Cleveland Cavalier 2018-2019 Season

Home Forums Sports

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Fri, Nov 16, 2018 1:26 PM
posted by Laley23

I’ve seen multiple reports that his contract is immovable in today’s NBA, unless you take you take something back or find a team wanting to clear cap space the following offseason. They won’t get a 1st for him.

Wizards were able to trade Gilbert Arenas's massive contract back in the day. I think almost any contract is movable, but like you said it's the terms of the deal that would be killer.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Nov 16, 2018 3:05 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Wizards were able to trade Gilbert Arenas's massive contract back in the day. I think almost any contract is movable, but like you said it's the terms of the deal that would be killer.

Right. I guess what I mean is he we won’t be able to trade him to a team bidding for him and getting the lesser end. It will likely have to be a team where we take on a bunch back

BR1986FB

Mon, Nov 19, 2018 7:37 AM

Heard excerpts from Lebron's interview with Joe Vardon of The Athletic. After hearing bits & pieces of this, I'm of 100% belief that this team will not be a winner again until Dan Gilbert sells it. So terrible.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 7:45 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Heard excerpts from Lebron's interview with Joe Vardon of The Athletic. After hearing bits & pieces of this, I'm of 100% belief that this team will not be a winner again until Dan Gilbert sells it. So terrible.

The more you hear about the Kyrie trade, the more it sounds like 'ol Dan panicked. That trade was a disaster from the very beginning. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 8:09 AM

The more you hear about the Kyrie trade, the more it sounds like 'ol Dan panicked. That trade was a disaster from the very beginning. 

Oh, definitely. Gilbert needs to quit the Jerry Jones shit and let the basketball guys do their thing. Still gets under my skin that he didn't resign David Griffin long-term.

Will be interesting to see how the crowd reacts to Lebron's return tomorrow. Guess they're doing some video tribute.

And regarding last night, this team's a friggin' abortion.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 8:14 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Oh, definitely. Gilbert needs to quit the Jerry Jones shit and let the basketball guys do their thing.

Will be interesting to see how the crowd reacts to Lebron's return tomorrow. Guess they're doing some video tribute.

And regarding last night, this team's a friggin' abortion.

Exactly, he fucked up a very easy thing. Resign David Griffin, lol in Kyrie's face about the trade. EZ

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 2:40 PM

JR leaving the team. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 2:51 PM

JR's a freakin turd. They'll be lucky to get a dirty jock strap for his sorry ass.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Nov 21, 2018 8:05 AM
posted by wildcats20

JR leaving the team. 

Sad way to end his championship tenure here. He's been a bum on the since 2016 though.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Nov 21, 2018 9:19 AM

I will always like JR, but I do think his departure brings the lulz by demanding a trade early in the season.  Did he really believe the Cavs wouldn't trade him if they had the opportunity? 

SportsAndLady

Wed, Nov 21, 2018 10:04 AM

JR is the man. You see him at browns games? Dude loves Cleveland. Just a bummer how his time ended, but I’ll always like him.  

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Nov 23, 2018 9:49 PM

Cavs have been much better the last two games

jordo212000

Sat, Nov 24, 2018 8:29 PM
posted by Ironman92

Cavs have been much better the last two games

I need them to slow down. I had two coworkers who bet the over that I set (30 wins) Looking good for me

SportsAndLady

Sat, Nov 24, 2018 9:16 PM

No one cares jordo 

Sexton looking good. Coa any thoughts douche?

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Nov 24, 2018 10:18 PM

TT playing well and kinda being a leader

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Sat, Nov 24, 2018 11:36 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

No one cares jordo 

Sexton looking good. Coa any thoughts douche?

Yeah he looked good tonight going against the worst defender in the association (well historically worst. LBJ is giving him a run for his money this season, yikes) in James Harden. But hey, give props when due, Sexton played well on offense tonight.

SportsAndLady

Sun, Nov 25, 2018 7:24 AM

Yeah he looked good tonight going against the worst defender in the association (well historically worst. LBJ is giving him a run for his money this season, yikes) in James Harden. But hey, give props when due, Sexton played well on offense tonight.

Sexton is goid

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Sun, Nov 25, 2018 10:11 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Sexton is goid

Hope you're right. Would love to eat crow on that one. Time will tell.

SportsAndLady

Sun, Nov 25, 2018 10:16 AM

Hope you're right. Would love to eat crow on that one. Time will tell.

It usually does

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Nov 26, 2018 7:56 AM
posted by BR1986FB

This has been posted on various outlets but this was the one where I saw what the Cavs would give up in the trade....

https://heavy.com/sports/2018/11/markelle-fultz-kyle-korver-jr-smith-cavaliers-sixers-trade/

I don't think Fultz is going to turn into an NBA player.  He looks just like Anthony Bennet, but smaller and perhaps even worse.  With that being said, this trade may be worth it considering having Korver on the roster does nothing for a tanking team and JR isn't even playing.  Might as well kick the tires.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Nov 26, 2018 8:42 AM

If all it takes is JR and korver, you absolutely do that trade. Let him figure out that shoulder and try to find his shot, which will allow the Cavs to continue to suck and keep their first rounders the next two years. Then maybe around then, Fultz finds something. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Nov 26, 2018 11:14 AM

I think Fultz *could* still be a serviceable player, but will never live up to the #1 pick. Comparing him to Bennett is ridiculous though, he's already done more than AB ever did. I agree though on the trade, kick the tires. Got nothing to lose and a trade has to go the Cavs way some time.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 26, 2018 12:21 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

If all it takes is JR and korver, you absolutely do that trade. Let him figure out that shoulder and try to find his shot, which will allow the Cavs to continue to suck and keep their first rounders the next two years. Then maybe around then, Fultz finds something. 

I’d make the move but his shoulder thing is so weird. I’m not real convinced he’ll ever get over it. The Mackey Sasser of basketball

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 26, 2018 10:49 PM

Just box score checking and I didn’t watch any. I see that Sexton was 5/19 and struggled but he and most of the starters were like +8 in +/- when on the court....bench was like -15 and of course Cavs lost by 8. Korver hit everything but also a -7.

I know +/- doesn’t tell a good story of the game but this one is all over the place. Coach always have in the wrong players in different rotations throughout the game.