Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

BR1986FB

Fri, Jun 15, 2018 11:52 AM
posted by like_that

Yeah, but Kyrie/Love being out in 2015 didn't help them out at all LOL.  

Not to mention I hate the Green argument. People conveniently forget that love left game 2 I believe with a concussion and then didn't even play in game 3.  So the Cavs also missed a main piece in that series.  Also everyone including the Warriors were dancing on the Cavs' grave when they were up 3-1.  Little unanimous MVP Curry wouldn't win a home game without Draymond? The Draymond excuse is bullshit and they know it.

And this is what I hate most about their bandwagon fans...selective memory. They will be the first to throw out the Draymond thing but conveniently forget 2015 (Love/KI injuries) and the fact that they have won almost every series to get to the Finals with their opponents top player being out injured.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Fri, Jun 15, 2018 11:53 AM

Another thing that pisses me off, non of my workers or friends here in the Bay Area seemed to NGAF this season. My co worker who is the biggest GSW "Fan" I know, went on a date for game 1 instead of watching (but turned phone on airplane mode to watch later lolyeahok). Asked "are you going to the parade?"

"Nah, honestly it's kinda of boring now."

SMFH

Crimson streak

Mon, Jun 18, 2018 3:44 PM

Phil handy and Jim boylan were let go today. I think signs are pointing to Lue being gone 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Jun 18, 2018 6:51 PM

Lebron has left his team the last two world cups.  

slingshot4ever

Mon, Jun 18, 2018 8:50 PM
posted by like_that

Lebron has left his team the last two world cups.  

The USA participated in those World Cups...maybe we are safe!

SportsAndLady

Tue, Jul 10, 2018 8:24 AM

Obviously just Summer League and means very little, but so far I'm liking Sexton's game. Kid can play. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Jul 10, 2018 8:29 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Obviously just Summer League and means very little, but so far I'm liking Sexton's game. Kid can play. 

Agree

cat_lover

Tue, Jul 10, 2018 10:31 AM

He was lightly recruited out of high school and seems to use that as motivation.Works hard and has a high motor.

Crimson streak

Tue, Jul 10, 2018 7:29 PM

I’m really liking Sexton. And can we all agree Cedi is a beast. I think he takes a huge leap this year. I really love his game 

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Jul 10, 2018 10:53 PM
posted by Crimson streak

I’m really liking Sexton. And can we all agree Cedi is a beast. I think he takes a huge leap this year. I really love his game 

Regarding Cedi...still pissed Lue didn’t make him a top 7 player in regular season. He would’ve helped so much in the playoffs.

sportswizuhrd

Tue, Jul 10, 2018 11:52 PM
posted by cat_lover

He was lightly recruited out of high school and seems to use that as motivation.Works hard and has a high motor.

Sexton? He was ranked 7th in the nation by ESPN and had offers from Bama, Zona, Florida, Georgia Tech, Iowa St, Kansas, UNC, NC St,  Oklahoma and Villanova. 

Being lightly recruited certainly does not apply to him. 

Crimson streak

Wed, Jul 11, 2018 7:19 AM
posted by Laley23

Regarding Cedi...still pissed Lue didn’t make him a top 7 player in regular season. He would’ve helped so much in the playoffs.

Agreed 100% still don’t get why JR played over him. Cedi just has that energy that translates to everyone around him. I’m excited to see when he gets a lot of minutes, the type of player he can become 

friendfromlowry

Sun, Jul 15, 2018 6:54 AM

If I'm understanding the summer league tourney bracket correctly, they play Toronto in the quarterfinals today at 6pm. 

SportsAndLady

Tue, Jul 24, 2018 11:47 AM

Cavs sign Love to a 4 year extension for $120M

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Jul 24, 2018 11:58 AM

Guess we ain't trading him. I like the extension.

kizer permanente

Tue, Jul 24, 2018 12:05 PM

Does he have a no trade clause? Or can we now trade him to a shitty team who would never have gotten him via FA. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Jul 24, 2018 12:35 PM
posted by kizer permanente

Does he have a no trade clause? Or can we now trade him to a shitty team who would never have gotten him via FA. 

Not sure anyone would want to take on that contract. Not a fan of the move.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Jul 24, 2018 12:44 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Cavs sign Love to a 4 year extension for $120M

Fuck that’s a lot of money for Kevin Love

Geesh

kizer permanente

Tue, Jul 24, 2018 12:45 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Not sure anyone would want to take on that contract. Not a fan of the move.

Why not? Love locked up for 4 years. 30 is about right for him. 

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Jul 24, 2018 12:59 PM

Makes him easier to trade imo. Not this year, but down the line. Especially if it’s frontloaded and/or with team option, though both are unlikely.

He isn’t good enough to keep them from sucking j don’t think. So top 5 pick is still likely coming. But he is good enough to help them if they hit on that pick and Cedi/Sexton end up being above average.

kizer permanente

Tue, Jul 24, 2018 1:03 PM
posted by Laley23

Makes him easier to trade imo. Not this year, but down the line. Especially if it’s frontloaded and/or with team option, though both are unlikely.

He isn’t good enough to keep them from sucking j don’t think. So top 5 pick is still likely coming. But he is good enough to help them if they hit on that pick and Cedi/Sexton end up being above average.

this.. and we'll be getting rid of expiring contracts come next summer. We're actually in a good place. 

SportsAndLady

Tue, Jul 24, 2018 1:12 PM

Love could have held out for next summer where he’d be eligible for the super max ($250M). Sounds like he either didn’t get good feedback on whether teams would pay that or he just likes playing in Cleveland.