Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

SportsAndLady

Tue, Jan 23, 2018 3:18 PM
posted by thavoice

I realize Kyrie wanted traded but the Cavs shoulda did what was best for them.  Trading a top tier player to your biggest rival in the east was retarded. He woulda played, and played well, form them and his feelz be damned.  He made not have been happy about stAying but he would have gotten over it once the games and winning started. To cave in was the tail wagging the dog, unless James really wanted it and of that's true then he is reaping what he sowed.

On a much smaller scale the Steelers didn't give in when Bryant wanted traded.   You keep a great talent unless getting rid of him helps you in every single way.    

Getting rid of Kyrie, to your biggest eastern competition, was one of the biggest boneheaded moves a front office can make.   

Yeah the Kyrie and martavis fucking Bryant situations are comparable! You’re so smart! 

Classyposter58

Tue, Jan 23, 2018 3:18 PM

What the hell did is up with Lebron? Lol he put on instagram a self congratulations to his teenage self for scoring 30,000 points. What the fuck

thavoice

Tue, Jan 23, 2018 3:29 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Yeah the Kyrie and martavis fucking Bryant situations are comparable! You’re so smart! 

For whatever reason, unbeknownst to me, you hate me and that is fine.   The worst kind of people are those who dismiss a thought because you hate who it came from.   Don't be that guy.

I said on a much smaller scale but the merit of what I said is legit.  You don't give in to the player unless the outcome benefits the team in every way.    Trading a top tier player to your rival for an injured player is not a sound decision.   Kyrie woulda been a little butthurt at the beginning but he woulda performed at a high level and your team would be in a much better position than it is right now.

That you cannot deny. 

Instead off trying to find a piece that will fix this dumpster fire you would be looking for that last player to help you get past GS.   

Admit it, I am right.- 

Mulva

Tue, Jan 23, 2018 4:06 PM
posted by Classyposter58

What the hell did is up with Lebron? Lol he put on instagram a self congratulations to his teenage self for scoring 30,000 points. What the fuck

One of the douchiest things I’ve ever seen

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Jan 23, 2018 4:56 PM
posted by Mulva

One of the douchiest things I’ve ever seen

That's the great thing about the NBA -- everyone tries to out-douche each other with hilarious results. There's this and there's also Durant sniping at Clint Capala for saying that Houston is better than GS, saying that he has an easy job (dunks and dishing passes) and that guys with the tough jobs don't say stuff like that. You know, the same Durant who fled from OKC to GS after losing to them in the playoffs, so he could have an easy route to titles.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Jan 23, 2018 7:02 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Like puppets on a string, every single January... right?  I mean, read back through this thread.  "Not going to fret, it's January.  Same ole, same ole."  Couple pages later "OMG, WTF is happening!?"  

What’s your point here? Lol

friendfromlowry

Tue, Jan 23, 2018 7:15 PM
posted by Heretic

That's the great thing about the NBA -- everyone tries to out-douche each other with hilarious results. There's this and there's also Durant sniping at Clint Capala for saying that Houston is better than GS, saying that he has an easy job (dunks and dishing passes) and that guys with the tough jobs don't say stuff like that. You know, the same Durant who fled from OKC to GS after losing to them in the playoffs, so he could have an easy route to titles.

And you didn't even mention how he created a fake Twitter account (accounts?) to argue with nobodies. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Jan 23, 2018 8:04 PM

Popovich calls a timeout 14 seconds into the game? Wtf?

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Jan 23, 2018 8:15 PM

IT gets caught in the air and ....well just awful

Spurs use timeout 14 seconds into game and then 4 min later get a technical for having 6 players on the floor lol

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Jan 23, 2018 8:24 PM

These refs

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Jan 23, 2018 8:46 PM

Jeff Green. Mercy.

friendfromlowry

Tue, Jan 23, 2018 10:14 PM

Lue is going to be fired, right?

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Jan 23, 2018 10:15 PM

I tried...I had it on, but damn that was unwatchable 

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Jan 23, 2018 10:20 PM

Hopefully he can get to 40,000...because 30,000 sucked

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Jan 24, 2018 8:41 AM

Toast--they're fucking toast.

SportsAndLady

Wed, Jan 24, 2018 9:09 AM
posted by vball10set

Toast--they're fucking toast.

Fals

BR1986FB

Wed, Jan 24, 2018 9:23 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Fals

I wouldn't say they're "toast" but anyone that thinks this team is making it back to the Finals, as constructed, is living in Dreamland.

In the past, one might say "well LBJ has another gear and will turn it up in the playoffs." That may be so but will his teammates follow? In fact, CAN they follow? This team is old & slow. I don't know that they will be capable of keeping up with younger teams. If the front office doesn't move some people around and the coach doesn't get his head out of his ass, they could be looking at an early (pre-ECF) exit.

At this moment in time, I don't think they'd beat either Boston or Toronto in a series.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Jan 24, 2018 9:49 AM

They are still getting out of the East. Boston, losers of 4 straight, and Toronto, 3-3 in last 6. Yep, they strike tons of fear...

Cleveland will make a move or 3, just like they always do. No problems in round 1. Toronto and Boston have both improved, so won’t be as easy, but neither are winning 4/7 vs LeBron.

SportsAndLady

Wed, Jan 24, 2018 10:20 AM
posted by Laley23

They are still getting out of the East. Boston, losers of 4 straight, and Toronto, 3-3 in last 6. Yep, they strike tons of fear...

Cleveland will make a move or 3, just like they always do. No problems in round 1. Toronto and Boston have both improved, so won’t be as easy, but neither are winning 4/7 vs LeBron.

This. I’m as pissed as anyone as I only get to watch cavs games when they’re on national tv, nba tv, or when they play the Bulls  so I get very excited when they’re on. Then they play with zero effort and it pisses me off. But I don’t for a second think a) this will be our lineup going into the playoffs and b) this will be the effort displayed in the playoffs. 

They definitely CAN lose in the east playoffs, because the east is a lot better and this cavs team doesn’t have the same confidence they’ve always had, but Vegas still has them as a heavy favorite coming out of the east and my money will once again be on them playing the warriors in the finals. 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Wed, Jan 24, 2018 12:19 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

What’s your point here? Lol

Stating the obvious, I guess?  

SportsAndLady

Wed, Jan 24, 2018 12:49 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Stating the obvious, I guess?  

Still don’t follow. 

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Jan 24, 2018 2:59 PM

Gilbert wants to sell Cavs. Probably trying to get into the real estate in Detroit and buy the Tigers.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Jan 24, 2018 3:01 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

And you didn't even mention how he created a fake Twitter account (accounts?) to argue with nobodies. 

Or his hilariously passive-aggressive shoes he recently came out with that contain every jab he's taken over the past couple years and essentially spray-painted "I WON, SEE LOL!!!!" over them.

BR1986FB

Wed, Jan 24, 2018 3:11 PM
posted by Laley23

Gilbert wants to sell Cavs. Probably trying to get into the real estate in Detroit and buy the Tigers.

Wonder if he's getting the vibe Lebron's gone? 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Jan 24, 2018 3:24 PM

Gilbert selling cavs is coming from Stephen A Smith. I'll wait for incareratedbob to verify.