2020 Presidential Election thread

Home Forums Politics

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 7:08 PM
posted by gut

And in keeping with the sports theme, people out dancing and celebrating and honking their horn like their team just won the World Series. 

So anxiously looking forward to tonight's celebratory riots....the warmth you feel from those fires is love!

They'll be 93% peaceful celebrations. Those that smash shit up will have valid grievences they have every right to air. Remember, it's someone else's fault. 

queencitybuckeye

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 7:15 PM
posted by gut

And in keeping with the sports theme, people out dancing and celebrating and honking their horn like their team just won the World Series. 

So anxiously looking forward to tonight's celebratory riots....the warmth you feel from those fires is love!

So looking forward to many of these people magically expecting their lives to get better over the next four years in spite of no effort on their part to better their station. Who do they blame then? The Senate? The Supreme Court? Themselves (fat chance)?

Gardens35

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 8:11 PM

More.Free.Stuff.Too.

fish82

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 8:13 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

If everything holds, Biden would have 306 electoral votes, which is the same as Trump as 2016. Biden will also have the largest margin of votes/ victory in popular votes since 1996. 

Obama won by almost 10 million votes in 2008 and 5 million in 2012. 🤷‍♂️

gut

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 8:20 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

So looking forward to many of these people magically expecting their lives to get better over the next four years in spite of no effort on their part to better their station. Who do they blame then? The Senate? The Supreme Court? Themselves (fat chance)?

Ha!  I was thinking about that myself just today.  What are they going to do in 3-4 years when they go "WTF?!?? We got rid of Trump and my life is still exactly the same?!?"

But they'll blame Cocaine Mitch, and he'll certainly deserve a share of blame for the partisan gridlock.

And what if Biden doesn't stick around for at least 18 months?  Surely they can go Weekend at Bernie's for at least that long.

Just look at Joe go, though - within hours he cured millions of their TDS affliction!

ptown_trojans_1

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 8:30 PM
posted by fish82
Obama won by almost 10 million votes in 2008 and 5 million in 2012. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I was referring to the number of votes by the winner. Biden got more than any other winner since 1996. That said, Trump also got the largest vote total by a loser. 

ptown_trojans_1

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 8:30 PM
posted by Gardens35

More.Free.Stuff.Too.

Free stuff? That is so 2008.

They all just wanted the incompent asshole out of office. 

gut

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 8:31 PM

Yeah, I was referring to the number of votes by the winner. Biden got more than any other winner since 1996. That said, Trump also got the largest vote total by a loser. 

I think Trump got more than anyone accept Biden 2020?

Probably going to have to put an asterisk next to Biden's number, though :)

ptown_trojans_1

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 8:31 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

They'll be 93% peaceful celebrations. Those that smash shit up will have valid grievences they have every right to air. Remember, it's someone else's fault. 

I just saw a video of people in DC doing the Cupid Shuffle. So, yeah...

ptown_trojans_1

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 8:33 PM
posted by gut

I think Trump got more than anyone accept Biden 2020?

Probably going to have to put an asterisk next to Biden's number, though :)

That is true, but yeah an asterisk...please. 

gut

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 8:34 PM

That is true, but yeah an asterisk...please. 

Haha.   You just know that's going to be Trump's spin.  "I got more legal votes than anyone in history!"

ptown_trojans_1

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 8:36 PM
posted by gut

Ha!  I was thinking about that myself just today.  What are they going to do in 3-4 years when they go "WTF?!?? We got rid of Trump and my life is still exactly the same?!?"

But they'll blame Cocaine Mitch, and he'll certainly deserve a share of blame for the partisan gridlock.

And what if Biden doesn't stick around for at least 18 months?  Surely they can go Weekend at Bernie's for at least that long.

Just look at Joe go, though - within hours he cured millions of their TDS affliction!

The focus will be shifted to the Senate eventually. First and foremost is COVID.

I think a lot of people are just glad an asshole is out of the White House. We do not have to worry about some crazy tweet or what was that moment? Did he really say that? What new crazy thing did he say today? That is all gone. 

Also, get the fuck out of here with the thought of Biden won't stick around in 18 months. 

Again, you still live in your crazy bubble. 

Are you even going to give Biden a shot? 

ptown_trojans_1

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 8:38 PM
posted by gut

Haha.   You just know that's going to be Trump's spin.  "I got more legal votes than anyone in history!"

Yeah and that is sad and pathetic like the loser he is.  

fish82

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 8:38 PM

Yeah, you clearly said “margin of votes.” 🤷‍♂️

ptown_trojans_1

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 8:39 PM
posted by fish82

Yeah, you clearly said “margin of votes.” 🤷‍♂️

My mistake. I mean, I did kinda predict he would win on here, by about the right amount but yeah, I made this mistake on that one. 

gut

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 8:43 PM

Again, you still live in your crazy bubble. 

Are you even going to give Biden a shot? 

My crazy bubble?  LMFAO glass houses . 

