Cleveland Cavalier 2018-2019 Season

Home Forums Sports

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Sep 10, 2019 12:32 PM

Awful news. I met him several years ago with Fab4 and he was just as awesome in person as he was on TV. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Sep 10, 2019 1:17 PM

Awful news, super bummed.

Fab4Runner

Tits McGee

Wed, Sep 11, 2019 10:48 AM
posted by wildcats20

Awful news. I met him several years ago with Fab4 and he was just as awesome in person as he was on TV. 

He really was. I can't find the pictures from that day, unfortunately. 

Very sad news. It's been heartwarming to see the outpouring of love from players, media members and fans. He was truly universally liked and respected.

BR1986FB

Wed, Sep 11, 2019 12:12 PM
posted by Fab4Runner

He really was. I can't find the pictures from that day, unfortunately. 

Very sad news. It's been heartwarming to see the outpouring of love from players, media members and fans. He was truly universally liked and respected.

What's crazy is that he essentially had two careers. Started in Cleveland and used to do Tribe games, then went to Detroit and was a beloved announcer for the Pistons for 20+ years. Dan Gilbert worked for him as an intern before he became rich....then brought him back to Cleveland to be the Cavs guy. So he's loved in Detroit & Cleveland (I'm sure probably in other places too).

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Dec 7, 2021 3:24 PM
posted by Laley23
posted by vball10set

are you watching this game vs FSU? Morant’s a talent, but getting exposed...I’d maybe rethink this post.  

What? He was, again, the best player on the court. Where was he exposed? He is an athletic marvel with an insane ability to hang in the air and find the open player. An amazing passer combined with his ability to posterize someone half a foot taller than him...and then drain step back 3s.

Zion is a freak, and I wouldn't be upset at him at 1. But Morant is about the perfect 2019 Point Guard in the NBA. 6-3, athletic and can score...give me him all day.

With the news of Zion being 330lbs...I feel very good about this exchange. 

Shout out to Goon for saying he didnt think Zion would even be able to hold up health wise at his weight by the time Cavs got good enough to win with him lol/

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Dec 7, 2021 4:58 PM
posted by Laley23

With the news of Zion being 330lbs...I feel very good about this exchange. 

Shout out to Goon for saying he didnt think Zion would even be able to hold up health wise at his weight by the time Cavs got good enough to win with him lol/

He’s seriously 330? Holy crap

friendfromlowry

Thu, Sep 1, 2022 4:29 PM

Wow, I know they were in the mix but damn. Knicks lose out again.

cat_lover

Thu, Sep 1, 2022 8:14 PM

Me likey!!

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Sep 2, 2022 1:42 PM

This is a pretty perfect piece. He is what you hoped Sexton would become, but never did.

Perfect position of need. If all goes to plan, he is the 3rd best player on a team — and he has proven to be able to drop 40 in a playoff game with ease.