Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, May 8, 2018 11:01 AM

Happy with a sweep but it was far from an easy sweep. Two of the games were VERY close.

As for the next series, I would prefer to see the 6ers, mainly bc I think the Celtics have the athletic wings and solid PG play to push the Cavs to the brink. Against the Celtics I think it would be a 6-7 game series, 6ers I could see the Cavs pulling it off in 5.

SportsAndLady

Tue, May 8, 2018 11:37 AM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Happy with a sweep but it was far from an easy sweep. Two of the games were VERY close.

As for the next series, I would prefer to see the 6ers, mainly bc I think the Celtics have the athletic wings and solid PG play to push the Cavs to the brink. Against the Celtics I think it would be a 6-7 game series, 6ers I could see the Cavs pulling it off in 5.

Oh shucks we didn’t win 4 games in a row by 30. 

BR1986FB

Tue, May 8, 2018 11:59 AM

This is getting the cart WAY before the horse but if the Cavs were to get past Boston and somehow win the championship, imo, this would be the greatest season by one player (in the NBA) of all time. Take into consideration the roster turnover and the scrubs LBJ has had to work with. It would be nothing short of a miracle.

First things first, beat Boston....

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, May 8, 2018 12:04 PM
posted by BR1986FB

This is getting the cart WAY before the horse but if the Cavs were to get past Boston and somehow win the championship, imo, this would be the greatest season by one player (in the NBA) of all time. Take into consideration the roster turnover and the scrubs LBJ has had to work with. It would be nothing short of a miracle.

First things first, beat Boston....

Give me 2015. That squad was worse than this one, and we were two uncalled fouls from being up 3-0 on the Warriors.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, May 8, 2018 12:17 PM

Give me 2015. That squad was worse than this one, and we were two uncalled fouls from being up 3-0 on the Warriors.

This. It’s incredhblw how many people forget that Lebron was playing without Love and kyrie was barely 70% before he went out (not to mention he missed a couple ECF games).

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, May 8, 2018 12:21 PM
posted by like_that

This. It’s incredhblw how many people forget that Lebron was playing without Love and kyrie was barely 70% before he went out (not to mention he missed a couple ECF games).

Yep. And LBJ was fucking raped at the end of game 1 on that GW layup. Hit in the dick, and his hands smacked by shithead Draymond Green. No call. We go to OT and Kyrie hurts his knee. That foul should have been called.

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, May 8, 2018 1:26 PM

Yep. And LBJ was fucking raped at the end of game 1 on that GW layup. Hit in the dick, and his hands smacked by shithead Draymond Green. No call. We go to OT and Kyrie hurts his knee. That foul should have been called.

What? I remember LeBron getting smoked when he drove a lot in that series without calls. But AI was guarding him, and he took a leaning jumper from the left side to try and win game 1. Unless I’m completely confusing shit, he didn’t drive then to win the game. It was after Kyrie blocked Stephs shot and Cavs had chance to win with last second shot.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, May 8, 2018 1:31 PM

Mozgov's bullshit travel call pisses me off more than LBJ getting a no call after being raped.

friendfromlowry

Tue, May 8, 2018 7:31 PM
posted by wildcats20

Not sure how the Raptors will blow it up. Unless they trade Lowry and Derozan for nothing. They both have 2 years(Derozan has 2+P.O.) left on their deals. I’d be surprised if anyone would give up a decent amount for those 2 contracts. I think it will be tough, obviously not impossible, to really blow it up and start over. 

I agree, and this topic really fascinates me. I haven't been listening to NBA radio much lately because a lot of these series have been dull, but I enjoyed listening to everyone's thoughts on it today. There's a lot of pieces in motion. If they kept everything as is and Lebron went out west next season then they're already better off. But I don't think they're going to compete with Philadelphia, Boston, or even Indiana as time goes on. 

I wonder if the Spurs would consider making a deal with DeRozan and Kawhi being the centerpieces. 

friendfromlowry

Thu, May 10, 2018 1:22 AM

I call Aron Baynes for my most disliked non-Warriors Cavs opponent in a long time.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, May 10, 2018 6:04 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

I call Aron Baynes for my most disliked non-Warriors Cavs opponent in a long time.

Kelly Olynyk for me

friendfromlowry

Thu, May 10, 2018 6:34 AM
posted by Ironman92

Kelly Olynyk for me

That’s a really good one.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, May 10, 2018 6:36 AM

I think the Cavs matchup better with the Celtics, but I really hate this series.  It's such a lose-lose-lose situation for the Cavs.

SportsAndLady

Thu, May 10, 2018 8:34 AM

Sunday, 2:30pm CST/3:30 EST. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, May 10, 2018 9:45 AM
posted by like_that

I think the Cavs matchup better with the Celtics, but I really hate this series.  It's such a lose-lose-lose situation for the Cavs.

I need to know what the last “lose” is

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, May 10, 2018 11:35 AM
posted by Ironman92

I need to know what the last “lose” is

-If they lose the series it's beyond terrible.

-If they win, but it takes more than 5 games it will also be an indictment on them.  OMG Kyrie and Hayward weren't even playing!

-If they win in 5 or less... "East is trash; we didn't expect the injury riddled celtics to make it this far."

SportsAndLady

Thu, May 10, 2018 11:48 AM
posted by like_that

-If they lose the series it's beyond terrible.

-If they win, but it takes more than 5 games it will also be an indictment on them.  OMG Kyrie and Hayward weren't even playing!

-If they win in 5 or less... "East is trash; we didn't expect the injury riddled celtics to make it this far."

Those last two things are not losses at all lol who really gives a fuck what anyone says if we just made it back to the finals. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, May 10, 2018 11:57 AM

Yeah, just get there. Don’t care how lucky

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, May 10, 2018 1:26 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Those last two things are not losses at all lol who really gives a fuck what anyone says if we just made it back to the finals. 

I was more speaking of the narrative.  Celtics are playing with house money. Obviously I won't be upset if the cavs are in the finals...

BR1986FB

Fri, May 11, 2018 7:51 AM

I have a feeling that the team that wins game 1 will win this series.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Fri, May 11, 2018 8:21 AM

friendfromlowry

Fri, May 11, 2018 9:26 AM

Poor Kyrie 

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, May 11, 2018 9:27 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

That’s pretty funny

BR1986FB

Fri, May 11, 2018 9:52 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Poor Kyrie 

David Griffin was on one of the national programs recently and said he thought he could've salvaged the relationship between LBJ & Kyrie. I'm thankful for what KI did, hitting that shot, but I'm kind of glad that he moved on. Nobody had a crystal ball but the Cavs would be screwed right now, had he stayed. Plus, he may have a shortened career with these recurring injuries.