 AM

Today can we know who the president supposedly is going to be or is that still too much to ask. 

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 8:12 AM
posted by like_that

Also, are any of you all really shocked that allowing people to vote 6 weeks prior to the election is creating distrust?  At the very least, every state should have handled it like Florida.  They got their shit in very quickly.  These late data dumps in tight races are not helpful at all.   

Overall, this was the worst case scenario for our country and here we are.  Even if it's plainly obvious the votes are legitimate, Trump won't go down without a fight.  Especially after 4 years of trying to deligitimatize his 2016 win. 

The problem, imo, is not allowing states to count the votes until Election Day vs right away.

geeblock

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 8:12 AM

Right on cue 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 8:27 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Today can we know who the president supposedly is going to be or is that still too much to ask. 

No...feels like it will be weeks

Carry on

sportchampps

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 8:39 AM

Are we really moving the goalposts from Republicans will riot when Trump loses to Republicans are not rioting now because they have never been marginalized. 

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 8:40 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

So, there were more votes in this area than registered voters. How much will this slow down the process? Lawsuit coming? Will it be ignored?

https://mkecitywire.com/stories/564495243-analysis-seven-milwaukee-wards-report-more-2020-presidential-votes-than-registered-voters-biden-nets-146k-votes-in-city

Adam Kinzinger (GOP in IL, just south of this) already said it’s not true and made up story that people ran with.

geeblock

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 9:01 AM
posted by sportchampps

Are we really moving the goalposts from Republicans will riot when Trump loses to Republicans are not rioting now because they have never been marginalized. 

He keeps saying they have no history of rioting over and over.. just pointing out they really have never had a reason to riot 

fish82

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 10:23 AM
posted by fish82

Prediction time (kinda)

IMO It'll either be 279-259 for Drumpf, or 290-248 for Namenda Joe. 55/45 chance it's the latter. 

Pubs hold the Senate 51-49.

Not saying I should have my own cable news show, but I should probably have my own cable news show lol.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 11:28 AM
posted by geeblock

He keeps saying they have no history of rioting over and over.. just pointing out they really have never had a reason to riot 

No one rioting now has a reason to be doing it either.  

geeblock

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 11:29 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

No one rioting now has a reason to be doing it either.  

Tru

Verbal Kint

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 12:04 PM

Congratulations to the great state of Wisconsin for the 90% voter turn out

Democracy in action!

Al Bundy

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 12:08 PM
posted by Verbal Kint

Democracy in action!

That's nothing. Congratulations to states over 100%

QuakerOats

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 12:14 PM
posted by Verbal Kint

Democracy in action!

That can only mean Milwaukee turnout was 160% of its registered voters.

sportchampps

Thu, Nov 5, 2020 12:48 PM

You guys see Georgia finding more vote in Blue area not where they “forgot” to hit upload