Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, May 13, 2018 8:53 PM

Selfishly as a guy that really has no NBA team (but pulling for LeBron Cavs and can’t stand GS or Harden)....Cavs need to win this series so the immature bandwagon Warriors fans will STFU on FB. The guy has been the best player the planet has ever seen the first two series and now they are all back chewing their mouthpieces and touching themselves.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, May 14, 2018 7:24 AM
posted by Laley23

The problem I see, as I stated before, was that Boston plays good defense. Supporting cast is going to be closing to Indians series. LeBron having to do it all versus Boston and Stevens is going to be much tougher.

Going in, I figured Boston wouldn’t be able to score enough over 7 game series (like Indiana). Not sure that has changed, but every game they play without Kyrie, their other guys get more comfortable on that side of the ball. Game 2 is pretty important, but not critical.

I would say it is a must win. 

BR1986FB

Mon, May 14, 2018 7:42 AM
posted by like_that

I would say it is a must win. 

Yeah, that's why I said that I think the winner of game 1 takes this series. My reasoning was that Boston has been gaining more & more confidence by the series. If the Cavs go into Boston and shut them down, it's likely that Boston's confidence takes a hit. Now the Celtics are sky high and the Cavs are the ones with the pressure to pull out game 2. I agree with your earlier comment that if this goes back to Cleveland with the Cavs down 0-2, I think they're done.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, May 14, 2018 7:47 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Yeah, that's why I said that I think the winner of game 1 takes this series. My reasoning was that Boston has been gaining more & more confidence by the series. If the Cavs go into Boston and shut them down, it's likely that Boston's confidence takes a hit. Now the Celtics are sky high and the Cavs are the ones with the pressure to pull out game 2. I agree with your earlier comment that if this goes back to Cleveland with the Cavs down 0-2, I think they're done.

I disagree with game 1 winner taking the series, but it is important to take back home court in the first two games.  

vball10set

paying it forward

Mon, May 14, 2018 7:54 AM

meh--on to game 2...

BR1986FB

Mon, May 14, 2018 7:55 AM
posted by like_that

I disagree with game 1 winner taking the series, but it is important to take back home court in the first two games.  

We'll see. Cavs can take back momentum but right now they look like a bunch of beaten dogs. When even Al Horford is contributing something, not good.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, May 14, 2018 8:25 AM
posted by BR1986FB

We'll see. Cavs can take back momentum but right now they look like a bunch of beaten dogs. When even Al Horford is contributing something, not good.

It's one game.  The entire team played like trash.  It's a Lebron led team.  If they lose tomorrow, then I will hit the panic button.  Especially if they get blown out again. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Mon, May 14, 2018 8:38 AM

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Mon, May 14, 2018 8:39 AM

Cavs - 36% from 2, 15% from 3

Boston - 51% from 2, 36.7% from 3

As VBall said... on to game 2.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, May 14, 2018 9:07 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Al Horford is borderline All-NBA this year. Both offensive and defensive. That’s a ridiculous comment. 

Automatik

Mon, May 14, 2018 9:08 AM

And a 5x All Star. 

SportsAndLady

Mon, May 14, 2018 9:09 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Al Horford is good and was an all star this year. What are you talking about? 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, May 14, 2018 9:09 AM
posted by Laley23

Al Horford is borderline All-NBA this year. Both offensive and defensive. That’s a ridiculous comment. 

Thank you! Al Horford is one of the best bigs in the League. 

BR1986FB

Mon, May 14, 2018 9:13 AM
posted by Laley23

Really? Because he seems to disappear every time he faces Cleveland. He's been good in previous seasons and has shriveled in the postseason against the Cavs. Not "ridiculous" at all considering his previous track record.

SportsAndLady

Mon, May 14, 2018 9:20 AM

Cavs destroy raptors in 4 games, BR nowhere to be seen. Cavs then lose game 1 (one game) to Celtics, “Cavs look like a beaten dog” 

I swear BR it almost seems like you don’t even like the Cavs. Either that or you get off to beating the Cavs when they’re down. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, May 14, 2018 9:24 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Cavs destroy raptors in 4 games, BR nowhere to be seen. Cavs then lose game 1 (one game) to Celtics, “Cavs look like a beaten dog” 

I swear BR it almost seems like you don’t even like the Cavs. Either that or you get off to beating the Cavs when they’re down. 

I am definitely a pessimist when it comes to Cleveland sports.  I think a lot of us have that in us just by the nature of being Cleveland fans.  BR, might be the worst, especially with the fickleness. 

