like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Jan 31, 2018 8:09 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Done

BR1986FB

Wed, Jan 31, 2018 8:10 AM
posted by like_that

Don't know how to post an avatar, as I got rid of mine a  long time ago, but I've thought they were done long before the Love injury. They won't make the Finals and I'll be surprised if they make the ECF.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Wed, Jan 31, 2018 8:37 AM

When do playoffs start?  Plenty of time for Love to get back on the court, no?

BR1986FB

Wed, Jan 31, 2018 8:44 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

When do playoffs start?  Plenty of time for Love to get back on the court, no?

He should be back for the playoffs. One of the issues, especially with Dan Gilbert supposedly running the show (personnel-wise) is will thay make kneejerk/stupid trades to try to bridge the gap until Love returns?

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Jan 31, 2018 9:41 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Don't know how to post an avatar, as I got rid of mine a  long time ago, but I've thought they were done long before the Love injury. They won't make the Finals and I'll be surprised if they make the ECF.

Ok, I will take that bet.  We can teach you how to post an avatar if you lose.  No problem.  Deal? 

BR1986FB

Wed, Jan 31, 2018 10:11 AM
posted by like_that

Ok, I will take that bet.  We can teach you how to post an avatar if you lose.  No problem.  Deal? 

Bet is that they don't make the Finals, not the ECF.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Jan 31, 2018 10:27 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Bet is that they don't make the Finals, not the ECF.

Sure.

friendfromlowry

Wed, Jan 31, 2018 10:51 PM

Good win tonight to keep the Heat behind in the standings. They’re a tough team I wouldn’t want to see in the first round. 

SportsAndLady

Wed, Jan 31, 2018 11:10 PM

So um...IT...woof

BRF

Wed, Jan 31, 2018 11:41 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

So um...IT...woof

2-15. 

Agree. 

Woof. 

BR1986FB

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 7:25 AM

My earlier belief that he would stay has changed and I'm about at 85-90% that he's leaving but if he does this, my "best of luck, thanks for the championship" comments can be thrown out the window and the hatred might be worse than when he left for Miami. This would be a bigger beta-bitch move than Durant's and would make him the new Robert Horry/Steve Kerr (ring chaser)....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/report-lebron-james-would-listen-to-warriors-in-free-agency/ar-BBIxL7v?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

As a side note, I'm very doubtful he would team up with the Warriors

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 9:27 AM

I'd say Lebron cares too much about his image to go to the W's.  He's not blind to the lashing Durant rec'd.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 9:43 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

So um...IT...woof

I mean he was better than Wesley Matthews last night but 2/15 and 0/6 not a great key to a decent win

BR1986FB

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 9:50 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

I'd say Lebron cares too much about his image to go to the W's.  He's not blind to the lashing Durant rec'd.

I agree. I can see him staying in the East or even going to Houston to team up with his buddy CP3 but Golden State? That would be a bad move.

Anyhow, that's a ways off. Just hope they get their crap together but I'm doubtful.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 9:53 AM

I was very optimistic of Lebron staying in Cleveland, but right now... I can't say I'd want to.  F*ck Gilbert. F*ck I.T.  I'd want out of that sh*t show.

BR1986FB

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 10:01 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

I was very optimistic of Lebron staying in Cleveland, but right now... I can't say I'd want to.  F*ck Gilbert. F*ck I.T.  I'd want out of that sh*t show.

Agreed. Add to this that I don't know how much flexibility they are going to be able to have with this roster next year.

Part of the reason I believe that they aren't going to make it to the Finals is that they're OLD and SLOW. Yes, LBJ is the GOAT, but his teammates aren't and he can only do so much. They will likely finish no better than a 3 seed and the playoffs are going to be a meatgrinder. Would I bet against Lebron James in a 7 game series against teams not named the Warriors or Rockets? Not likely but I'd sure as Hell bet against his supporting cast.

I was optimistic about him staying too but unless someone can waive a magic wand and make them significantly younger, I'd be like "f#ck this" too.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 10:49 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

posted by BR1986FB

Agreed. Add to this that I don't know how much flexibility they are going to be able to have with this roster next year.

Part of the reason I believe that they aren't going to make it to the Finals is that they're OLD and SLOW. Yes, LBJ is the GOAT, but his teammates aren't and he can only do so much. They will likely finish no better than a 3 seed and the playoffs are going to be a meatgrinder. Would I bet against Lebron James in a 7 game series against teams not named the Warriors or Rockets? Not likely but I'd sure as Hell bet against his supporting cast.

I was optimistic about him staying too but unless someone can waive a magic wand and make them significantly younger, I'd be like "f#ck this" too.

Did I mess the memo where we cant spell out fuck on this site?

BR1986FB

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 10:52 AM
posted by like_that

posted by BR1986FB

Did I mess the memo where we cant spell out fuck on this site?

No. I'm just trying to be a kinder, gentler BR. LOL

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 11:23 AM

IT sucks, and belongs in the G league currently. That is all I have to say.

BR1986FB

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 12:17 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

IT sucks, and belongs in the G league currently. That is all I have to say.

I bet there are high school kids, and I'm not talking about "ready to junp to the NBA", type high school kids, who could back IT down on defense. Dude's an albatross. The Cavs have their share of issues but this guy is a "me first" cancer.

QuakerOats

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 1:33 PM

Ship him to a team that wants a 'scorer' in return for a solid PG who can effectively distribute the ball and play defense. 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 1:49 PM

Do you think the Cabs took on I.T. in hopes of him producing, or being a trade asset? 

BR1986FB

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 2:46 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Do you think the Cabs took on I.T. in hopes of him producing, or being a trade asset? 

Personally, I think he was a throw in. They wanted that Nets pick.

kizer permanente

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 6:39 PM

Went to the game lastnight with my sister. She got tickets from work 3 rows behind the Cavs bench. At one point when lebron was on the bench and IT was in, you could hear Lebron complaining that IT never passes it. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 6:45 PM
posted by kizer permanente

Went to the game lastnight with my sister. She got tickets from work 3 rows behind the Cavs bench. At one point when lebron was on the bench and IT was in, you could hear Lebron complaining that IT never passes it. 

Pics or GTFO