Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

SportsAndLady

Sat, Jan 20, 2018 4:03 PM

Christ their defense is so pathetic. And we need to get JR Smith off the floor. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Jan 20, 2018 5:06 PM

Love get hurt?

SportsAndLady

Sat, Jan 20, 2018 5:08 PM
posted by Ironman92

Love get hurt?

"Not feeling well"

friendfromlowry

Sat, Jan 20, 2018 6:17 PM

148 points lol. Did they just stand there on defense?

SportsAndLady

Sat, Jan 20, 2018 6:30 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

148 points lol. Did they just stand there on defense?

It was awful. I get it's January and I'm certainly not going to go into sky is falling for a meaningless game. But these are fucking professionals and they just let people go to the rim at will. I fucking hate when tehy play like this after spending 3 hours watching them.

kizer permanente

Sat, Jan 20, 2018 6:39 PM

Didn’t realize the Cavs defense was part of the federal government. 

friendfromlowry

Sat, Jan 20, 2018 7:43 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

It was awful. I get it's January and I'm certainly not going to go into sky is falling for a meaningless game. But these are fucking professionals and they just let people go to the rim at will. I fucking hate when tehy play like this after spending 3 hours watching them.

I'm trying not to freak out either but why is this a fucking thing every year? The Warriors are in the midst of one of the most successful runs in NBA history and they're still 9-1 in their last ten games. 

I get it's January and you're just treading water and it's not a big deal if you're not the best team in the east, but some of this stuff is still ridiculous. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Jan 21, 2018 10:09 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

I'm trying not to freak out either but why is this a fucking thing every year? The Warriors are in the midst of one of the most successful runs in NBA history and they're still 9-1 in their last ten games. 

I get it's January and you're just treading water and it's not a big deal if you're not the best team in the east, but some of this stuff is still ridiculous. 

The annoying part is why does Lebron have to be so passive agressive every January?  I think the front office respects you enough that you could go up to them and tell them what you like instead of tanking every January.  The FO has made a move every single season with Lebron on the roster, he doesn't need to go out and make a point like this. 

SportsAndLady

Sun, Jan 21, 2018 10:26 AM
posted by like_that

The annoying part is why does Lebron have to be so passive agressive every January?  I think the front office respects you enough that you could go up to them and tell them what you like instead of tanking every January.  The FO has made a move every single season with Lebron on the roster, he doesn't need to go out and make a point like this. 

I can't remember who said it, but I remember a national media guy suggesting Lebron purposely does this every January because it's around the trade deadline and it's his way of showing the FO that they need help. If that is true, why the FUCK doesn't he just do what you said and go into the GM's office and just ask for them to make a move?

Like I said, I'm still confident the Cavs are going to come out of the East. But no one can deny that a main reason the Warriors are so tough in the playoffs is because they're always playing 4 games at Oracle in every series. They simply don't go 2-8 in 10 game stretches. And they get rewarded in April/May. The Cavs have to go on the road in the ECF and then the NBA Finals to start the series and are automatically at a disadvantage. Hell, this year, they could go on the road in the series before the ECF. 

I don't mind losing...it's the "let the other team do whatever the fuck they want" that annoys me. And then after the game Lebron and everyone whines about needing help. No dude, you need to give at least a single fuck in the game you just played.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Jan 21, 2018 10:48 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I can't remember who said it, but I remember a national media guy suggesting Lebron purposely does this every January because it's around the trade deadline and it's his way of showing the FO that they need help. If that is true, why the FUCK doesn't he just do what you said and go into the GM's office and just ask for them to make a move?

Like I said, I'm still confident the Cavs are going to come out of the East. But no one can deny that a main reason the Warriors are so tough in the playoffs is because they're always playing 4 games at Oracle in every series. They simply don't go 2-8 in 10 game stretches. And they get rewarded in April/May. The Cavs have to go on the road in the ECF and then the NBA Finals to start the series and are automatically at a disadvantage. Hell, this year, they could go on the road in the series before the ECF. 

I don't mind losing...it's the "let the other team do whatever the fuck they want" that annoys me. And then after the game Lebron and everyone whines about needing help. No dude, you need to give at least a single fuck in the game you just played.

I suggested that a couple weeks ago in this thread.  I said notice how this always happens before the trade deadline and the front office always makes a move.  I am just saying all Lebron has to do is tell them to make a move at this point.  Going thru the motions is unncessary.  I still wouldn't bet against the cavs in the East.   I also think predictably we will see a trade or two. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Jan 21, 2018 1:49 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I thought like_that pretty much said that on here

QuakerOats

Mon, Jan 22, 2018 1:25 PM
posted by kizer permanente

Didn’t realize the Cavs defense was part of the federal government. 

Yep. Maybe they need to think about resisting the other team's offense, instead of Trump.

Pathetic defense.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Jan 22, 2018 1:31 PM

One of the reasons, well the main issue really, why the Cavs sucks is IT. He's fucking horrendous on defense, doesn't pair well with Kevin Love ATM, and Crowder is playing like ass.

If I were the Cavs HC, I'd tell IT he's coming off the fucking bench, start Calderone, Love back to the 5. Tell Rose if he wants to see the floor it needs to be earned on the defensive side.

QuakerOats

Mon, Jan 22, 2018 3:12 PM

IT comes back and has no legs yet still launches every shot he wants; nuts.  But the defense is simply pathetic, and there is never any help in the paint when a guy gets beat out front.  Sickening to watch.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Jan 22, 2018 10:33 PM

At what point does Kevin love pull a Kyrie and say get me out of here?!

the guy produces at an all star rate, doesn’t complain or say a word to anyone. He gets sick once and lebron and co give him shit for it? To actually think he wasn’t legitimately sick? If that story is true, then no wonder Kyrie got sick of lebron shit. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Jan 22, 2018 11:27 PM

So so soooo dumb.

