Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

sportswizuhrd

Mon, Feb 5, 2018 11:16 PM

If the Cavs trade Tristan they will have to get back either Dwight Howard or Zeller. Like all NBA trades its about money matching and not talent, so in this one Zeller would be the one coming to the Cavs.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 11:16 AM
posted by sportswizuhrd

Per Zach Lowe...

The Cleveland Cavaliers and Charlotte Hornets have had at least vague discussions centered upon a trade of Kemba Walker and Nicolas Batum for Isaiah Thomas, Brooklyn's first round pick and approximately $25 million in outgoing salary.

The Hornets would likely have to take both Tristan Thompson and J.R. Smith.

The Hornets have interest in trading Walker, who will be a free agent in 2019.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248854/Cavs-Hornets-Have-Discussed-Kemba-Walker-Trade

I would be fucking pissed at this.

BR1986FB

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 11:32 AM

I don't know if I'd call it "conspiracy theory" but there seems to be some belief that Dan Gilbert is kind of doing his own thing and doesn't care whether Lebron bolts or not. He's pretty much running the show on these trades and sounds like he's in love with that Brooklyn pick.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 11:47 AM
posted by BR1986FB

I don't know if I'd call it "conspiracy theory" but there seems to be some belief that Dan Gilbert is kind of doing his own thing and doesn't care whether Lebron bolts or not. He's pretty much running the show on these trades and sounds like he's in love with that Brooklyn pick.

I think not GAF about LBJ is the best approach, build for the long term. However, don't trade our best asset for Kemba undersized fucking Walker.

BR1986FB

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 11:49 AM
posted by Commander of Awesome

I think not GAF about LBJ is the best approach, build for the long term. However, don't trade our best asset for Kemba undersized fucking Walker.

I agree and I think that's part of Gilbert's mindset. I know he's a billionaire but it's probably getting old paying that luxury tax every year plus you're looking at a 33 year old superstar that is going to demand a ton of money. He's probably thinking "we got a ring. I'm good. Time to rebuild."

BR1986FB

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 5:02 PM

Jesus....does anyone here get a subscription to "The Athletic?" Apparently Jason Lloyd wrote an article that was released about an hour ago about how bad the Cavs situation has gotten between Lebron and the front office. When Kyrie demanded that trade, LBJ told the front office "bring him to camp....you have all of the leverage....we'll be able to smooth this over with time" then the front office contacts him 20 minutes before the trade was official to let him know it was done. The whole piece (92.3 was reading the article) sounds like Gilbert is in total control in full on "Jerry Jones mode." From what I heard, unless Lebron's wife begs him to stay here. I'd give it about a 150% chance he's gone.

Beat me up on this as much as you want but if it's as bad as Lloyd's implying, I could see this team free falling to a 7 or 8 seed, possibly missing the playoffs. And, don't get me wrong, LBJ's a passive/aggressive diva but it sounds like 90% of this team's issue fall on Dan Gilbert.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 5:16 PM

Pretty sure DG has said publicly that he wants to be known as Jerry Jones type. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 5:49 PM

Remove the stretch when the Cavs won 18 of 19 games and their winning percentage for the rest of this season is .375

From the article. That is pathetic.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 6:39 PM
posted by wildcats20

Pretty sure DG has said publicly that he wants to be known as Jerry Jones type. 

Well, if he becomes that, when the Cavs fall to being a consistently mediocre team due to his incompetence, at least he'll be getting all the headlines instead of players or coaches, so there's that.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 8:10 PM
posted by BR1986FB

When Kyrie demanded that trade, LBJ told the front office "bring him to camp....you have all of the leverage....we'll be able to smooth this over with time" 

This is what I (and a few others) fucking said at the time Kyrie was crying to get traded.  He still had 2 years on his contract smfh. 

Automatik

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 8:14 PM

Gave in too easy....then traded to a league rival on top of that. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 8:23 PM
posted by Heretic

Well, if he becomes that, when the Cavs fall to being a consistently mediocre team due to his incompetence, at least he'll be getting all the headlines instead of players or coaches, so there's that.

And this is what they discussed on the radio. Seems like DG wants to play "trade machine" and run the team. The first domino fell when he refused to retain David Griffin. If they'd have kept Griff, I'm skeptical that Kyrie is traded. They mentioned that after they won it in 2016 the front office was baffled that a) they didn't get raises and b) that Griffin didn't have an extension. Sounds like Koby Altman is nothing more than a highly paid puppet.

I appreciate that Gilbert has been willing to spend but how many championships "could" have Lebron had with a different owner? Does he even go to Miami? A lot of hindsight "if's." From what they were talking about today, and from pieces of that article, it sounds like Gilbert is a madman.

Lue was interviewed recently and said he hasn't been asked about personnel/trade deadline and I guess from that article, in their closed door meeting where everyone was throwing K-Love under the bus, Lebron ripped into two of the front office execs with a profanity laced tirade.

Wouldn't be Cleveland without a whole bunch of dysfunction.

BR1986FB

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 8:24 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Remove the stretch when the Cavs won 18 of 19 games and their winning percentage for the rest of this season is .375

From the article. That is pathetic.

That seems like years ago.

sportswizuhrd

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 8:57 PM

Up 16 at the half in Orlando. Down by 3 going into the 4th. Lue is out for the rest of the game with an undisclosed illness. 

I have come to the conclusion that they can pick up anyone they want to but as long as he is the coach, they will not beat Golden State and maybe even Boston. 

friendfromlowry

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 9:22 PM
posted by BR1986FB
Beat me up on this as much as you want but if it's as bad as Lloyd's implying, I could see this team free falling to a 7 or 8 seed, possibly missing the playoffs. And, don't get me wrong, LBJ's a passive/aggressive diva but it sounds like 90% of this team's issue fall on Dan Gilbert.

At the moment, this is the more likely scenario than making it to the finals. 

They scored nine points in the fourth quarter. Outscored 65-31 in the second half after leading by 16 at halftime.

sportswizuhrd

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 9:25 PM

9 point 4th and lose by 18. Had a 21 point lead at one point in the first half. Disgusting.

Mulva

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 9:52 PM
posted by sportswizuhrd

I have come to the conclusion that they can pick up anyone they want to but as long as he is the coach, they will not beat Golden State and maybe even Boston. 

Did anyone ever think they were going to be able to beat Golden State?

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 10:04 PM
posted by Mulva

Did anyone ever think they were going to be able to beat Golden State?

No, but there is a strong chance (versus the last 2 years) that GS doesn’t make finals. 

SportsAndLady

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 10:33 PM

I’m about done with this team. If they don’t make a big trade (or trades), I won’t be putting too much of my time into this team. 

SportsAndLady

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 10:34 PM

Oh, and fire Lue for the love of god. He stinks. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 11:52 PM

This team is in shambles. Just pathetic considering talent we had this time 12 months ago.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Feb 7, 2018 12:57 AM

That quote is dumb. He finished it with this season.