SportsAndLady

Mon, May 14, 2018 9:27 AM
posted by like_that

I am definitely a pessimist when it comes to Cleveland sports.  I think a lot of us have that in us just be the nature of being Cleveland fans.  BR, might be the worst, especially with the fickleness. 

I went back and looked, he made a post about hoping you win your guys’ bet. He said, after Lebron hit the game 3 shot, that he’s just glad that Lebron didn’t shrivel up and pass the ball instead of taking the last shot. And after we swept Toronto, he called Hood a selfish POS. Lol

BR1986FB

Mon, May 14, 2018 10:27 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I went back and looked, he made a post about hoping you win your guys’ bet. He said, after Lebron hit the game 3 shot, that he’s just glad that Lebron didn’t shrivel up and pass the ball instead of taking the last shot. And after we swept Toronto, he called Hood a selfish POS. Lol

You read way too much into that shit. Earlier in his career, LBJ would defer game winning shots and got criticized for it repeatedly. As like_that mentioned, only until he was in Miami did he want to be the man to close out games. I'm aware he's hit several game winners in the past few years.

As far as Hood goes, I'm not the only one on here who thought it was a dick move by him.

And for Horford, yeah...he may be playing at an All-Star level but (historically) he's pissed down his leg and disappeared in the playoffs against the Cavs. Words like "soft" come to mind when hearing about his previous playoff appearances versus Cleveland. He's played at a high level during the regular season but gags, against the Cavs, in the playoffs. Hence my "when 'even' Al Horford is contributing" comment because he hasn't against Cleveland.

BR1986FB

Mon, May 14, 2018 10:29 AM
posted by like_that

I am definitely a pessimist when it comes to Cleveland sports.  I think a lot of us have that in us just by the nature of being Cleveland fans.  BR, might be the worst, especially with the fickleness. 

And I don't think you were exactly "Mr Confident" that they were getting through Indiana as that series was going on. Most people on here weren't.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, May 14, 2018 10:49 AM
posted by BR1986FB

And I don't think you were exactly "Mr Confident" that they were getting through Indiana as that series was going on. Most people on here weren't.

My confidence was shot during and after that series for sure.  I didn't hit the panic button until they were down 2-1 though. 

BR1986FB

Mon, May 14, 2018 11:04 AM
posted by like_that

My confidence was shot during and after that series for sure.  I didn't hit the panic button until they were down 2-1 though. 

And I haven't hit a panic button over them going down 1-0 either. I said I think they can come back but they looked like a defeated/deflated/shitty team yesterday. If they go down 2-0, I'd be more inclined to think the series is over for sure. They need to split the games in Boston because I see them splitting in Cleveland where it will become a 3 game series. Biggest concern is that the Cavs have Ty Lue as their coach.

SportsAndLady

Mon, May 14, 2018 11:15 AM
posted by BR1986FB

You read way too much into that shit. Earlier in his career, LBJ would defer game winning shots and got criticized for it repeatedly. As like_that mentioned, only until he was in Miami did he want to be the man to close out games. I'm aware he's hit several game winners in the past few years.

As far as Hood goes, I'm not the only one on here who thought it was a dick move by him.

And for Horford, yeah...he may be playing at an All-Star level but (historically) he's pissed down his leg and disappeared in the playoffs against the Cavs. Words like "soft" come to mind when hearing about his previous playoff appearances versus Cleveland. He's played at a high level during the regular season but gags, against the Cavs, in the playoffs. Hence my "when 'even' Al Horford is contributing" comment because he hasn't against Cleveland.

No one is arguing what you’re saying. My point is when the Cavs win, you point out the negatives (Hood is a POS, Lebron used to be passive with the last shot, etc.). And when they lose you put your “Sky is falling” hat on. 

friendfromlowry

Mon, May 14, 2018 7:34 PM

NBA draft lottery is tomorrow night.

Classyposter58

Mon, May 14, 2018 9:13 PM

Game 1 was just an aberration. The only thing the Cavs have to worry about is mental toughness, Boston won’t fold like a taco the way Toronto did. 

You see it with this Houston/Golden State series however, the speed of the game may be something that Cleveland cannot keep up with. Boston is extremely athletic, and that seems to be the Achilles heel to this Cavs team. We saw it with Indiana, Oladipo’s explosiveness really exposed the Cavs even though they were the better team. 

I wouldn’t count out arguably the greatest ever in Lebron, but Boston has been rolling as of late

friendfromlowry

Mon, May 14, 2018 10:26 PM

I don’t even read what classy says anymore. Same with thavoice.