Cleveland Cavalier 2018-2019 Season

Home Forums Sports

BR1986FB

Mon, Oct 22, 2018 8:15 AM
posted by Mulva

22 point home loss to the hawks.

And supposedly the Hawks were supposed to be the worst team in the NBA. Does that mean it's now the Cavs? I know they have the worst defense.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Oct 22, 2018 11:56 AM
posted by Mulva

22 point home loss to the hawks.

Watched most of this game, The cavs are in the thick of it for the #1 pick. They're truly awful.

BR1986FB

Mon, Oct 22, 2018 12:06 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Watched most of this game, The cavs are in the thick of it for the #1 pick. They're truly awful.

Didn't watch but from your perspective, are the players that shitty or is Lue just not putting them in a position to win? The roster looks like it could be a borderline 8 seed but it sounds like they are "pre-Kyrie rookie season bad" from what you're saying.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Oct 22, 2018 12:39 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Didn't watch but from your perspective, are the players that shitty or is Lue just not putting them in a position to win? The roster looks like it could be a borderline 8 seed but it sounds like they are "pre-Kyrie rookie season bad" from what you're saying.

No one can play defense, no one can stretch the floor. It's an athletic team with little shooting (Korver and KLove], very undersized, no shot blocking, no rim protector, no natural passer. It's a bad team.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Oct 22, 2018 1:07 PM

Fire Lue and Hue

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Oct 22, 2018 3:11 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Fire Lue and Hue

Not confident that Lue is the problem, but I'm also not confident he is part of the solution.

vball10set

paying it forward

Mon, Oct 22, 2018 4:10 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Fire Lue and Hue

lol--has a nice ring to it--well played

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Oct 22, 2018 10:11 PM

Buddy asked me who my most hated team was (besides GSW), and I immediately said the Miami Heat. He was surprised. Anyone else still hate the fucking Heat as much as I do?

BRF

Mon, Oct 22, 2018 10:15 PM

^^^^^ yes

And is anybody else besides me (meant to put "not" in here) surprised that the Cavs would suck.....as in bottom feeders?

friendfromlowry

Mon, Oct 22, 2018 11:02 PM

Buddy asked me who my most hated team was (besides GSW), and I immediately said the Miami Heat. He was surprised. Anyone else still hate the fucking Heat as much as I do?

I don’t hate or dislike anyone nearly as much as I do Golden State but if I had to pick I’d say the Lakers. And I didn’t like them before Lebron went there so that only helped fuel the fire. 

I also enjoy seeing Boston, Miami, and Houston lose. 

cat_lover

Mon, Oct 22, 2018 11:17 PM

The Cavs defense is worse than it was last year(if that is possible). I was hoping that they would be competitive but that is not looking likely.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Oct 22, 2018 11:32 PM

Cavs best chance for the future is to suck assnfor a few years. Cedi is probably the only piece from the LeBron era you want around for the future. Gotta play out those contracts and hope you get the best talent in the draft these few years to pair with Cedi and Sexton.

A few more shit years and you could have a solid core of 4-5 players and hope one turns into a superstar. Getting talent that way is their only shot in today’s NBA, as they won’t get any stars via FA. Hope to strike gold like Seattle/GSW/etc.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Oct 23, 2018 11:30 AM
posted by Laley23

Cavs best chance for the future is to suck assnfor a few years. Cedi is probably the only piece from the LeBron era you want around for the future. Gotta play out those contracts and hope you get the best talent in the draft these few years to pair with Cedi and Sexton.

A few more shit years and you could have a solid core of 4-5 players and hope one turns into a superstar. Getting talent that way is their only shot in today’s NBA, as they won’t get any stars via FA. Hope to strike gold like Seattle/GSW/etc.

This is way too early, but hard to imagine Sexton ever being a building block piece. He doesn't have the size required to be a good defender in the NBA. His best role is a guy off the bench. I can think of at least 4 players I would have taken over him easily. Hope I'm wrong, I like the kid. He plays hard, good attitude, etc...

BRF

Tue, Oct 23, 2018 1:12 PM

I looked back at my last post and realized I left out an important word: not. 

