Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

kizer permanente

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 6:56 PM

I have um on my phone. How can I put it on here ?

kizer permanente

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 7:08 PM

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 7:09 PM
posted by kizer permanente

I have um on my phone. How can I put it on here ?

Well I used to could know by I can’t anymore so I’m no help

kizer permanente

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 7:09 PM

That work ?

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 7:17 PM

Yep!

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 7:19 PM

Nice seats

kizer permanente

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 7:30 PM

Yeah it was pretty cool.

From an outsider just taking it in, they feel dysfunctional. The vibe is weird with this team. There’s animosity. Maybe it’s always like that though ?

vball10set

paying it forward

Fri, Feb 2, 2018 11:52 AM
posted by Ironman92

Pics or GTFO

didn't you mean pics of his sister? ;)

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Feb 2, 2018 12:55 PM
posted by vball10set

didn't you mean pics of his sister? ;)

No.

/unlesssheishot

friendfromlowry

Sat, Feb 3, 2018 9:15 PM

There’s so much worthless trash on this team right now. 

friendfromlowry

Sat, Feb 3, 2018 9:25 PM

Awesome sequence just now. Harden dribbles up the floor and Capella comes over to screen IT. TT switches onto Harden (even though Harden easily drove by him for a layup on the previous possession) and IT forgets to switch to a rolling Capella (not that he could have guarded him anyways) and Harden hits Capella for an easy dunk. 

friendfromlowry

Sat, Feb 3, 2018 9:36 PM

I know we try not to overthink it too much in January/February but what's going to change for this team to make it to the finals? No one outside of Lebron is playing worth a shit. JR, IT, and TT look lost on defense. I've never seen TT look so worthless. Wade had two turnovers in the second quarter where he dribbled off his foot out of bounds and then had a pass bounce off his hands. I mean what the fuck? 

Classyposter58

Sat, Feb 3, 2018 10:06 PM

Wow watching this game downtown after the Pistons game. Cleveland is completely lost and will probably only win 15 games rest of the season barring a good trade. Gave up 125 earlier this week to a Detroit team post trade without Griffin yet. 

Just no chemistry at all, probably due to the fact Kyrie is gone

thavoice

Sat, Feb 3, 2018 10:17 PM
posted by Classyposter58

Wow watching this game downtown after the Pistons game. Cleveland is completely lost and will probably only win 15 games rest of the season barring a good trade. Gave up 125 earlier this week to a Detroit team post trade without Griffin yet. 

Just no chemistry at all, probably due to the fact Kyrie is gone

So what you are sayin is that trading a top player to a league rival for an injured dwarf wasn't a solid decision for the franchise?

Interesting 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Sat, Feb 3, 2018 10:38 PM
posted by Classyposter58

probably due to the fact Kyrie is gone

With all these layoffs, I hear ESPN is looking for expert analysts for cheap.  

thavoice

Sat, Feb 3, 2018 10:46 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

With all these layoffs, I hear ESPN is looking for expert analysts for cheap.  

Also in breaking news.......Tom Brady is good.

Classyposter58

Sat, Feb 3, 2018 10:49 PM

My question is what can be done. This team is 6-14 in their last 20 games, their second best player is out for a few months and they now have a negative point differential. Another stretch like this and the Cavs are sitting at 36-34, which may not be even a playoff team. Reminds me of an MLB team like collapse where they just plummet after the all star game

SportsAndLady

Sun, Feb 4, 2018 12:25 AM
posted by Classyposter58

My question is what can be done. This team is 6-14 in their last 20 games, their second best player is out for a few months and they now have a negative point differential. Another stretch like this and the Cavs are sitting at 36-34, which may not be even a playoff team. Reminds me of an MLB team like collapse where they just plummet after the all star game

Dear god you are dumb. 

sportswizuhrd

Sun, Feb 4, 2018 2:06 AM

IMO, in order, who needs to go before the trade deadline on Thursday

Tristan, JR, Shumpert, Crowder and IT.

TT has about zero trade value so he might be difficult to get rid of. Shumpert is in the same boat. J.R just needs to go. Crowder is on a cheap contract so he may not give the team much in return. IT could go to a team wanting to sell some tix by letting him run the show. I hate giving up on him so soon but it doesn't look like he is meshing well in his role with the Cavs. 

The problem with trading IT for another PG is that a pass first PG may be ineffective with how much LeBron controls the ball. I was thinking of someone like Kemba Walker or Schroeder from Atlanta, when in reality someone like George Hill or Shelvin Mack would be the better option. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Feb 5, 2018 12:50 PM

Woj and twitter sure seem to think LBJ is leaving. I'm happy we got the Ship, but fuck I wish I could back in time and not give up the 1st for Korver and not trade Kyrie. Also Giannis over AB, smfh.

BR1986FB

Mon, Feb 5, 2018 1:46 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Woj and twitter sure seem to think LBJ is leaving. I'm happy we got the Ship, but fuck I wish I could back in time and not give up the 1st for Korver and not trade Kyrie. Also Giannis over AB, smfh.

After reading about the Houston game, where it was implied that Lebron gave up, I'm almost 100% now thinking he will go.

Almost reminds me of the year when he left the first time. Part of the reason I don't believe they will even make it to the ECF, let alone the Finals.

I honestly think he wants to stay but I also thinks he's really not going to have a choice but to leave if he wants to contend for another ring. Unless they can somehow gut this roster and transform it, I don't think there's much hope for him to win here in his remaining years.

Plus add in the fact that it looks like Gilbert is making the personnel decisions and I can't blame him for saying "I'm out." I'm going to be very interested to see if they try to do something significant before Thursday. If they sit on their hands, might as well see if he'll drop his no trade clause as he's going to have one foot out the door.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Feb 5, 2018 2:05 PM

Trade him to Boston for Brown or Tatum and picks. Would lol at Kyrie's butthurtness.

BR1986FB

Mon, Feb 5, 2018 2:11 PM

And I'm not really advocating trading the best player in the league (even though forcing KI to play with LBJ again would bring some lulz) but I really don't see this situation being repaired quickly. I think IT's a big issue they need to get rid of but what move are they going to make that's going to make people say "wow?" Even if they get a piece that gets them back to the Finals, they aren't beating Golden State unless both KD & Steph go down hobbled. As fun as it was, I think their run is over. It was bound to happen sometime.

Devils Advocate

Brudda o da bomber

Mon, Feb 5, 2018 9:44 PM
posted by BR1986FB

And I'm not really advocating trading the best player in the league (even though forcing KI to play with LBJ again would bring some lulz) but I really don't see this situation being repaired quickly. I think IT's a big issue they need to get rid of but what move are they going to make that's going to make people say "wow?" Even if they get a piece that gets them back to the Finals, they aren't beating Golden State unless both KD & Steph go down hobbled. As fun as it was, I think their run is over. It was bound to happen sometime.

sportswizuhrd

Mon, Feb 5, 2018 11:15 PM

Per Zach Lowe...

The Cleveland Cavaliers and Charlotte Hornets have had at least vague discussions centered upon a trade of Kemba Walker and Nicolas Batum for Isaiah Thomas, Brooklyn's first round pick and approximately $25 million in outgoing salary.

The Hornets would likely have to take both Tristan Thompson and J.R. Smith.

The Hornets have interest in trading Walker, who will be a free agent in 2019.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248854/Cavs-Hornets-Have-Discussed-Kemba-Walker-Trade