BR1986FB

Tue, Jan 23, 2018 9:05 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

the guy produces at an all star rate, doesn’t complain or say a word to anyone. He gets sick once and lebron and co give him shit for it? To actually think he wasn’t legitimately sick? If that story is true, then no wonder Kyrie got sick of lebron shit. 

And this was why I made my "the juice isn't worth the squeeze" comment. Don't think I'm unappreciative of what LBJ's done for this franchise but this "boy that cried wolf" bullshit EVERY January gets old and it just isn't fun anymore. Everyone talks about how he's "unselfish" on the court, which I agree with, but he acts like an immature baby and a shitty teammate. 

Your comment about Kyrie kind of rings home to me. A lot of what I heard about him leaving was because of the "little brother" comments, etc that Lebron used to make. My understanding is that Kyrie felt like he was a peer (obviously not as talented as LBJ) and not an underling to LBJ. Shit like that will keep younger players from wanting to play with LBJ. I wouldn't want to come here if I knew that when the chips were down, LBJ was going to passive/aggressively throw me under the bus.

Kevin Love is FAR from the problem with this team. Besides the fact that they are OLD, IT is the issue (as COA said). When Love was the #2 option, they were winning. Now, IT is chucking up shots, taking away shots from Love, and it's hurting them.

Another thing that's REALLY pissing me off is IT's constant references to "well, when I was in Boston." Listen, fool....if you take a chick/dude out on a date, you don't talk about your ex's all night long. And he's got balls as big as Texas to say "when I was in Boston, 'we' played defense." Is their a fugging mouse in your pocket, IT because YOU have never played a lick of defense in your life?

End rant.

thavoice

Tue, Jan 23, 2018 11:39 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

That was pretty much Dan Patrick's thoughts this AM about Kyrie wanting out.   May have been your most cohesive thought on the OC. 

It's about time

QuakerOats

Tue, Jan 23, 2018 2:38 PM
posted by BR1986FB

And this was why I made my "the juice isn't worth the squeeze" comment. Don't think I'm unappreciative of what LBJ's done for this franchise but this "boy that cried wolf" bullshit EVERY January gets old and it just isn't fun anymore. Everyone talks about how he's "unselfish" on the court, which I agree with, but he acts like an immature baby and a shitty teammate. 

Your comment about Kyrie kind of rings home to me. A lot of what I heard about him leaving was because of the "little brother" comments, etc that Lebron used to make. My understanding is that Kyrie felt like he was a peer (obviously not as talented as LBJ) and not an underling to LBJ. Shit like that will keep younger players from wanting to play with LBJ. I wouldn't want to come here if I knew that when the chips were down, LBJ was going to passive/aggressively throw me under the bus.

Kevin Love is FAR from the problem with this team. Besides the fact that they are OLD, IT is the issue (as COA said). When Love was the #2 option, they were winning. Now, IT is chucking up shots, taking away shots from Love, and it's hurting them.

Another thing that's REALLY pissing me off is IT's constant references to "well, when I was in Boston." Listen, fool....if you take a chick/dude out on a date, you don't talk about your ex's all night long. And he's got balls as big as Texas to say "when I was in Boston, 'we' played defense." Is their a fugging mouse in your pocket, IT because YOU have never played a lick of defense in your life?

End rant.

Agreed. 

I would much prefer a point guard that distributes the ball effectively instead of one that thinks he needs to average 30 a game.  And I would like a PG that plays defense. 

This is a team that won 16 in a row before IT played one minute ........to try and blame Kevin Love is ludicrous. 

If Ty Lue can't figure that out and get it corrected; he will be another problem.

BR1986FB

Tue, Jan 23, 2018 2:44 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Agreed. 

I would much prefer a point guard that distributes the ball effectively instead of one that thinks he needs to average 30 a game.  And I would like a PG that plays defense. 

This is a team that won 16 in a row before IT played one minute ........to try and blame Kevin Love is ludicrous. 

If Ty Lue can't figure that out and get it corrected; he will be another problem.

I know this is a pipe dream but the local station had some national analyst on discussing trade possibilities. One of the names was Kemba Walker for IT in a salary dump for Charlotte (could let IT walk at the end of the year) while the Cavs get a piece to work with. Also sounds like, from COA's post on the NBA thread, that Charlotte has some salary issues.

thavoice

Tue, Jan 23, 2018 2:49 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Agreed. 

Think LeBron has had discussions with ownership yet about getting  lue fired?   The decision is in His hands 

BR1986FB

Tue, Jan 23, 2018 2:58 PM
posted by thavoice

Think LeBron has had discussions with ownership yet about getting  lue fired?   The decision is in His hands 

If he has, he'll likely want to slide his buddy Fizdale right on in there. Although I don't think firing the coach is going to solve their problems.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Tue, Jan 23, 2018 3:01 PM

Like puppets on a string, every single January... right?  I mean, read back through this thread.  "Not going to fret, it's January.  Same ole, same ole."  Couple pages later "OMG, WTF is happening!?"  

thavoice

Tue, Jan 23, 2018 3:08 PM

I realize Kyrie wanted traded but the Cavs shoulda did what was best for them.  Trading a top tier player to your biggest rival in the east was retarded. He woulda played, and played well, form them and his feelz be damned.  He made not have been happy about stAying but he would have gotten over it once the games and winning started. To cave in was the tail wagging the dog, unless James really wanted it and of that's true then he is reaping what he sowed.

On a much smaller scale the Steelers didn't give in when Bryant wanted traded.   You keep a great talent unless getting rid of him helps you in every single way.    

Getting rid of Kyrie, to your biggest eastern competition, was one of the biggest boneheaded moves a front office can make.