"And is anybody else besides me NOT surprised that the Cavs would suck.....as in bottom feeders?"

BR1986FB

Tue, Oct 23, 2018 2:04 PM
posted by BRF

I looked back at my last post and realized I left out an important word: not. 

"And is anybody else besides me NOT surprised that the Cavs would suck.....as in bottom feeders?"

Sucked without him before and they will suck without him again. Water under the bridge but what pisses me off is that this team could've had 3-4 rings if he wouldn't have played passive/aggressive bitch and would've committed, long-term, earlier on in his career.

Automatik

Tue, Oct 23, 2018 2:16 PM

What do you think would have gone differently if he stayed long term? Assuming you mean at least a 4 year deal?

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Oct 23, 2018 2:18 PM

This is way too early, but hard to imagine Sexton ever being a building block piece. He doesn't have the size required to be a good defender in the NBA. His best role is a guy off the bench. I can think of at least 4 players I would have taken over him easily. Hope I'm wrong, I like the kid. He plays hard, good attitude, etc...

Same. He wasn’t even someone I was targeting for the Cavs. But, he is still super young, so not going to write him off yet. As of now, I think you’d have to consider him part of the future. That could be completely different after the 2019-2020 season.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Oct 23, 2018 3:17 PM

Can we not write off sexton after 3 games? Lol

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Oct 23, 2018 4:05 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Can we not write off sexton after 3 games? Lol

We're just saying we don't see high end potential for Sexton. I don't ever envision being a starter on a good team, he doesn't have the physical traits/athleticism required. Not writing him off as a bum, but he was undeniably a reach pick at #8. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Oct 23, 2018 6:05 PM
posted by Automatik

What do you think would have gone differently if he stayed long term? Assuming you mean at least a 4 year deal?

I meant earlier on in his career, instead of Miami. He re-upped after his rookie deal but then kept doing that 1 year crap.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Oct 23, 2018 6:06 PM

We're just saying we don't see high end potential for Sexton. I don't ever envision being a starter on a good team, he doesn't have the physical traits/athleticism required. Not writing him off as a bum, but he was undeniably a reach pick at #8. 

That's just absurd. You don't see him starting on a good team ever, because of 3 games? And you make fun of others on here for "hot taeks" give me a break.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Oct 23, 2018 6:34 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

That's just absurd. You don't see him starting on a good team ever, because of 3 games? And you make fun of others on here for "hot taeks" give me a break.

No, I don't him as a viable starter on a good team bc he's 6'1" and not an elite athlete. Nor does he have an elite trait like shooting/passing/etc...

BR1986FB

Tue, Oct 23, 2018 6:34 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I could be wrong but I doubt he's basing it off 3 games. Probably goes back to his college days too, if he followed him. No way it could be based off 3 games.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Oct 23, 2018 6:40 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I could be wrong but I doubt he's basing it off 3 games. Probably goes back to his college days too, if he followed him. No way it could be based off 3 games.

BR's right. He's a try hard guy who lacks size and athletic traits possessed by top NBA players. Is it possible he bucks the trend? Sure, but it would be based purely on faith and nothing on what he's shown so far. I actually watched a decent amount of summer league, read reports, followed draft news etc... I think Sexton was a bad pick, a flailing franchise that lacks size, athletes, shooting, ball handling, defense, etc.. picks an unathletic undersized guard that isn't a great shooter. Not sure what universe that in considered a great pick. Again, I don't think Sexton is a bum, but with the 8th pick I would have much rather taken a shot at an athlete, or a player that shows they have one elite trait. Sexton is none of that and his ceiling is scoring off the bench. Bad pick, by a bad organization who could only get scraps and the 8th overall pick for a top 10 player in the league.

The pick should have been Michael Porter Jr. followed by Jerome Robinson followed by Knox, followed by Bridges. You'll notice that Sexton was not in that list.

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Oct 23, 2018 6:50 PM

Kyrie wasn’t and isn’t a top 10 player. But he still could’ve gotten more out of the Celtics I think.