I know what Biden is - he's been in public office for nearly 50 years, including 8 years as VP.  He's another empty suit.  After shooting his mouth off about Covid, he's already started walking that back ON HIS FIRST DAY AS POTUS ELECT.  "Well, I'll ask the governors to make masks mandatory?  It's a tough beast, it's going to be a really task to overcome it".

The sad reality is that incompetent asshole got as much, if not more, done in 4 years than Obama/Biden did in 8.  And, yes, for the vast majority of the country they are as good if not better off (before Covid)...I think a recent poll had something like 53% willing to admit that.

The short answer is I KNOW Biden isn't going to do anything because I've been telling you guys for years the POTUS doesn't do anything except give speeches.  After 12 years of Obama and Trump I'd think you might start to finally understand that.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 8:51 PM

The unity talk is absolute garbage. They called republicans all sorts of names and now think Biden is going to unite them? Get the fuck out. I hope they act that him getting elected was a “mandate” even though they lost all down ticket. Keep up the garbage division talk.

ptown_trojans_1

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 8:53 PM
posted by gut

My crazy bubble?  LMFAO glass houses . 

I know what Biden is - he's been in public office for nearly 50 years, including 8 years as VP.  He's another empty suit.  After shooting his mouth off about Covid, he's already started walking that back ON HIS FIRST DAY AS POTUS ELECT.  "Well, I'll ask the governors to make masks mandatory?  It's a tough beast, it's going to be a really task to overcome it".

The sad reality is that incompetent asshole got as much, if not more, done in 4 years than Obama/Biden did in 8.  And, yes, for the vast majority of the country they are as good if not better off (before Covid)...I think a recent poll had something like 53% willing to admit that.

The short answer is I KNOW Biden isn't going to do anything because I've been telling you guys for years the POTUS doesn't do anything except give speeches.  After 12 years of Obama and Trump I'd think you might start to finally understand that.

So, that is a no then, figures. You think the guy has dementia, so you are too far gone. 

If you think Trump did more than Obama and Biden, I cannot help you. 

I also disagree with you on the power of the Executive Branch, especially as the power has grown over the past 70 years. I think your understanding of the use of Presidential power is fundamentally wrong. You have said it numerous times, but you are simply wrong, and  would just refer you to any actual history book of any administration since Truman. If you want, PM me, and I can refer some books to you on administrations from Truman to now to show how wrong you are. 

ptown_trojans_1

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 8:54 PM
posted by iclfan2

The unity talk is absolute garbage. They called republicans all sorts of names and now think Biden is going to unite them? Get the fuck out. I hope they act that him getting elected was a “mandate” even though they lost all down ticket. Keep up the garbage division talk.

What do you want him to say then?

Gardens35

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 8:59 PM

Credit to Biden, despite a couple instances of obvious pandering, that was a heckuva speech. 

Seemed  OK physically as well.

ptown_trojans_1

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 9:02 PM
posted by Gardens35

Credit to Biden, despite a couple instances of obvious pandering, that was a heckuva speech. 

Seemed  OK physically as well.

Kinda nice to see a normal poltical speech right? 

gut

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 9:07 PM

So, that is a no then, figures. You think the guy has dementia, so you are too far gone. 

If you think Trump did more than Obama and Biden, I cannot help you. 

I also disagree with you on the power of the Executive Branch, especially as the power has grown over the past 70 years. I think your understanding of the use of Presidential power is fundamentally wrong. You have said it numerous times, but you are simply wrong, and  would just refer you to any actual history book of any administration sine Truman. 

Again, you need to take a fucking chill pill and a break from the internet. 

QO and CC never got anywhere near as defensive as you do with every perceived slight of Biden despite way worse shit said by everyone on here about their hero. I was making a joke about Trump when I made the asterisk comment.  I even added a smiley face at the end.  It went over your head because you've become an uber sensitive lefty who lumps in a bunch of libertarians with right-wingers simply because they don't agree with you that Biden isn't mediocre.

You still think you're "moderate" because you're a little less delusional than you're friends.  Still doing your reach around backhanded complements of Obama.  Go ahead and start a thread and we can debate it.  It's probably going to break your brain like what QO did to S&L.  Because here's another reality check for you - neither Obama nor Trump got much of anything done.  So, yeah, I'm pretty confident the 2 or 3 things we might give him credit for stacks up well with Obama/Biden's term.

Like I said, we know who Biden is.  Has another 3-time loser ever become POTUS on a 4th try?  You're the only one who seems to think suddenly Biden is this great leader.  I'm willing to bet many people who voted for him, going back to the primaries, expect very little from him beyond not being Trump.

gut

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 9:09 PM

Also, Ptown, take some time and try to reconcile your belief that the POTUS doesn't do anything, but Trump is incompetent despite all these things that still got done.  That's cognitive dissonance in action.

fish82

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 9:14 PM

My mistake. I mean, I did kinda predict he would win on here, by about the right amount but yeah, I made this mistake on that one. 

I mean, yeah, so did I...for the second time in a row no less lol  🤷‍♂️

fish82

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 9:16 PM

Imagine being as angry as PTown after your guy literally just won lol.  😂